RealModScene
komser

freeze with internal memory unit

see attached picture. not my own picture, grabbed from google.

however, this what i mentioned with [3]. the both figures are in color, not grey.

my language is german and therefore community, instead of social.

i think those are always like that... so, without hdd you don't get the popup, only with the hdd? no idea what's causing that :/

1) only 48 mb of the internal memory (int-mu) is used for flashing. the remaining space is never touched ?

2) no nand flasher is existing to take full 4gb backup ?

only with usb nand mmc reader possible.

3) no full dump is existing, but even in case, jrunner/xebuild is only process the 48 mb ?

4) is there a another way to format the int-mu ?

i do the last time via nxe dashboard.

1) only 48 mb of the internal memory (int-mu) is used for flashing. the remaining space is never touched ?

2) no nand flasher is existing to take full 4gb backup ?

only with usb nand mmc reader possible.

3) no full dump is existing, but even in case, jrunner/xebuild is only process the 48 mb ?

4) is there a another way to format the int-mu ?

i do the last time via nxe dashboard.

1) Only the first 48MB of the MMC is used for the flash (system) the rest is the memory unit region (on 4GB corona)

2) Not on-console one, and there's really no need anyways... the rest of it is as i just explained, the memory unit... which is pretty much useless

3) xeBuild only process the Flash area, the MU area is ignored... (JRunner uses xeBuild just like everything else, of course... you mean xeBuild GUI when you say xeBuild that's a whole different application, it also uses xeBuild in the background tho)

4) To format the internal MU you have to do it in NXE, there's no tool that will write the required headers and shit... nothing other then the xbox 360 kernel will read it either...

4)

congratulation & thanks for update of xebuild and dashlaunch to 16767.

my next target is update to 16767 with the additional target to remove my problems with the internal memory unit.

the new xebuild gui is now support 4gb internal memory without ignore the error messages (is further necessary to edit the command line) ?

congratulation & thanks for update of xebuild and dashlaunch to 16767.

my next target is update to 16767 with the additional target to remove my problems with the internal memory unit.

the new xebuild gui is now support 4gb internal memory without ignore the error messages (is further necessary to edit the command line) ?

Nope, i haven't released xeBuild GUI 3.0 yet, that is when it'll fully support 4G corona consoles...

ok

last time i used jrunner. how can i put the option nointmu at the command line using xebuild-gui ?

or should i try without the option nointmu to see if its works with the new kernel ?

let me ask at other way, how you update a corona 4gb ?

1) backup current flash 16747 with simple nand flasher.

2) create a new flash 16767 (using your guide at homebrew-connection.org).

load file > ignore error message > select advanced mode > select disable failsafe > select open parameter > add 4g (& nointmu) > generate image

The steps you described sounds correct :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

last question about 16767, fsd/aurora is ready to use with kernel 16767 ?

I been using aurora 0.3b with dash 16767 not had any problems yet :)

last question about 16767, fsd/aurora is ready to use with kernel 16767 ?

These alternative dashboards don't have anything in them that is tied to specific dashboards, however, aurora works best on 16197+ ( 15574 and older have issues)

And fsd works best on 12316+ or whatever, first kinect dash...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I would suggest to never use the internal MU as it is actually your NAND. 

isent it  a USB compliant actual memory unit?  the only thing that has built in memory that IS part of the NAND is the big block phat consoles as far as i can recall.

me personally on my trinity i installed a USB port that is hidden behind the left grate this way i can simply remove the grate or hide the mod if i choose...tho i do have a 2TB external HDD plugged into it

also i dont know if it is part of the NAND or not....but if it is like the corona boards with an actual removable 4GB storage device u can convert it to a USB device to be plugged into your computer or what ever