RealModScene
JPizzle

How To Set Up F3 and LiNK

Setting Up F3 and LiNK

*** Before updating F3 make sure you go back to the default skin or F3 will freeze after it updates *** *** Delete all custom skins ***

First thing we need to do is download and install the latest version of F3, if you already have F3 installed then you can update directly through F3 using our built in updater in the settings menu. When using the auto updater the updates will download and install. The installer will then ask you to press any key to reboot F3, instead power off your console completely and power back up.

post-2-0-70975400-1353827205_thumb.png

For those of you that are new I would suggest downloading the Installer.iso and using that to download and install F3 for you just be sure to use the download latest version feature.

Go to the settings screen and then go to General Settings, JQE360.com and enter your jqe360.com account info. Be sure to press the Link Console to JQE360 button when done.

post-2-0-34010700-1353827927_thumb.png

Back out to the original settings screen again and now go to Plugin Settings, F3Plugin. Set Enable LiNK to always on, enable UPNP for port mapping and set your data and broadcast ports to whatever ports you would like to use. Click the Test button.

post-2-0-19504000-1353828267_thumb.png post-2-0-48637500-1353828388_thumb.png

If all went well you will get a pass on everything like I did in the picture above, if you have failed any part of this test LiNK will not work until you have corrected this problem. If your data or broadcast ports failed then you will need to login to your router and set it to forward those ports directly to your Xbox's internal IP. If you failed on jqe360 Auth then make sure the login info you gave F3 earlier is correct. This test button is not 100% accurate and may give you a false fail, this is still in beta.

Once you have passed the test you are ready to play on LiNK but before you do MAKE SURE you have DISABLED DevLink AND ENABLED PINGPATCH in dashlaunch !!!

Also be sure you have the Avatar/Kinect data installed for your dashboard version !!!

Once you have F3 and LiNK running on your xbox you will need to add your game paths, this is done by navigating to the setup menu and then entering the settings tab, go to Content Settings and then Manage game paths.

post-2-0-22015300-1353827458_thumb.png

Add you paths and be sure to let F3 download all your art for you before continuing... this may take some time.

Playing on LiNK

Now that your all setup we can get to the fun part, lets LiNK Up. Go to your games list and highlight the game you would like to play with others. Press Y for game options and then go to Manage Title Updates

post-2-0-17268000-1353829101_thumb.png

Press Y to download updates and it will begin to download all available TU's for that game, once done select the TU you would like to use (usually the most recent one) and set it to active. The X in the xbox logo should be green

post-2-0-37717600-1353829264_thumb.png

Now load your game.

Press the Guide button (xbox logo) on your controller to bring up the mini menu, you will notice that it looks a little different now. Go to System Link. This is the LiNK HUD and it is how you will navigate the LiNK Network. It has 3 main sections Current Room, Lobby and settings.

post-2-0-45436300-1353830375_thumb.pngpost-2-0-41681800-1353830396_thumb.pngpost-2-0-21502000-1353830408_thumb.png

Lobby - the Lobby shows the available rooms for the game you are currently in, enter a room with A and your xbox will now be able to see others in the same room

Current Room - this will show you all the other players that are currently in the same room as you and playing the same game on LiNK

Settings - will show your System Link network information and your user information

Go to Lobby and select a room you would like to enter, go to current room and you will see all the other members that are currently playing in that room. Go back to your game and find the MultiPlayer/systemlink menu. Now you can either Join a game that someone else in the room has already created or start your own that others will be able to join. *** IMPORTANT *** remember that everyone needs to be on the same TU version or they will not be able to connect.

Alternatively, you may use http://link.jqe360.com to navigate to your desired room, as well as create private rooms and search for online users.

If you have more then one console that you would like to use with LiNK at the same time each console will need it's own jqe360.com account.

I have a bug,

I set up everything perfectly, all tests passed (ports and JQE360 account)

I loaded Black OPs II, joined a room, But every time I try to load the multiplayer game, it says "Fatal Crash Intercepted"

I've had this error before on some games, but it happens rarely.

I have a bug,

I set up everything perfectly, all tests passed (ports and JQE360 account)

I loaded Black OPs II, joined a room, But every time I try to load the multiplayer game, it says "Fatal Crash Intercepted"

I've had this error before on some games, but it happens rarely.

That is your GOD game failing so something is wrong in your files.

falid : help :.::::: frestyle 3 crashed, what would you like to do?

and option:

Restart F3

Go back to NXE

Try to continue...

helppppppppppppppppppppp

having trouble getting the ports to pass. i run my xbox through a shared internet connection with my mac, can this be a problem? any help appreciated.

having trouble getting the ports to pass. i run my xbox through a shared internet connection with my mac, can this be a problem? any help appreciated.

Go to your router page, and port forward any two random ports such as 3078 and 5043. Then put 3078 in the broadcast and 5043 in the data. Make sure that you put the ip of your xbox in the port forward box.

------

To find your router page, go to the command prompt and type in "cmd". Then next to default gateway it should be something like 192.168.1.1 or something like that. Then you would go to your internet browser and type in 192.168.1.1 into the adress bar. If it asks for a user and password put in User: admin ; Pass: admin Then look around and find your port range forward settings.

For all of those saying it crashed, whenever it asks to reset fsd, return to nxe, or update later; EVERY SINGLE TIME, don't press any button just manually press the power button on your xbox, wait for it to turn off all the way, and then turn it back on.

• Like 1

bugger cant rember my jqe login info and cant connect to covers to try figure it out ill be waiting to try this :(

edit : Managed to login in to jqe with the link in jp's post cheer bro :)

• Like 1

get the update when given the 3 options turn off your console then turn it back on it will ask if you want to update press y to update when its finished and asks you to reboot power off console again turn it back on it will load the installer again choose the option to not install and it will load the updated fsd well thats what i done and its working

• Like 1

yah same here, F3 crashed!

Restart F3

Go back to NXE

Try to continue...

HELP...

SHUT DOWN THE XBOX ! instead of restarting, hit the power button,

I'm NOT seeing 'F3 Plugin' in settings.... What could I be doing wrong?

are you using the latest FSD? with the lastest default skin?

i have not installed any skins, just downloaded TU for games and lot of my personal saved games and covers. So my question is if i update FS3 from inbuilt updater, later power down and reboot xbox, will it cause any crashes and what all will be wiped? I really need my saved games and games stored on HDD! Thx

and the latest data i can give:

i can eneter the lobby, but when trying to join/create a game, i couldnt see anybody on the list.

so i deleted all the TU's (title updates) from fsd, redownload ,. activate the latest, retry, and now it's working!