RealModScene
Flaminek

Far Cry 4 NTSC U Dirty Disc Error like Watchdogs

I don't know for sure but I have read that people trying to play Far Cry 4 as XEX or GOD get that Dirty Disc Error similar to Watchdogs where the only way to be able to play it way manipulation of the XEX files. I am waiting for PAL version before I see for myself.

Goes something like this-

1.extract fc4 as xex

2.copy all the files inside the installation1 folder and paste them to the root of the game overwriting any duplicate files.

3.delete default.xex

4.rename game.xex to default.xex

then no dirty disc error.

Can anyone else confirm?

• Like 2

DIRTY DISC ERROR FIX ALL JTAG/RGH USERS PLEASE READ-

This is the only way for JTAG/RGH users to get this game to work. This game needs xex file manipulation to get it working -

Playing disc 2 as a god or xex and your get dirty disc error.

1) Extract Far Cry 4 (xex format) to a folder called Far Cry 4

2) Copy the contents of installation1 (not the folder but the files/folders within) to the root of disc

3) Delete the default.xex

4) Rename the game.xex to default.xex

5) If you already installed the data before discovering the dirty disc problem then you can track down the data to delete here-
Hdd1\Content\0000000000000000\555308CA\

Folder should look as such. (You can delete the non english sound files if you don't need them)

QYBc8A9S.jpeg

thanks for the tutorail.i have followed your steps but i got stuck at loading screen.btw i installed the game before doing this but i deleted the installation of far cry 4 after that i coped the installation1 folder content to the disc folder hdd1\games\far cry 4 and i have also deleted language files other then english.please help.sorry for bad english.TIA

thanks for the tutorail.i have followed your steps but i got stuck at loading screen.btw i installed the game before doing this but i deleted the installation of far cry 4 after that i coped the installation1 folder content to the disc folder hdd1\games\far cry 4 and i have also deleted language files other then english.please help.sorry for bad english.TIA

did you also delete default.xex and rename game.xex to default.xex? check out file sizes and and match them to my jpeg in op.

hi, I have the same issue but I could not open the jpg could you be so nice to share the contents of it with me

DIRTY DISC ERROR FIX ALL JTAG/RGH USERS PLEASE READ-

This is the only way for JTAG/RGH users to get this game to work. This game needs xex file manipulation to get it working -

Playing disc 2 as a god or xex and your get dirty disc error.

1) Extract Far Cry 4 (xex format) to a folder called Far Cry 4

2) Copy the contents of installation1 (not the folder but the files/folders within) to the root of disc

3) Delete the default.xex

4) Rename the game.xex to default.xex

5) If you already installed the data before discovering the dirty disc problem then you can track down the data to delete here-

Hdd1\Content\0000000000000000\555308CA\

Folder should look as such. (You can delete the non english sound files if you don't need them)QYBc8A9S.jpeg

Could you please help me too? I cant see the jpeg you attached. I tried so many ways and still couldnt. Plz help. Pllllllz.

• Like 1

Thanks Flaminek

Works fine....

But there is one point though. There is no folder 555308CA in Hdd1\Content\0000000000000000

The game is working fine till now..

:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

HI,

I have attached the folder structure and elements for FARCRY4. I have renamed original default .xex to HELLO.xex and game.xex to default.xex

The game is working well

Enjoypost-18382-0-29624200-1417080275_thumb.png

• Like 1

But there is one point though. There is no folder 555308CA in Hdd1\Content\0000000000000000

That's normal, just create it ;)

god don't work only xex works just like watchdogs.

i included the location of the hd content as some people might have installed this from disc and so won't need the internal hd content as there playing from manipulated xex files.

also i noticed the 300 MB TU1 from XBUC causes my game to crash so have delted it.i have other small dlc's (56KB ect) but not sure these work without TU1 but probably they do.

hhmmm if you followed my tut exactly it should work. you mean it just hangs on laoding screen?you renamed game.xex to default.xex right?

Hi I have that issue with the loading screen that is hanging and I did follow the tutorial all the way. And I renamed the game.xex to default and deleted the old default.xex.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hello, I am having same issue as most people on here, stuck on loading screen. 

I renamed the game.xex to default.xex and deleted the old default.xex. 

Also when I go to my File Manager there was not any folder for  of installation so I created this folder under content >> \0000000000000000\555308CA\

I also tried playing it from XeXmenu 1.2 but same results. 

But nothing seems to loading yet. Any help will be good. 

Thanks,

**** Update I removed everything tried once again now I am getting dirty disk error. Can someone please help! *****

• Like 1

this game only works by xex file manipulation.

i see some of your screenshots are wrong.some of you have included the installation folder and that is wrong. you need the files folders within the installation folder to be moved to the root of your far cry 4 folder and game.xex renamed to default.xex.

if you installed data to content folder on jtag then delete it as it's not needed as all the video files and sound files are now all in 1 place (far cry 4 folder).

I have made a BAT file which will create a ISO file from your extracted xex, which you can then convert to a GOD container (included are instructions and jpeg),

https://copy.com/ne3tMIKxSXYKzlkr

ulwf2muz.jpeg

My game runs normal and is just a folder , but I have problem with TU6 of Far Cry 4 , already tried modifying the default.xex with TU6 but failed. Someone has a default.xex of Far Cry 4 has modified the TU6 ?

alright guys. stuckk on loading screen. solved the dirty disc error. changed the game.xex , even tried changing the default.xex to HELLO.xex . still stuck on loading screen . the install files are in the root of game folder but i still have the install holder . just copied them .. help please

alright guys. stuckk on loading screen. solved the dirty disc error. changed the game.xex , even tried changing the default.xex to HELLO.xex . still stuck on loading screen . the install files are in the root of game folder but i still have the install holder . just copied them .. help please

Instructions were pretty clear on post #3, pay close attention to step #5.

I've also read that you should delete the installation folder after moving the files to the root of the game folder.

IDK about HELLO.xex, I would just stick with game.xex. But honestly mine works fine with default.xex and game.xex right next to it.