RealModScene
illiac4

The best tool for ISO and Aurora?

Hi! What is the best tool for Aurora to extract ISO and upload to Xbox360 HDD?

Since Aurora does not have Samba i have to run FSD to activate Samba and upload ISO. Is there any tool that works on Win8.1 that does the same job as 360mpGui v1.3.0.1 that uses samba protocol to do this?

360mpGui is like swiss army knife but it does not allow you to extract and upload via FTP in one step.

I always use extract-xiso  and filezilla for this. Then again, I run linux on my computers, and manage my nand data in a virtual machine. I dont know of any other apps that will do what you are talking about other then Qwix, and i think that only works on original xbox iso images. Honestly the ftp server has some issues, so it would be smarter to copy the game to a usb drive and copy it that way. Not only is it way faster, but I have found it a more reliable option.

• Like 1

360mpgui works very good but uses samba to mount disks from xbox. It works super under fsd which has samba integrated. Aurora has only ftp. I hope this will change in the near future.

360mpgui works very good but uses samba to mount disks from xbox. It works super under fsd which has samba integrated. Aurora has only ftp. I hope this will change in the near future.

If by near future you mean early next year, maybe... otherwise no ;)

• Like 1

Swizzy are you in the mood of presenting us with samba Aurora? :)

It's a good year for that :)

Cheers!

It's being worked upon by a Phoenix Developer, he's making progress with it while having other things to deal with (life) just like me and my projects :)

He wants a beta tester? :)

Yeah I understand that time is short. Very!

We've got beta testers already, and there will be some time before we'll be at the point where it's going to be truly useful...

Oks.

Gotta write something for my Synology so I can ftp after I extract using the old extract-xiso.

Thanks.

Cheers!

why not use exiso? or my personal tool: https://www.sendspace.com/file/qry0mx both supports FTP transfer (direct FTP transfer)

• Like 1

Your tool ... had the sourcecode in my downloads dir but I never checked it... Seems a nice tool hehe

How did it pass by me without noticing ... :)

Thanks.

I'll test tonight.

Swizzy are you in the mood of presenting us with samba Aurora? :)

It's a good year for that :)

Cheers!

Do you even have any idea how much you of a project integrating a samba server is. Even if you worked on it non stop for a week, you still wouldnt finish a quarter of it. then you figure in the fact that people have lives, and you can see why it hasnt been implemented yet. The only need for it is X360 Content manager, and their dev is an idiot, as they use both Samba, and Ftp, but for different things. That I never understood, as ftp is part of every dashboard, and Samba was only in FSD.

• Like 1

I can only imagine the work :)

It's less work for us to go around and use whatever is out there. It was just a question since I didn't had any clue how many people were still active in the xbox scene. It's not worth all the trouble and time I'm sure. And it's not for one person only!

You guys did alot already!

Let's go with the flow! heh

Cheers!

• Like 1

Is Swizzy's tool still available somehwere?  I'd like to try it out.

I've noticed a few issues with exiso.  If the case is different than $SystemUpdate in the ISO it doesn't skip it.

It shouldn't be too difficult to fix that issue.  I have a copy of the source code.  I was looking into adding RAR/7z support to it as well.

I loved Qwix for the original Xbox.  There was no need to unrar to extract and ftp an ISO with it.  Would be nice to have that for the 360.

I have also noticed some issues where FTP can't create a file on the 360 in some cases when transferring over a game.

Is the source for the FTP plugin available?  I'd be willing to try and figure out what the problem is with that if I can get a hold of it.

Ftp has nothing to do with your issue, it has to do with Xtaf filename size issues. As for extract-xiso, it has a switch to skip $SystemUpdate, it like -S if memory serves me. Swizzy keeps all of his projects on github, so I would start there, if you are looking for his app.

Ftp has nothing to do with your issue, it has to do with Xtaf filename size issues. As for extract-xiso, it has a switch to skip $SystemUpdate, it like -S if memory serves me. Swizzy keeps all of his projects on github, so I would start there, if you are looking for his app.

https://github.com/Swizzy/XISOExtractorGUI This would be the project, however, it has a bug that causes certain iso's to fail (and causes a crash), i just haven't had the time to fix it, i know where the bug is, i'm just not entirely sure how to fix it...

Essentially, if an iso have an empty folder, it'll fail to parse that iso, one such example is a very old game "Sega Superstars Tennis"

Ahh ok.  I'll see if I can find more info on that.  Yes... I know about the switch but I've found that some ISOs have $SystemUpdate as $SYSTEMUPDATE or $systemupdate or $Systemupdate and it doesn't skip those because the case doesn't match.

https://github.com/Swizzy/XISOExtractorGUI This would be the project, however, it has a bug that causes certain iso's to fail (and causes a crash), i just haven't had the time to fix it, i know where the bug is, i'm just not entirely sure how to fix it...

Essentially, if an iso have an empty folder, it'll fail to parse that iso, one such example is a very old game "Sega Superstars Tennis"

Great!  Thanks!  I'll try it out.  :)

Ahh ok.  I'll see if I can find more info on that.  Yes... I know about the switch but I've found that some ISOs have $SystemUpdate as $SYSTEMUPDATE or $systemupdate or $Systemupdate and it doesn't skip those because the case doesn't match.

That wouldnt be hard to fix in the code, a simple modification to the case statement, that I am assuming they use in the code, you can add all of those to the parser, so the switch on the app will not extract those files.