RealModScene
JPizzle

How To Set Up F3 and LiNK

OK allmost have it up and running, but when i try to pick a server on borderlands 2 my xbox crashes and it shutdown.

I'm running the latest beta update and have downloaded the latest TU.

Anyone?

fixed:

didn't know that you can't change server while searching for a game..... ;-)

still new to this side of the scene.

Hey, provide more info. What doesn't work? You cant see hosted sessions, lobby, rooms or what?

I can se rooms, and people in them, but i cant join...it just pops up "unable to join game session"...i can start my own games thou... but the weirdest of it all is that i randomly entered some port numbers "that i havn't done the port forwarding thing with...and then i can play for like, 20-30 minutes until the connection gets messed up!

for example: i did port forwarding on 3071 and 3072, and it passes, but still doesn't work. I can see the rooms and games, but when i join- "unable to join session"

i get desperate and randomly enters 1991 and 1992 and it works, like i said only for about half an hour, but it works really smooth with no trouble at all, loads up faster then before and doesn't get any wierd messages... sry if my english sucks! hope you understood, if not, i'll try to be clearer in a new post! really appreciate all the help i get!

Hey...

I have the same problem...

Evertime i join a game "Fatal Error" and the xbox restarts.

How can i fix this? How can i perform an avatar update?

I have bought this xbox from store incl. jtag.

Does sb know why the BO2 tu's don't work? I can choose whatever tu I want and Link keeps saying that I'm on tu 0 and there are newer tu's available.

Does sb know why the BO2 tu's don't work? I can choose whatever tu I want and Link keeps saying that I'm on tu 0 and there are newer tu's available.

Delete all TU's for BO2 in TU Manager, delete all TU's in Cache folder and then reboot the xbox. ReDownload TU's through TU Manager and enable the TU you want. I have explained this process five or six times already.... I really wish people would look for the answers they seek rather then just posting them.

I'm one of the few that gets the "Unable to join host" error when trying to join a game.

I'm not going to ask for "help" per se as I can see there's a lot on this topic (and have tried everything I have read).

With that being said, does anyone here use a Apple Airport Extreme? Express? Time Capsule as their router? On the testing I can get the ports to pass (have tried multiple ports for the sake of testing). The one glaring difference is the "UPNP router" test fails. Which, from what I've read, shouldn't matter since the ports pass (as well as my link authentication).

Anyone else use an Apple "router" and get it to work?

I passed all tests. I have latest TU, but I still don't see any hosted games in Cod BO2.

I tried deleting and redownloading/enabling the TU5 (currently latest).

What should I do?

Later edit: I can see hosts now. (the hungarian hosts only)

I'm one of the few that gets the "Unable to join host" error when trying to join a game.

I'm not going to ask for "help" per se as I can see there's a lot on this topic (and have tried everything I have read).

With that being said, does anyone here use a Apple Airport Extreme? Express? Time Capsule as their router? On the testing I can get the ports to pass (have tried multiple ports for the sake of testing). The one glaring difference is the "UPNP router" test fails. Which, from what I've read, shouldn't matter since the ports pass (as well as my link authentication).

Anyone else use an Apple "router" and get it to work?

here are my settings for my airport extreme, I added them with the iphone app, and of coarse when the router updated, it game my xbox a new IP address, so I had to edit the entry.

http://imgur.com/5bYExD5

also, I unchecked the "UPNP" on the xbox then ran the test, then enjoyed a game of CoD :p

hi guys

im very noob with this port forwarding thing.

i attached my port forwarding setup image took from my router.

post-5848-0-96832300-1360273479_thumb.jpg

is this the right way to do port forward on my router? i keep getting fail both tcp/udp test.

local ip address is my xbox ip.

im using aztech DSL5005EN router.

thanks.

First I want to thank the Devs for F3 and LINK. Awesome work.

In the tut we were told to revert to the default skin or else F3 would freeze up. After successfully Installing the LINK update, is it safe to use custom skins again? A search of this topic returned zero results for an answer.

