RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
gavin_darkglider

[Aurora] Integrated Emulators

http://ks3372552.kimsufi.com/smf/index.php/topic,57.0.html   i´d like to see support for this emu xD

It's more the other way around, they add support for Aurora ;)

It's quite easy to do actually, all that the emulator have to do is check for LaunchData when it starts, then check the data that was received to be a match for Aurora (if there is any that is) if it is, then mount the mentioned device and load the ROM (or iso/cue/bin as it would be in the PSX case)

There is a pcsx core for retroarch but a different version and also not contained in the xdk cores.

As far i know they were going to implement Aurora launch but its a WIP. So we would not need RetroArch for this. Might be interesting to put it as libretro version into the xdk cores.

There is a pcsx core for retroarch but a different version and also not contained in the xdk cores.

As far i know they were going to implement Aurora launch but its a WIP. So we would not need RetroArch for this. Might be interesting to put it as libretro version into the xdk cores.

I was trying to find it last night, could you perhaps link me to it?

Here is a better one

https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/

https://github.com/libretro/mednafen-psx-libretro

Also

Ceds is good but not libretro built

https://github.com/Ced2911/cloaked-ninja

Dreamboy and cmnk were working on remake and fixed alot but i dont know if they are on github

Its already xdk, maybe porting that to libretro would be easier

Here is a better one

https://github.com/libretro/pcsx_rearmed/

https://github.com/libretro/mednafen-psx-libretro

Also

Ceds is good but not libretro built

https://github.com/Ced2911/cloaked-ninja

Dreamboy and cmnk were working on remake and fixed alot but i dont know if they are on github

Its already xdk, maybe porting that to libretro would be easier

The top link there is pointless, it's arm optimized, not ppc ;)

hey Swizzy did you get round to compiling newer version with working UI?

Yes, multiple times... but... they're not working with all cores right now... i also just fixed the background stuff together with MaesterRowen :) he's very skilled :)

• Like 1

could you send me the fba one?

Maybe later, right now i only have debug builds for testing, they don't work on your system (retail with RGH/JTAG) they only work with XDK systems or consoles running RGLoader (debug kernel)

** Edit: **

I've attached the files required to run the FBA version, i'm not sure that it works 100% tho... i read something on github about reset mapping to a button...

fba-libretro.rar

Still waiting on a test build myself. I can install rgloader if nececary, not a big deal.

The thing is, running debug builds means sucky performance and constant breaks which you have no control of... (you gotta run XBWatson or Visual Studio to press "Continue" in order for it to let you do things) these are assertion errors which don't hit when in Release build on retail kernel :)

I will be running some tests with release builds on retail kernel today to see which are working and not working right now, i can upload the test builds for you when i have them ready if you want...

Why do you wait? You can compile it on your own.

It's probably because he lost his computer with the VS/XDK installed... he wrote that earlier in the thread... besides, i'm the only one with the code for the background support right now, haven't uploaded it yet as i'm waiting for someone to help me correct the SD version of the XUI stuff... i don't feel much like mucking about with a second set of cables and whatnot to make it show me what it looks like when using that mode

• Like 2

Not only was my computer stollen, but so was my external hdd, with all the ISO images i had for that stuff, and all of my license keys. I would download it, but, since I dont have my licence that means I would have to support piracy more then I would like. I know I didnt have a licence for the xdk, but that is because microsoft doesnt just give them to anybody, especially someone that just wants to mess with some homebrew apps.

All cores are available here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/mlmk1h

If you decide to use the normal UI (start the xex as-is) you have to disable the option saying to use a different configuration per-core, as otherwise you have no input once you've loaded a rom... (you can bring up the UI again by pressing both sticks, but that's it... you can't move around in it or anything >_<)

Works much better, roms are actually working from aurora. It could just be me, but I think the contrast or brightness is off in all of the cores I tested, which are the ones I sent you roms for. It is brighter then the original systems were. Other then that it is looking really good. Also if there is any way we can get a save state retriver from the older/other emulators, it is all stored in the profile data. that would be awesome as well. Thank you and keep up the good work, cant wait to see the final release, and if you are looking into porting the PS1 core, the Mupen64 core would be nice also, as I have far more N64 games then ps1 games. :) There is still some work to be done with the menu system, but other than the contrast/brightness thing, I have no complaints about this.

Also should note that vba next went to a black screen when loading gb and gbc games. Dont have any advanced games to test with, but as I recall the system itself played those games just fine. also the controls for prboom are horid. dont know if there is going to be a user interface for that, but I think it should be set up like a modern day FPS(Joysticks, and triggers, not dpad and y button for shooting.) :) I am sure that can be changed in the menu when it is all said and done though.

Thanks for reading, as said keep up the good work.

Works much better, roms are actually working from aurora.

The reason it didn't work for you before is because you didn't have the media folder, without the xur's it doesn't load the game, even if they're not really used while playing the game... (they're the ones that make up the menu)

It could just be me, but I think the contrast or brightness is off in all of the cores I tested, which are the ones I sent you roms for. It is brighter then the original systems were. Other then that it is looking really good.

Once Squarepusher gets back to implementing the shader support you'll be able to alter the way things appear in a better way... right now i don't know if there's anything you can actually do to correct it :(

Also if there is any way we can get a save state retriver from the older/other emulators, it is all stored in the profile data. that would be awesome as well.

As i don't have those emulators, nor do i know what format they store it in... it's not likely that will happen... if the data format isn't the same as RetroArch uses, then they won't be compatible anyways...

and if you are looking into porting the PS1 core, the Mupen64 core would be nice also, as I have far more N64 games then ps1 games. :)

I'm not going to do N64 first as that might be more complicated, i'll have to think of it... either way, i start with the "original" 15 cores from 1.0.0.2 with the release, then i might look into porting more cores, depends on how much work it is, and how much time i have on my hands... i've got lot's of other projects as well i need to work on...

There is still some work to be done with the menu system

Care to tell me what work needs to be done to the menu system? if it's the controls; i can't do anything about that... however... you can remap it...

Also should note that vba next went to a black screen when loading gb and gbc games. Dont have any advanced games to test with, but as I recall the system itself played those games just fine.

Just because the original system loads these games fine doesn't mean the emulator will load these roms fine... do they load fine in 1.0.0.2? the"gambatte" emulator is a Gameboy/Gameboy Color emulator

also the controls for prboom are horid. dont know if there is going to be a user interface for that, but I think it should be set up like a modern day FPS(Joysticks, and triggers, not dpad and y button for shooting.) :) I am sure that can be changed in the menu when it is all said and done though.

Controls mapping can be changed you know, just press both sticks to bring up the menu, and you can change the controls mapping and such :)

• Like 2

Didnt realize that gambatte was an original gb and gb color emulator. Thanks for the info. as for the menu, roms werent showing up until I hit the button that loaded them. it was some small stuff like that. maybe I was not understanding what I was doing, or it is a glitch. I didnt really mess with it much though, will play with it more later.

Didnt realize that gambatte was an original gb and gb color emulator. Thanks for the info. as for the menu, roms werent showing up until I hit the button that loaded them. it was some small stuff like that. maybe I was not understanding what I was doing, or it is a glitch. I didnt really mess with it much though, will play with it more later.

In Aurora? or in Retroarch? it'd be great if you could show me what you mean with the menu... i don't quite follow what you mean =/