RealModScene

Hi, Just a quick question.

I am just wondering if I were to get a external HDD larger than a 2TB. Would it work on my Jtag? Could you own a 5TB HDD and format it to FAT32?

I recall reading that FAT32 isn't supported for larger than 2TB for Jtag. Could you partition a 5TB HDD to work on a Jtagged xbox 360?

Thanks to everyone involved in the community. I hope that you can kindly help me with this.

Nope 2TB is all that's allowed for now. I always wondered why M$ never allowed support for the NTFS file system? I mean after all it is a file system created by Microsoft. 

Thanks for the response.

Do you think that you could Partition the HDD into three? Any-chance that the three partitions would show in FSD? 

Thanks Again. :thumbup:

Nope, the Xbox 360 only supports 1 partition per harddrive, besides... 3TB harddrives have caused issues for MANY ppl...

Does the internal HDD have this same limitation?

Yes, it also can only do 2TB harddrives i believe... you can check it (FATX is the filesystem used, well XTAF if you wanna be 100% accurate, but the difference is just endianess)

• Like 1

@moses_373

The Xbox 360 uses a driver design for (internal / external) HD stuff, that is designed for 32-bit. You cant addressing more except 2 TB. To use a HD over 2 TB, the Xbox 360 should have the ability, to addressing  Logical Blocks  with 64 Bit.

This worked for me : 

what I used :  external 5 tb Samsung d3 station

xbox 360, trinity, slim rgh 2 dash 2.0.17349.0

Programs : MiniAide Fat32 Formatter Home Edition 1.05

MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition

Procedure:  first delete all partitions on hd, then create a new partition fat32 selecting  default cluster size on MiniAide Fat32 Formatter Home Edition 1.05 , closed the program then open MiniTool Partition Wizard Professional Edition and format the fat32 partition selecting 64kb cluster size, that's it, you can install a 2 disk game creating a content/0000000000000000 folder inside the hard drive. Good luck :D

Does the internal HDD have this same limitation?

I believe internal officially supports 500GB JTAG/RGH 2TB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

What i done 2tb internal and 2x2 seagate powered external never had a problem with that setup and am sure 6tb will be more than enough

What i done 2tb internal and 2x2 seagate powered external never had a problem with that setup and am sure 6tb will be more than enough

Wow, you could rent space with all that, lolz.

• Like 1

I tried omar mendez procedure with an external hdd WD elements 4 tb and it worked but  xbox360 games only work in god format. On the other hand, I followed the same procedure with an external hdd wd elements 5 tb and with an 8tb hdd in an enclosure and neither of them worked since mini aide and mini tool don´t allow to formate hdd above  4 tb . All in all, having the option of using a 4 tb hdd is really good

I tried omar mendez procedure with an external hdd WD elements 4 tb and it worked but xbox360 games only work in god format. On the other hand, I followed the same procedure with an external hdd wd elements 5 tb and with an 8tb hdd in an enclosure and neither of them worked since mini aide and mini tool don´t allow to formate hdd above 4 tb . All in all, having the option of using a 4 tb hdd is really good

You can use 2 2tb hdds.. that equals 4gb.. buut.. the system itself cant handle more than 2tb.. get you a pc from 1995, and u cant even use sata connections.. lol.. the console is older than technology nowadays mate.. nothing can change that mate..
  • Like 2

I would think with some serious mods to the kernel, then yes you probably could pull it off, as sata bus will support it. lol. Good luck on those patches though. it would be like the LBA48 hack for the OG Xbox. Far beyond me. 

Of couse you can use 3 TB Hdd, but you can`t use the complete size of 3 TB in one primary partition for Xbox 360. FAT32 are supported 8,8 Terabyte file system ( with 2 KiB sectors and 32 KiB clusters ), but on Xbox 360 the Hdd size is nailed on 2 TB.

after a long search or found 2.5 hdd usb powered in fat32 4tb formatted in a single unique partition and I can confirm that it works, but the xbox360 games only work in god, while xbla games do not work, there or even converted to god and default but without success the same does not work, now I try to format the hdd by changing the size of the cluster hoping for a difficult success:cigar: