RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.4b - Released!

28r2kwx.png

Aurora 0.4b Is Now Available!

Happy Holidays everyone,

This next update brings some more requested features that we hope you enjoy and get some good use.  Below, we've outlined the additions, changes, deletions, and bug fixes.  Take a look and leave a comment. 

Theme Settings - In the view menu, we've added a new section for theme settings.  Here you can change your cover layout, you can select and preview backgrounds, and you can turn on or off the background animation setting.  To add new backgrounds to your theme menu, you simply save them into your Aurora:\Backgrounds\ folder.  Currently, we support BMP, PNG, DDS, JPG, DIB, HDR, PFM, and PPM image formats.  For optimal use, please use an image that has a resolution of 1280x720.  Smaller and larger images are supported; however, they are scaled and may compromise load times.

15gyuzq.jpg

1z3o6lt.jpg

Skin Settings - Also in the view menu, we've added a section for skin settings.  You will have the ability to select new user created skins, you will have the ability to turn on/off the "Idle" status text and you will have the ability to select an alternate splash screen.  The alternate splash screen is a skin dependent feature.  In Aurora, the alternate splash screen is a darker version of the default.  Other skins may offer different alternates.  

b5fdz4.jpg

w1487p.jpg

Launch DVD - In the system dialog (pressing Back on main menu) we have added a Launch DVD button.  This button will allow you to launch whatever game (or movie) is in your DVD drive.  This will not download artwork or allow you to manage title updates.  That type of functionality will come in the future.

zvd10n.jpg

Title Update Scanning - Based on community feedback, we've opted to change up the TU scanning process.  In Aurora 0.3b, we attempted to solve a serious issue that came up when scanning Title Updates.  For those of you who don't know, prior to Aurora 0.3b, the title update scan and backup happened in the background.  If a game was launched or the console was turned off while a title update was being copied, then the copy would be corrupt and the title update would not work.  This became a bigger problem as Title Updates became much larger (Alien Isolation anyone?) as the copy would take even longer, increasing the chance of an interrupted backup.  To solve this problem in Aurora 0.3b, we forced the title update scan to occur during the splash screen.  However, the draw back that comes with that is the longer boot times, which many people didn't like.  

The solution we implemented in Aurora 0.4b is to scan Title Updates the first time you boot Aurora 0.4b, and then allow the user to decide when the next scan happens.  Provided you only use the built in Title Update Manager from within Aurora, then you won't have to scan for title updates again.  However, if you manually copy them to your drive, or download them from another dash (like FSD), then you will need to scan again.  We have implemented a Scan Now button in settings to allow you to rescan for new title updates in that case.  For those of you who were okay with the AutoScan happening at boot, we've added a setting to allow that to happen every time.  Lastly, we added a Clear All button which essentially will scan through all of your /Cache/ and /Content/ folders and remove any title updates it finds. 

m7vmrk.jpg

Changes

• Added LB/RB tab icons to the FileManager and Title Update Manager to help make that more clear
  • Updated skin.xml and added skin.meta to skin files to support the new Skin Selection settings
  • Added alternate skin splash screen option in default skin
  • Reconfigured the Filter & Sorts scene and made updates to the game list happen immediately
  • Created a new dynamic list module that allows us to save a ton of XUI processing power
  • Added screenshot activator and trigger button selection prompts to allow configuration
  • Fixed an issue where you could move the game list while the Progress UI was displayed
  • Fixed an issue where freezing could occur when viewing achievements scene (and a couple other scenes)
  • Added the ability to launch LibXenon ELF files from within the File Manager
  • Added Launch DVD button to System dialog with drive detection to enable/disable button as necesssary
  • Moved CoverLayout selection into a popup list
  • Moved Sort Order selection into a popup list
  • Fixed an issue where screenshot combo would not be disabled if no network cable was inserted at boot
  • Removed filename restrictions in filemanager - allowing special characters to be used
  • Added ability to add or remove letterbox mode when on 4:3 screens without having to manually modify database
  • Aurora will now turn on XHTTP in dash launch while Aurora is running.  When aurora exits, it will revert it to whatever setting you had it at previously.

Supported Languages  
The following is a list of translations available in this release.  If you have a language that is not already completed that you would like to translate for us, please contact Swizzy.

• English  - Default Language
  • German - Translated by Nachtgarm
  • French - Translated by Nord Sud Team
  • Spanish - Translated by Gromber
  • Italian - Translated by MatteIta
  • Portuguese - Translated by SpkLeader
  • Polish - Translated by PrzemysÅ‚aw KoÅ‚odziejczyk
  • Swedish - Translated by Swizzy
  • Turkish - Translated by Bomlife
  • Dutch - Translated by Mattie
  • Simplified Chinese - Translated by Zesty
  • Traditional Chinese - Translated by Zesty
  • Russian - Translated by Cosmaty
  • Korean - Translated by -zard-

Future Updates
As usual we have a quite a few more features we are planning to implement as we continue to push Aurora forward.  We are continuously checking the forums for all your requests and ideas, so keep them coming!

