RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
anticopyright13

How to flash xbox 360 model no. 1439

hi guys i have a problem with my xbox 360. it doesn't read backed up xbox 360 games but is already rghed. can you give me a tutorial to flash the dvd drive of it so that copied games run fine? Cheers :thumbsup:

hi guys i have a problem with my xbox 360. it doesn't read backed up xbox 360 games but is already rghed. can you give me a tutorial to flash the dvd drive of it so that copied games run fine? Cheers :thumbsup:

Read the Jungleflasher tutorial... you'll be needing special hardware most likely...

If you don't want to spend the money on flashing hardware, FTP to the box is another method. One I actually recommend for slim boxes, vs the risk of a new person flashing a drive.

If you don't want to spend the money on flashing hardware, FTP to the box is another method. One I actually recommend for slim boxes, vs the risk of a new person flashing a drive.

How do you flash a drive to read burned games with FTP? RGH and Flashed firmware are 2 completely different things. You can FTP games to a HDD on a RGH, but the drive is still not equiped to read burned games with the stock firmware. While I am sure it would be possible to write an app for the xbox to flash a drive, most stock drives in newer consoles are locked, so they cant be flashed at all without some sort of hardware hack. eg. Sputnik switch, kamikazi, probe v3, MRA hack, LTU, etc. The best advice anyone can give is find out what drive your console has, and check the jungle flasher tutorial.

... most stock drives in newer consoles are locked, so they cant be flashed at all without some sort of hardware hack. eg. Sputnik switch, kamikazi,..., etc. The best advice anyone can give is find out what drive your console has, and check the jungle flasher tutorial.

In your opinion, yes.

In my opinion, if it's a slim box and the person has never flashed a drive before, they can achieve what they want with ftp. And not risk losing their drive or having to waste money on hardware. When the end result is the same. Especially considering it's already rgh-ed. My personal box is a Jtag, and has some form of firmware on there, I don't even know anymore. But, the truth is I haven't actually used my drive for ANYTHING since 2009. Unless the person has a huge archive of already backed-up discs, I fail to see where the risk is enough to justify the reward.

edit: They don't flash the drive with ftp. They transfer their backups. But after reading his original post, he straight up asked for jungleflasher. I'm sorry I attempted to discourse some common sense and discourage him from giving Team Xecuter more money.

In your opinion, yes.

In my opinion, if it's a slim box and the person has never flashed a drive before, they can achieve what they want with ftp. And not risk losing their drive or having to waste money on hardware. When the end result is the same. Especially considering it's already rgh-ed. My personal box is a Jtag, and has some form of firmware on there, I don't even know anymore. But, the truth is I haven't actually used my drive for ANYTHING since 2009. Unless the person has a huge archive of already backed-up discs, I fail to see where the risk is enough to justify the reward.

edit: They don't flash the drive with ftp. They transfer their backups. But after reading his original post, he straight up asked for jungleflasher. I'm sorry I attempted to discourse some common sense and discourage him from giving Team Xecuter more money.

FTP means you have to install RGH which is actually more advanced then flashing the DVD Drive (depending on the actual model of drive, if it's a DG16-D5S or Hitachi, then it's harder to flash due to the additional step...) but, etheir way... if they want to go on xbl, they need a flashed drive to be safe...

There are other ppl making things aswell, it's not just TX... there's plenty of clones out there NOT related to TX