RealModScene
JPizzle

How To Set Up F3 and LiNK

download it from the release thread and copy the files over your existing F3 install while NOT in F3.

Thanks for the quick reply JPizzle, so I must extract the archive and then copy the contents to my external hdd that I connected to my PC?

Thanks for the quick reply JPizzle, so I must extract the archive and then copy the contents to my external hdd that I connected to my PC?

yes, overwrite your existing F3 install.

Setting Up F3 and LiNK

*** Before updating F3 make sure you go back to the default skin or F3 will freeze after it updates *** *** Delete all custom skins ***

First thing we need to do is download and install the latest version of F3, if you already have F3 installed then you can update directly through F3 using our built in updater in the settings menu. When using the auto updater the updates will download and install. The installer will then ask you to press any key to reboot F3, instead power off your console completely and power back up.  OK I DID IT 

Go to the settings screen and then go to General Settings, JQE360.com and enter your jqe360.com account info. Be sure to press the Link Console to JQE360 button when done. OK I DID IT

Back out to the original settings screen again and now go to Plugin Settings, F3Plugin. Set Enable LiNK to always on, enable UPNP for port mapping and set your data and broadcast ports to whatever ports you would like to use. Click the Test button. OK I DID IT

IIf your data or broadcast ports failed then you will need to login to your router and set it to forward those ports directly to your Xbox's internal IP. OK I DID IT

This test button is not 100% accurate and may give you a false fail, this is still in beta. IT GAVE ME FAILS  ,I TRIED TO JOIN A GAME BUT I CAN'T CONNECT

Once you have passed the test you are ready to play on LiNK but before you do MAKE SURE you have DISABLED DevLink AND ENABLED PINGPATCH in dashlaunch !!! OK I DID IT (IN SOME POSTS I 'VE READ THAT THEY SET THEIR DEVLINK ENABLED ...IT IS NOT WHTA THE TUTORIAL OF THIS THREAD TELL YOU TO DO AS YOU SEE)

Also be sure you have the Avatar/Kinect data installed for your dashboard version !!! OK I DID IT

Go to Lobby and select a room you would like to enter, go to current room and you will see all the other members that are currently playing in that room. Go back to your game and find the MultiPlayer/systemlink menu. Now you can either Join a game that someone else in the room has already created or start your own that others will be able to join. *** IMPORTANT *** remember that everyone needs to be on the same TU version or they will not be able to connect. OK I DID ALL THESE 

I HAVE A THOMPSON TG585 v7 ROUTER WITH THIS SET UP:

1) UPnP ENABLED:

Game & Application Sharing Posted Image UPnP: Enabled Posted Image

2)FIREWALL DISABLED:

Firewall

Posted Image

Security Level: Disabled

3)STATIC IP TO MY XBOX

xbox360  

Posted ImageInformation

Posted Image Status: Active Posted Image Type: Gaming Console Posted Image Connected To: ethport2 (Ethernet)

Posted ImageAddressing

Posted Image Physical Address: 00:22:48:6b:f0:12 Posted Image IP Address Assignment: DHCP Posted Image IP Address: 192.168.1.70 Posted Image Always use the same address: Yes Posted Image DHCP Lease Time: 48 days, 19:48:25

4)PORT FORWARD TO MY XBOX:

Assigned Games & Applications

Posted ImagePosted Image Game or Application Device Log   Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageJtag online broadcast port  xbox360 Off Edit Unassign Posted ImagePosted ImageJtag online data port xbox360 Off Edit Unassign Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

WITH THESE SETTINGS 

Jtag online broadcast port tcp  

Posted ImageGame or Application Definition

A game or application is made of one or more TCP/UDP port ranges. Each incoming port range can be translated into a different internal (local network) port range. Port ranges can be statically assigned to devices or dynamically assigned using an outgoing trigger.

Posted ImagePosted Image Protocol Port Range Translate To ... Trigger Protocol Trigger Port   Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image TCP 3072 - 3072 3072 - 3072 - - Posted ImagePosted Image UDP 3072 - 3072 3072 - 3072 - - Posted ImagePosted Image

Jtag online data port  

Posted ImageGame or Application Definition

A game or application is made of one or more TCP/UDP port ranges. Each incoming port range can be translated into a different internal (local network) port range. Port ranges can be statically assigned to devices or dynamically assigned using an outgoing trigger.

