RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
disappeared

more than one wired controller: pairing failure

hello,

I kindly ask anyone help about this problem on my xbox 360

I've got two wired MS original controllers: when I connect the first one on frontal usb, after flashing circle, paring is OK and green light upper left of button guide is ON

when I connect the second one into the other usb frontal port, after flashing circle, pairing is OK ... in the SAME channel :huh: , so I have TWO wired controller connected on the same channel left upper green light is ON, and the first controller, with green ON, stops functioning ... because there is a conflict !

it seems 2nd controller doesn't see the first one, so xbox assigns anyway the first channel

is there a SW configuration to force channel on a wired controller ?

help, please, and many thanks in advance !

That's weird!  I think i had a similar issue on a system a while back..  not 100% sure but i think i replaced the ROL board and that fixed it..   is your system slim/phat?

edit: my controller are wireless though btw.

It's a console problem, most likely caused by a faulty rf-module... the controllers don't know about the other ones, they just get input from the kernel saying light this led... that's it...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

It's a console problem, most likely caused by a faulty rf-module... the controllers don't know about the other ones, they just get input from the kernel saying light this led... that's it...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

many thanks Swizzy and SuRbO:

@Swizzy:

I'm not sure about a faulty rf-module ... so I add these other info's:

If I connect two wireless controllers, all it's OK (different channel for each, paring is good)

there is an user (I don't know if I can post link: it's a user's feedback about controller purchased on a famous web portal) with SAME problem ... he supposes that the problem is due to controllers that are PC compatibles :huh:

So, you say: XBOX kernel assigns channel to controllers, right ? ... and when it assigns the second one, doesn't remeber the first one ... unbelievable !

@SuRbO: it's a slim, RGH modded

a little upgrade: I connect, in this order, 1st wireless controller, it pairs 1st channel (upper left led); 2nd one wireless controller takes 2nd channel (upper right led), 1st wired controller pairs 3rd channel (lower left led) and, finally, 2nd wired controller pairs 3rd channel, so it excludes the previous brother !

many thanks, guys !

many thanks Swizzy and SuRbO:

@Swizzy:

I'm not sure about a faulty rf-module ... so I add these other info's:

If I connect two wireless controllers, all it's OK (different channel for each, paring is good)

there is an user (I don't know if I can post link: it's a user's feedback about controller purchased on a famous web portal) with SAME problem ... he supposes that the problem is due to controllers that are PC compatibles :huh:

So, you say: XBOX kernel assigns channel to controllers, right ? ... and when it assigns the second one, doesn't remeber the first one ... unbelievable !

@SuRbO: it's a slim, RGH modded

a little upgrade: I connect, in this order, 1st wireless controller, it pairs 1st channel (upper left led); 2nd one wireless controller takes 2nd channel (upper right led), 1st wired controller pairs 3rd channel (lower left led) and, finally, 2nd wired controller pairs 3rd channel, so it excludes the previous brother !

many thanks, guys !

Ok, so with that information... it's probably pirated controllers? basically, each controller have their own serial number, if you connect 2 controllers with the same serial number they'll most likely be identified as a single controller by the kernel... which is probably why they're both set as player 1...

Ok, so with that information... it's probably pirated controllers? basically, each controller have their own serial number, if you connect 2 controllers with the same serial number they'll most likely be identified as a single controller by the kernel... which is probably why they're both set as player 1...

May be new xbox360 consoles like slim and newer with default wireless controllers doesnt' handle correctly wired controllers ?

May be your are right but, please, let you read my P.M. about shop, many thanks