Thanks JP, appreciated.

Starting to get into my FSD more now, learning. Pretty nice site at JQE360 also. Might just have to throw some cash your way.

Thought I'd read in this thread that after updating to F3 and LINK there was a minor issue with lag while scrolling through your games in the Xbox 360 Games tab. I experienced it under the default skin. After scrolling quickly thru 15 or so games, lag would hit. Not much, but noticeable. I just installed a custom skin, http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/774-f3-rev483-the-dream-theme-v2-skin/ and the lag issue has disappeared. Could it be that the default skin was causing the lag? Or is it just coincidence?

it is the weather widget that caused the LAG, disable the weather and the lag is gone.

I'm one of the few that gets the "Unable to join host" error when trying to join a game. I'm not going to ask for "help" per se as I can see there's a lot on this topic (and have tried everything I have read). With that being said, does anyone here use a Apple Airport Extreme? Express? Time Capsule as their router? On the testing I can get the ports to pass (have tried multiple ports for the sake of testing). The one glaring difference is the "UPNP router" test fails. Which, from what I've read, shouldn't matter since the ports pass (as well as my link authentication). Anyone else use an Apple "router" and get it to work? here are my settings for my airport extreme, I added them with the iphone app, and of coarse when the router updated, it game my xbox a new IP address, so I had to edit the entry. http://imgur.com/5bYExD5 also, I unchecked the "UPNP" on the xbox then ran the test, then enjoyed a game of CoD :p

Thanks! That actually worked!I had originally open ports 3071 - 3074 (typed just like that) I changed it to 3072, 3071 (just like in your photo) and flipped the transmission and receive ports around on the Xbox.Worked like a charm, thanks again!

Finally got pass on everything (including ports lol) now when I go into any game it lets me join lobby and my game tag appears in there I go back to game and can find nothing to join? For instance Borderlands 2 I go to a lobby join it yellow pad appears then go into game room and my name is there come out and go to find games and it can't find anything. Black ops same thing. I am using correct tu's as well. 

I am so close please can someone just help with this last frustrating bit? thanks

make sure you are on the latest TU, there are other people in the room with you and if you still cant see a game to join try hosting one.

NOTE: sometimes it takes a bit for the game to show up so for best results join the LiNK Room and wait a bit and then go back to game and search for a systemlink lobby.

Thanks JPizzle. Finally got it all working. I can now link with all games but black ops 2. Also black ops 1 I have to host the game and can't join or see any but people can join me? It would be good if on JQE you could not only see who and what games are running but what tu they are using because you wouldn't have to load the game, go to lobby then see what is running. Just a thought. Off topic can you make a room and make it private for games like FIFA?

Great work with this though!

post-4852-13622595141717_thumb.jpgThis is what i get. Still i can't play black ops 2! Doe's anyone have any idea why? Please help me, i'm about to loose my freakin mind!
  • Like 1

yes iagree with you to make video tutriol

Because it so hard

i try hundred times and it says fail

i enabled my UPNP router it says UPNP enabled not found & try a lot of ports says pass or fail

& the JQE360 says fail Although I've logged

but in JQE360 option say Succeesfully sometimes

im haveing this problem as well

Hi guys,

thanks for this awesome freestyle and link.

Im having a slight problem with my TU though...

Problem is when I choose download TU I get some results depending on the game, I upload the TU and put it as active and join the game in question.

Problem one is that in link game lobby it either says that my TU is 0 ?? or in some cases that there are newer TU:s but I'm not able to get them??

Whats wrong and how do I fix it?

Has someone solved the 'can't join session' problem?

I'm trying to change ports anytime as suggested in some previous posts and with all tests passed i never can join a session in CoD BO2.

Has someone solved the 'can't join session' problem?

I'm trying to change ports anytime as suggested in some previous posts and with all tests passed i never can join a session in CoD BO2.

you have avatar data installed ?