RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Yarin Bar Nachum

RGH Kinect update error

Hello.

I've seen the tutorial in this forum, about how to update the Kinect files in the RGH.

My dashboard version is 16547. My XBOX offers me to update, I choose yes, and then it says "Exctracting files", and after the first load I get this screen:

I was told that if this error appears, the problem is a wrong version I've downloaded. But it is not the problem, because I actually downloaded the correct version, and also tried another source of this version from another website.

Help will be appreciated!

Thank you.

post-53348-0-98113000-1418662255_thumb.jpg

Download the zip file from here: http://gxarena.com/download.php/Firmwares/Xbox360/16547.zip and verify that the MD5 hash of it is: 4493CC62B8F5188AF9832830138B2BEB if it's not, then you have a corrupt download and need to fix that

It can also be caused by a bad USB Stick (bad Filesystem mainly) so, try using GUIFormat to reformat it as FAT32, if it still don't work, try using a different device

• Like 1

"and verify that the MD5 hash of it is.." I didn't get what you mean.

Search on google for how to generate a MD5 hash of a file, compare the results with what i posted ^ if they're the same, the file is identical :)

• Like 1

Tried right now what you gave me, same problem.

My disk on key is fine aswell.. :(

Just because it works in windows doesn't mean it's OK... it just means windows understands it, and it works...

And you verified the MD5 like i told you? if so; there isn't much i can tell you that'll solve the problem, maybe upgrading to 16767 and doing that update? seeing as it's officially supported now...

• Like 1

The XBOX reads the disk on key.

And I haven't checked the MD5. In this progress, do I need to check the MD5 of the file you gave me?

And if I'll upgrade to 16767 the RGH will be destroyed, isn't it?

The XBOX reads the disk on key.

And I haven't checked the MD5. In this progress, do I need to check the MD5 of the file you gave me?

And if I'll upgrade to 16767 the RGH will be destroyed, isn't it?

http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/

Checking the MD5 is crucial, if you have a transfer error you'll have issues...

Just because the xbox reads the file doesn't mean everything is OK... that's why you need to verify the data, and test your usb stick with the methods i described above, formatting it with GUIFormat will make the filesystem correct, and it should thus work... some other forms of formating may or may not work with the Xbox 360, GUIFormat i know for sure works 100% issues that could come from a bad filesystem is things not working accordingly (like this for instance) and the inability to add files to the filesystem or remove them... games crashing while playing from the usb stick or whatever can also occur if the filesystem isn't 100% ok

• Like 1

Do I need the full format which takes like 37 minutes? I've used the quick format and I still have this error.

Should be good enough with slow format, so that didn't solve the problem, have you tried another usb memory? if so; try upgrading the dashboard and using 16767 instead...

Fails. Damn it, so annoying. I'll take the XBOX tomorrow to the guy who got me the RGH and let him fix it himself.

Thank you very much my friend, for the quick reply and the helpful assistance. :)