RealModScene
JPizzle

How To Set Up F3 and LiNK

Try hosting a game, see if others can join you... if so, it's a connection problem... maybe your connection is too slow with the replies?

i cant see it being the connection too slow, i have 100meg dl and about 15 meg upload. my ports a both set at 3072 and pass but the default ports are 3072/3071 but this fails, i can see the games in the lobbies but it always says unable to join.

i cant see it being the connection too slow, i have 100meg dl and about 15 meg upload. my ports a both set at 3072 and pass but the default ports are 3072/3071 but this fails, i can see the games in the lobbies but it always says unable to join.

I never said the connection itself is slow, ever done a speedtest? they measure both your up/down link speed, AND your response time (##ms) the response time is more important then the actual speed in this case... either way, if you can host a game and ppl can join, it's because of response times...

well i just hosted a bo2 game and let it run for 5 mins and no one joined, maybe not that many on, my connection showed full green bars though when i checked the lobby!

well i just hosted a bo2 game and let it run for 5 mins and no one joined, maybe not that many on, my connection showed full green bars though when i checked the lobby!

Can you pop on to IRC? i'll help you test it if you want, but it requires that we can communicate directly rather then using the forum...

Can you pop on to IRC? i'll help you test it if you want, but it requires that we can communicate directly rather then using the forum...

just signed in pal

Hi everyone, is this guide still up to date? I noticed that there's a new dashboard "Aurora" but my FS3 is still working perfectly, when I install new games "game covers" are still downloaded so I dont see any reason to update yet to a diff dashboard.

But when I tried opening LiNK I cant seem to see the Link Options in the Xbox Button menu (this is while still in the FS3 Dashboard).

Last time I played online via LiNK is back in 2013. Were there any updates I  missed / have to do? The guide was made in 2012 and I'm not sure if it has been updated since.

Thanks in advance

Hi everyone, is this guide still up to date? I noticed that there's a new dashboard "Aurora" but my FS3 is still working perfectly, when I install new games "game covers" are still downloaded so I dont see any reason to update yet to a diff dashboard.

But when I tried opening LiNK I cant seem to see the Link Options in the Xbox Button menu (this is while still in the FS3 Dashboard).

Last time I played online via LiNK is back in 2013. Were there any updates I  missed / have to do? The guide was made in 2012 and I'm not sure if it has been updated since.

Thanks in advance

This guide is still correct, you have to get the latest F3 (r775) and register an account over @ http://xboxunity.net instead of on jqe360.com, however... if you had an account before on JQE360 it's been migrated, you might need to reset your password tho (try signing in using the site, if your password don't work, reset it)

I  have done every thing my jqe360 account have also passed then  i join a room in Advanced warfare but can't join a game in join game lobby option help plz 

hi.

My problem is UNACTIVE 'System link' in menu of Guide button. ewverything else is active and work normal,

Can you give me some advices how to fix it?

FSD was dowloaded from here http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/2090-f3-rev-775/

NAND ver. 17150

There are a number of reasons for that, what game are you playing? (are you even in a game when you try to use this menu?) do you have LiNK enabled? do you have your console linked with xboxunity?

There are a number of reasons for that, what game are you playing? (are you even in a game when you try to use this menu?) do you have LiNK enabled? do you have your console linked with xboxunity?

i tried in battlrfield4, pes15, hitman absolution with the latest TU. Brobably i've run wrong games.

thank you

• Like 1

i tried in battlrfield4, pes15, hitman absolution with the latest TU. Brobably i've run wrong games.

thank you

Yeah, those are not LiNK Compatible (they don't have System Link Support)

I still cant play link I have all the settings right and when I am in a game I press the home button link is gray it doesn't let me press it . HELP PLEASE

I still cant play link I have all the settings right and when I am in a game I press the home button link is gray it doesn't let me press it . HELP PLEASE

What game are you trying to play? are you even in a game when you try it?