Thanks for helping us test our new dash replacement and look forward to bringing even more functionality in the future.
Special thanks goes to SpkLeader, Swizzy, Trajik, cOz, JPizzle, Blackwolf and Biohazard for their behind the scenes involvement and assistance in testing and preparing this package

Support:
Please post bugs in the support forum.
Or check out #RealModScene on Efnet for support

Current Versions:
0.4b r900 Binaries
0.4b r900 Skin
3.0b r801 Freestyle Plugin

Downloads:
Link:   Aurora 0.4b.rar
MD5:     82E6F10F993B6F9B01463527E5E5459B

Note:  This update is available via the Auto Updater in Aurora.  For the update to succeed you must be on at least version 0.1a.1.  You can find that download here.

Donations:
We would like to say thank you to the people have donated to us so far.  If anyone else would like to show their support feel free to use this  handybtn_donate_LG.gif button...

Cheers,

Phoenix

Nice! Thanks for doing great stuff to us. =)

You guys need to put ConnectX and SMB on it so I can start to use Aurora as my main dashboard, hehe.

Oh, and a reverse filter would be cool too! In Aurora, we need to select what we don't want to see... how about we select what we want to see?

Thanks again. :D

• Like 1

Great work guys, and a special thanks to jpizzle for helping me out with my account issue too.

Keep up the amazing work :)

great!, i have a question, why we can't create a public room with ours news xboxunity acccounts, we can only make a privates rooms, please fix that issue :(, and thanks for this update and you great job  :thumbup: . ( sorry for my english )

Nice! Thanks for doing great stuff to us. =)

You guys need to put ConnectX and SMB on it so I can start to use Aurora as my main dashboard, hehe.

Oh, and a reverse filter would be cool too! In Aurora, we need to select what we don't want to see... how about we select what we want to see?

Thanks again. :D

Actually, the default scripts are set up to show you what you want, my custom scripts are to hide certain games...

where is folder where can I add my custom backgrounds?

"Backgrounds"

To be more clear: Aurora\Backgrounds\background.jpg

great!, i have a question, why we can't create a public room with ours news xboxunity acccounts, we can only make a privates rooms, please fix that issue :(, and thanks for this update and you great job  :thumbup: . ( sorry for my english )

Because public rooms are well, for EVERYONE, and they're not owned by any one person, they're added by admins, if you feel that you need more rooms for a game, feel free to message me or any other moderator/admin here and we'll add it if there's need for it...

For me I'm collector would love to have the mark of a game option that already zeroed type 3D cover is another golden color type or even any symbol appears on the cover it know something

Can you explain what it is you're asking more in detail please?

• Like 2

Awesome news. Still having problems with FSD Plugin not loading, or crashing on load. Dont know what is causing it, but will post a log the next time it happens. I just know it is quite annoying that I chose a game, then go to chose a link room and get no plugin. I have no Idea what is causing it, as I have no additional plugins, and have been using the same launch.ini file I used with FSD, except the XHTTP option, and auto loading Aurora instead of FSD.

Just awesome, keeps getting better and better updating as soon as i get back in the house cheers for all the hard work ;)

Good work guys keep it up the best part is totally free ;)

Well, we'd like it if ppl that could afford it and like what we do make a small donation :)

• Like 2

Well, we'd like it if ppl that could afford it and like what we do make a small donation :)

I didn't download the new update yet, but great job in advance :)  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Also I just made a small donation to express my gratitude, although  you deserve much more of course.

• Like 1

I didn't download the new update yet, but great job in advance :)  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Also I just made a small donation to express my gratitude, although  you deserve much more of course.

Greatly appreciated, Thank You.

Thanks all for the kind words and donations!   All of it combined really helps keep us going-   we have more fantastic features coming early next year and look forward to getting started on it!

I just upgraded now!! Again, great job guys  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

One quick question: how to make skins appear in the "Select Skin" scene? I added skins in the same folder "Skins" beside the default one but they still didn't appear.

Edit: Wait, do they have to be 0.4 skins?

I just upgraded now!! Again, great job guys  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

One quick question: how to make skins appear in the "Select Skin" scene? I added skins in the same folder "Skins" beside the default one but they still didn't appear.

Edit: Wait, do they have to be 0.4 skins?

Yes, they need to be 0.4 skins

Great

i see you added the Luanch DVD option

any chance for RTL Languages?

Sorry, not in this release, we're still looking into it, i cannot tell you when it's going to be ready... it's not an easy task to fix you know ;)

• Like 2

Sorry, not in this release, we're still looking into it, i cannot tell you when it's going to be ready... it's not an easy task to fix you know ;)

no hurry Buddy as long as i know it will be added :)