RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
dustyplayer

F3.04 Internet connection issues.

Disclaimer: I have read though this forum, and the tutorials section looking for someone with a similar problem. So far I haven't found anything. But I apologize if this issue has been addressed somewhere else.

Okay, so first of all, here's my setup:

• Kernel 16197, built using xeBuild GUI 2.086
  • Dashlaunch 3.04
  • Freestyle Dash 3.04
http://i.imgur.com/5Qf3A.png

The problem:

Even though I have it connected to a wired internet connection, it won't download cover art, or title updates. When I enter my zip code in the weather search, it just sits there.

It has an IP address, and as you can see in the bottom of the picture I've linked above, I'm able to use that IP address to connect to the webUI. But then it has the "Status : HTTP : 117 items left (0.00kBps)" thing going one.

I've tried resetting my router, and I've tried actually going into my router's webUI and setting the Xbox outside the DMZ. Is there something painfully simple I'm overlooking? Or am I in trouble here.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

*Edit*

Livestong is disabled.

silly question but is livestrong on or which ever it is that locks even the simple access to live?

Bah, sorry. I meant to include that in my OP. No, Livestock is disabled.

I have the same problem and still no solution, did you find something to work around that?

i have the same problem ...

i tested my network wired and wireless (with and without security ) and i can seem to get internet .... i tested network -ok but internet -fail

can anyone help

ok103

I have a similar issue that I posted here:

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/484-issues-im-having/

Something you should try; go into the Metro dash (Hold RB while booting) and check that you can connect to the network. For me, it seems like the network is in some kind of sleep mode until you wake it up with a test to your PC. Just doing the test, whether you connect to a PC or not, seems to fix the network. Just wierd you gotta do that every time you boot up. I willing to bet its a minor bug (harder to find than a major bug) because not a lot of people seem to be having this problem.

i have the same problem ...

i tested my network wired and wireless (with and without security ) and i can seem to get internet .... i tested network -ok but internet -fail

can anyone help

ok103

That's what it does for me, too. It's annoying.