What game are you trying to play? are you even in a game when you try it?

I keep on trying but it still Dosent let me :(

Hi there I have a problem with both ports fail, router upnp not found.  I have updated to newest fsd rev 775 from here, I had to install it manually from usb stick, just replaced the files in fsd folder, it said something like do you want to overite this crap.  For some reason I wasn't receiving automatic updates even though I clicked receive beta updates on startup.  I am running dashlaunch 3.07 kernel 16203.  I have a Huawei hg603b router wired to my xbox manual ip address, I have set the ports in my router  going to Nat, port mapping TCP/UDP for 3071 and 3072 with my static xbox ip address and have enable upnp.  I get dev link, ping patch and jqe360 pass but fail on ports.  System link is not grayd out and I can join a lobby but that is as far as I can get.  I have read through a few tutorials but I can't see what I am doing wrong can you please help me thank you.

Hi there I have a problem with both ports fail, router upnp not found.  I have updated to newest fsd rev 775 from here, I had to install it manually from usb stick, just replaced the files in fsd folder, it said something like do you want to overite this crap.  For some reason I wasn't receiving automatic updates even though I clicked receive beta updates on startup.  I am running dashlaunch 3.07 kernel 16203.  I have a Huawei hg603b router wired to my xbox manual ip address, I have set the ports in my router  going to Nat, port mapping TCP/UDP for 3071 and 3072 with my static xbox ip address and have enable upnp.  I get dev link, ping patch and jqe360 pass but fail on ports.  System link is not grayd out and I can join a lobby but that is as far as I can get.  I have read through a few tutorials but I can't see what I am doing wrong can you please help me thank you.

FSD updates no longer work, Aurora however works...

The likely culprit is your connection or the router itself, what type of connection do you have?

Hi there, thanks for your reply.  My connection is ADSL,  Spark is my internet supplier and I live in New Zealand which has one of the worst internet connections in the world so it wouldn't surprise me.  Do you think I should contact my internet provider Spark or is there anything else I should try before that thanks for your time

I would suggest contacting your ISP, after all, you pay them for a service that clearly isn't working fully ;)

Hey everyone, i don't wanna sound like an idiot or maybe i would sound like one but anyways: i don't have a router and I'm on a 3G connection using either USB modem or mobile tethering, and i get my xbox connected using ad-hoc internet sharing through my laptop to get the covers, title updates and other dashboard updates... When i verify LiNK connection it fail on three things of course, UPnP enabled router not found, and two ports fail.

My question is that is there any possible way to get connected to LiNK without a router?

And one of my friends mentioned something about wireless hotspot he got, are such devices capable of port forwarding and UPnP?

Any type of help, advice and info are appreciated.

Hey everyone, i don't wanna sound like an idiot or maybe i would sound like one but anyways: i don't have a router and I'm on a 3G connection using either USB modem or mobile tethering, and i get my xbox connected using ad-hoc internet sharing through my laptop to get the covers, title updates and other dashboard updates... When i verify LiNK connection it fail on three things of course, UPnP enabled router not found, and two ports fail.

My question is that is there any possible way to get connected to LiNK without a router?

And one of my friends mentioned something about wireless hotspot he got, are such devices capable of port forwarding and UPnP?

Any type of help, advice and info are appreciated.

You need a better connection, 3G/4G/Any mobile network isn't suitable for online gaming, and it doesn't work with LiNK either...

Can you tell me the minimum connection speed I need for LiNK? And do i have to purchase a router too? Hmmm connection like dsl will do?

Sorry for too many questions but i love this LiNK thing. [emoji13]

Can you tell me the minimum connection speed I need for LiNK? And do i have to purchase a router too? Hmmm connection like dsl will do?

Sorry for too many questions but i love this LiNK thing. [emoji13]

It's hard to say the minimum speed, but the faster the better, it mostly depends on the games you're going to play, but atleast 10Mbit/s

And yes, DSL should work...