RealModScene
Wizzzard

LINK games to join

Hello Team FSD,

First of all thubs up for this great work you delivered with this new update!

I've set up everything correctly and i can connect to LINK.

I've got a little question about how LINK handles created games?

For example i'm playing COD MW3 and i've joined room 1 with aprox 25 users and then chose join game.

When there are no games listed does that mean that all users are just idling in that room and nobody has created a game?

And what if i'm on a different TU? If someone with another version of TU created a game should is still be listed? For once i got the message that the host wasn't on the same version of the game so i couldn't join. therefore it looks like when your on a different TU version games should still list up?

Or are the games only listed when PINGS are almost the same?

I know LINK is still new and allot of people are finding there way's but when there are 25 people in the same room and there's only 1 game showing up with only 2 other users i'm wondering what all the other are doing.

Hopefully someone can give a clear explanation.

Thanks in advance!!

I dont think most people got it set up right. the games you do see are the people that got it setup correctly

I think there is more to it than hardware setup alone. Xlink Kai was the same. Be interesting to hear from a Dev though.

First let me start by saying ''Top Marks!!'' for the amazing work they have done..

Now i know its the first open BETA and all but i have set up LiNK correctly. So i run Black Ops 2 , Click ''Multiplayer'', then click ''System Link'' then ''Join Game'' then i press the guide button and use the menu to join a room where there is usually 28 or so players, after i have joined i back out of the menu and hit ''X'' to refresh in black ops 2, it does find a game or two but when i click to join the screen goes black and goes back to ''System Link'' menu with the error ''Unable to join game''. Is there something im missing ???

First let me start by saying ''Top Marks!!'' for the amazing work they have done..

Now i know its the first open BETA and all but i have set up LiNK correctly. So i run Black Ops 2 , Click ''Multiplayer'', then click ''System Link'' then ''Join Game'' then i press the guide button and use the menu to join a room where there is usually 28 or so players, after i have joined i back out of the menu and hit ''X'' to refresh in black ops 2, it does find a game or two but when i click to join the screen goes black and goes back to ''System Link'' menu with the error ''Unable to join game''. Is there something im missing ???

Make sure to have the latest TU. If you have try disable it.

I think it's just people idleing. I tested a few scenarios. Room 1 was full with no games, Room 2 was about 10 people but there was a game in progress I could join. Played fine. Game over, no more games listed, went back to Room 1 and there was a game playing, but it was full. Room 2 had like 12 people now but no games, Room 3 had no people, so I joined it and started my own game. Almost immediately I got a pop up saying somebody had joined the room and then there were people in my game. There's probably people out there that are just waiting for somebody to start a game and don't want to start one themselves, but will join a game when it's going.

EDIT

Just figured something out... I played a game of BLOPs2 via LiNK and then decided to leave that game completely and play something else. While the other game was loading (Darksiders 2) I switched over to my PC input to check my email. The screen that I had up was the link.jqe360.com website. It says at the top "Xbox Location : Main Lobby-> Call of Duty: Black Ops 2" only I'm not even playing that game anymore! So apparently, LiNK isn't detecting when you leave a game, and it keeps your account still logged into the game lobby you were last in. That explains why there are so many people 'idleing' in the rooms, they're not actually there!

• Like 2

I saw the same! I jumped from MW3 to BO2 and when i've opend LINK i was still in the MW3 room.

Question;

Does the game release need to be the same to play online? As PAL vs NTSC?

So if i'm using a PAL release will i be able to join a session from someone using a NTSC release?

Because i live in europe i prefere downloading the PAL release but if there are more online gamers using NTSC releases it's better for me to download those when i want to play online.