RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
mmoreira

Dashlauch on 16767 - I don´t have and a dump of a old version of 360 nand

Good morning, my name is Matheus and 2 days ago I buyed a XBOX 360 with RGH for my 8 years old daughter. The seller send me the console only with the chip installed but neither freestyle or aurora installed on it.

I was told I should do this by myself. The console came with Dash 16767 installed and I don't have a backup of an old version neither the seller has it. I spend the last two days reading and learning about the XBOX. I understand that the dashlaunch don't work on the 16767, so my questions are:

1) I don't care about Live, my daughter is only supposed to play Kinnect games, nothing more. Can I downgrade to a version before 16767 without have a backup of the old version, so I can install dashlaunch on it?

2) If first question is not possible, there is any way I can make the xbox boot directly on Freestyle or Aurora without dashlaunch installed? This is indeed what I need, that the console boot up to a easy to use dash (Aurora) so my daughter can select and play games easily. 

Extra Question:

I would like to watch netflix on the console, but from what I read, this unfortunately is not possible with RGH, is that alright?

Sorry for my bad English and thank you for your time and patience. I hope I'm not being inconvenient talking about this subject again.

Best regards,

Matheus.

1) Last night a new version was released that does support 16767, you should probably read this guide and rebuild the guide tho: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ that way you'll know for sure what you've got is good :)

2) Nope, there's nothing that'll load a different dashboard on startup other then dashlaunch...

You cannot use netflix without Xbox Live, and with an RGH/JTAG you cannot use Xbox Live... you shouldn't even try... (well, it's possible, but nobody here is going to tell you how)

Hi LibXenon De, that's fantastic! Thank you for your answer!

I will read the guide you pointed me. 

Like I said, I'm not interested on Live, only Netflix, so I will not even try to connect Live. :)

I will search alternatives. I read somewhere that Plex or PlayOn may be used to watch Netflix on XBOX, but I'm not sure. I will do some search about the topic. :)

Thank you again,

Matheus.