RealModScene
carter84

can't get to homebrew or xell

My xbox wont play discs and I can get back to homebrew.its just the normal dashboard. Also I tried to update xell and now when I push eject nothing happens just black screen. I have a cool runner chip and have no idea what to do please help

What kernel are you on?

You're probably best off getting to someone that can help you reflash the nand so you know you have dashlaunch etc. running, and you probably updated with the wrong XeLL (xell-1f.bin or xell-2f.bin when you should've used xell-ggggg.bin)

Otherwise, download and burn the XEXMenu ISO, it should work... then you can reflash your nand using Simple 360 NAND Flasher to install the correct XeLL version ;)

How do I install anything If I can't get xell running , and I have no idea what kernel I'm on.I'm a complete noob I had someone else jtag my xbox now I can't find his #

How do I install anything If I can't get xell running , and I have no idea what kernel I'm on.I'm a complete noob I had someone else jtag my xbox now I can't find his #

XeLL is just a secondary loader... it's mainly for loading Linux and Libxenon homebrew... there's still the 360 kernel... and it's still working right?

The version you can find under system settings...

My disc drive won't read any games I'll have to see if it will read that. I've tried to put another disk drive in it and it wouldn't read discs from that either

My disc drive won't read any games I'll have to see if it will read that. I've tried to put another disk drive in it and it wouldn't read discs from that either

Games only works if the DVD drive have the correct DVDKey as the Motherboard... XEXMenu doesn't count as a game due to it being on a data disc instead of a XGD disc

carter84 don't worry about being a noob, everybody had to start somewhere!  You'll want to put your original dvd drive back into your system at some point, like swizzy said, the dvd trays are locked to their original motherboard.  Although you can swap out dvd keys, it is a little more advanced than you may be ready for right now.  You'd probably save time and money by buying a new laser off of ebay (make sure it is for the same model of dvd tray that your xbox 360 uses, because microsoft used many different models of dvd trays throughout the 360's lifespan).  If the dvd tray you used as a replacement is the same model, you could just switch out the boards (easy if it is just ribbon cables, not as easy if you have to solder/desolder wiring) or you could pull the laser off of your new dvd tray and use it as a donor for your old dvd tray assuming the lasers are the same type as well.  Swizzy is the best there is, just do exactly as he says and I guarantee you'll have your box running in no time!

• Like 2