RealModScene
falaga

Use FSD at boot and the link plugin with the RGLoader Kernel

Hey guys,

I wanna use the RGLoader Kernel, I used it once and I set the FSD as default and it kept freezing at the boot.

When I opened the FSD after it loaded the default RGLoader menu it worked fine, but the link plugin didnt work, I wasnt able to play on LiNK (which is the main thing I wanna do with the kernel).

Does anybody know how to solve it?

Hey guys,

I wanna use the RGLoader Kernel, I used it once and I set the FSD as default and it kept freezing at the boot.

When I opened the FSD after it loaded the default RGLoader menu it worked fine, but the link plugin didnt work, I wasnt able to play on LiNK (which is the main thing I wanna do with the kernel).

Does anybody know how to solve it?

RGLoader is for developers, if you're looking to mainly be using LiNK... go for Freeboot, the mainstream kernel

• Like 1

RGLoader is for developers, if you're looking to mainly be using LiNK... go for Freeboot, the mainstream kernel

The reason why I want it is to use the xbmovie function.

I know, a capture card is much more effective.

The reason why I want it is to use the xbmovie function.

I know, a capture card is much more effective.

XBDM, ever heard of it?

• Like 1

Sure, but as I know xbmovie only works with DevKits or RGLoader Kernel consoles in combination with the SDK/XBDM

XBDM is a plugin from a dev kit, which is what the computer communicates with when trying to use features such as XBMovie, and Xbox Neighborhood. Alot of RPC plugins require this plugin also, as they use some of the dev features to swap out variable values in the ram. So if you install freeboot, and add xbdm plugin to your dashlaunch settings you will be able to use the XBMovie app on the computer. RGLoader/DevKit is not required for this. IF you were actually making an app, such as FSD or Aurora, then RGLoader would be helpfull, as you can monitor variable values in real time on the xbox. The Dev kit comes in really handy for debugging new apps, but for the end user(You) it will do nothing, except for make your life more difficult.

• Like 1

I just tried it, this was the result:

4xvcap32.png

I entered the name which was shown in the SDK ("Jtag") and also choose the quality and clicked on Start Recording.

The console's IP is 192.168.2.100 by the way, it is under the CMD window.

The program I used is called xbmoviegui. It is just making it easier to use xbmovie.

EDIT: Let me get one thing clear. With Freeboot you mean a Xell nand, dont you?

So it is something different than an Xebuild image?

And is it compatible with dashlaunch 3.12? I never had any experiences with Freeboot images.

With XeBuild you can build Freeboot Images and of course Dashlaunch is made to run in Freeboot Images.

• Like 1

The image I am using after creating it with xeBuild is called "Freeboot (RGH 1.x)", which seems to not be compatible with xbmovie.

Icant give a source, but I think I read somewhere that only RGLoader Kernel users and Devkit users can use xbmovie.

You can use XBMovie only on DevKits, or RGH Units with RGLoader, yes that's true so. You have to decide what is important for you (RGLoader, or Freeboot)

• Like 1

Dashlaunch is unfortunately not compatible with RGLoader. It works only with retail Images. If you take a look in the Dashlaunch release TXT, you can find the list, of supported Image versions.

Supported Versions================================================================================    at time of this writing, this is ONLY compatible with RETAIL kernel versions:	 9199, 12611, 12625, 13146, 13599, 13604, 14699, 14717, 14719, 15574, 16197, 16202, 16203,    16537, 16547, 16747	13599 is the first glitch version supported (embedded patches)	14717 is the first glitch2 version supported (embedded patches)
  • Like 1

But I dont necessarily need dashlaunch for playing on LiNK, do I?

The pingpatch for example is automatically enabled in RGL.

It is simple, download XBDM.xex, copy it to hdd, add line such as plugin1=hdd:\xbdm.xex to launch.ini. Build 16747 xebuild Image(Freeboot), flash that to nand. Run Xbmovie on computer, and point it at the xbox's ip address. Link will load like it normally does, and you can now use XDK apps with your xbox, and run link. NO RGLoader needed. As for link not working with RGLoader, it requires dashlaunch to propperly load the Freestyle Plugin, as it was designed to run on Freeboot images, as most end users will never need a devkit nand image. Back in the day TX were producing Fusion, which was like RGLoader, but had a bunch of features for gamers and developers. It was really nice, but they dropped the project because of lack of interest.

• Like 1

This is the exact thing I did. I have xbdm.xex set up as plugin in DL 3.12 and I am using a "Freeboot (RGH 1.x)" image made with xebuild (Kernel 16747). I also did it the normal way with the cmd window, it still says "Unable to connect to the runtime on target machine Jtag" (Jtag is the shown name in Xbox Neighborhood). Also tried the IP address once instead of "Jtag", but it isn't working.

Here for example a user who says that you can just take screenshots with an xebuild image:

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/jtag-rgh-screen-recording-program.689037/

Cant say how trustful this is though.

Could maybe somebody who has the SDK try to use xbmovie with a Freeboot NAND?
As it didn't work for me, maybe it works only with RGLoader and DevKits, but it could still be better if there is another one who tries it.

Soooo.... after a long time I am still interested in getting this done.

gavin_darkglider for example says, it works without RGLoader. I tried it sooo many times, but it just does not work. Is there nobody who did it once, who can "prove" that this works without RGLoader?