RealModScene
addy2014

managing paths

Hi

is there a way of resetting game paths without deleting all content from paths?

for example : if i was to delete a game from my 360 folder  via Aurora, it will say ALL content from hdd1:\360\TitleID\ will be deleted but then will delete EVERYTHING in 360 folder including the other games. Which is not what i want.

I had done this in FSD3 and not realised until it was too late that all games were deleted :huh: The cover art for all games were still there tho, and when i added the games back in i had duplicate covers all over the place.

if i delete a game from an FTP connection then the cover art is still shown in games library- if i can get this sorted then above wont be an issue. I'd like to keep the games library clean. At the moment the only solution  I found was to delete the Aurora or FSD dash and re-install a fresh one then put paths back in. If i decide to delete a game in future then i'll have to do this again.

Is there an easier solution?

thanks

Hi

is there a way of resetting game paths without deleting all content from paths?

for example : if i was to delete a game from my 360 folder  via Aurora, it will say ALL content from hdd1:\360\TitleID\ will be deleted but then will delete EVERYTHING in 360 folder including the other games. Which is not what i want.

I had done this in FSD3 and not realised until it was too late that all games were deleted :huh: The cover art for all games were still there tho, and when i added the games back in i had duplicate covers all over the place.

if i delete a game from an FTP connection then the cover art is still shown in games library- if i can get this sorted then above wont be an issue. I'd like to keep the games library clean. At the moment the only solution  I found was to delete the Aurora or FSD dash and re-install a fresh one then put paths back in. If i decide to delete a game in future then i'll have to do this again.

Is there an easier solution?

thanks

In Aurora you can "Hide" games, this is one way of doing it, but... Aurora should only delete the game you've selected, everything else should stay the same... however, XBLA/GOD might not work quite the same way, i'll have to check that later, see exactly how it works...

The alternative is to use something else to access your database, in content.db you'll find all games, just delete the entries you don't want to keep and voila! you've now deleted the game from db, but everything related to it is still present...

You don't actually have to remove EVERYTHING to reset Aurora/FSD, just the data folder ;)

In Aurora you can "Hide" games, this is one way of doing it, but... Aurora should only delete the game you've selected, everything else should stay the same... however, XBLA/GOD might not work quite the same way, i'll have to check that later, see exactly how it works...

The alternative is to use something else to access your database, in content.db you'll find all games, just delete the entries you don't want to keep and voila! you've now deleted the game from db, but everything related to it is still present...

You don't actually have to remove EVERYTHING to reset Aurora/FSD, just the data folder ;)

Thanks for reply.

When you delete the DATA folder what data does it delete exactly?

Also i tried the Hide option- the game was still showing.

By the way the games are in GOD format.

and how do i edit the Content.db file ? can i do it via my pc? i'm assuming i find it in  hdd1 then copy it over via FTp- edit it then copy it back over?

thanks

Thanks for reply.

When you delete the DATA folder what data does it delete exactly?

Also i tried the Hide option- the game was still showing.

By the way the games are in GOD format.

and how do i edit the Content.db file ? can i do it via my pc? i'm assuming i find it in  hdd1 then copy it over via FTp- edit it then copy it back over?

thanks

If you want to "hide the hidden" games, just go the view options (Button B ) and disable the option "Show Hidden Titles" :)

I usually use file manager or if there's a few to dump use the pc & just navigate to the game folder in question & remove the largest folder or file inside it.I then back out of file manager & enter the graphical game display part & at the front of the game name i write  the word"deleted" this allows the covers,screenshots etc to still be there & realigns all deleted games to D section in alphabet pretty snazzy eh :thumbup:  or not :p