Posted ImagePosted Image Protocol Port Range Translate To ... Trigger Protocol Trigger Port   Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image TCP 3071 - 3071 3071 - 3071 - - Posted ImagePosted Image UDP 3071 - 3071 3071 - 3071 - - Posted ImagePosted Image

****I VE TRIED IT WITH FOUR TOO (TWO TCP & TWO UDP SEPERADELY)****

AND THESE ARE THE MOST COMMON RESULTS I GET :

UPnP  router NOT found (MYPS3 FOUND IT :sorcerer: ) 

Data Port Status: Port:3072 TCP:Fail UDP:Fail

Brodcast Port Satus: Port:3071 TCP:Fail UDP:Fail

Jqe360 authentication: OK

I MUST SAY ALSO THAT I HAVE  2.016203.0 KERNEL (IN WHICH THE LATEST DASHLUNCH CANNOT BE INSTALLED) ,THE AVATARS FOR THAT KERNEL  , THE LATEST F3 AND THE DASHLAUNCH V3.02 (459) 

I CAN GET IN THE ROOMS  , I CAN SEE GAMES BUT I CAN'T NEVER CONNECT ...I DID IT ALL BY THE BOOK ...IS THERE SOMEONE HERE TO HELP ME ? 

EDIT:

I 'VE DOWNLOADED AND INSTALLED DashLaunch V3.07 (510) BUT MADE NO DIFFERENCE ...I GET THE SAME RESULTS

finally i did it !!!! :) i playning black ops 2 now in link ...how ? with all the above parametres but with a different router , a netfaster iad ...all time classic thanks 

Hi guys.

I am very new to all of this, but as it turns out my Xbox Guide is just the normal one(asking me to connect to Xbox Live), even though I've just updated to FSD3 (and downloaded latest beta updates).

I am sure I'm doing something wrong, but what? Please help!

Thanks in advance

Edit: I have no problems connecting to JQE360 or getting UPNP up and running.

Edit2: I am running 16202 with avatar/kinect updates. Been reading for hours, still no idea what i'm doing wrong :/

Edit3: I'm an idiot. Everything works.

Ok, So, I know I'm new to this forum, but I've been keeping track of all of the stuff going on in the Xbox 360 mod scene.

anyway, on to my point...

I'm having issues with LiNK, I know I'm doing everything right... And it may turn out to just be my router, but I want to pass this by everyone
to see if there is something I'm doing wrong, or if someone that was having the same issue I am, can help me fix it.

I've set up 2 accounts on jqe360.com for LiNK, I've Forwarded my ports for both consoles, and have both consoles running the same TU version.
Both consoles have avatar data installed. Below are some screenshots of the router port forwarding, and the consoles, including LiNK test, and Game setup.

When I run Halo: Reach on both consoles, I set both games to systemlink mode, and put both consoles in the same mod lobby I make on LiNK,
HOWEVER..... this is the part I don't understand, NEITHER console, reveals itself to either one. And I have tested this in a public room with people in it.
Nothing comes up in game, all that I can see is me in the games main lobby, but nothing else comes up, and I've let it sit like that for over 30 mins, and nothing happens.

Can/does anyone know how to fix this?

Screenshots:
Router:
Posted Image Posted Image

Xbox 1 (10.0.0.5):

Test:

Posted Image

LiNK:

Posted Image

Game Systemlink:

Posted Image

Game Lobby:

Posted Image

Xbox 2 (10.0.0.4):

Test:

Posted Image

LiNK:

Posted Image

Game Systemlink:

Posted Image

Search for game:

Posted Image

As you can see, I'm sure I've done everything right, If not Please let me know, and tell me what I need to do to fix it.

Much Appreciated.

Edit:

Correction, The issue seems to be with console 1 now.... Beginning to think it may be related to my hard drive or memory units, I will redo those and see what happens as I can use console 2 to play games with others just fine. Don't know.

I posted this in the wrong thread earlier but meant to post here.

Is it possible to use link without a router? Im good with guides if someone can point me in the right direction. I looked at jpizzles link from earlier on bridging connections but I don't know if that applies in this case or do i need to make an adjustment because i dont have a lan or crossover cable to bridge the pc internet connection to my xbox 360 wireless adapter. At home I have a router set up that works perfectly with link after following one of the guides posted here. I travel a lot so usually I have Internet access via hotel wifi or my sprint 4g hotspot. If using hotel Internet I can sign into the hotel terms on my PC and then in NXE use the PC MAC address via cmd to get Internet access but that only let's me download title updates. Usually when I'm on travel I have my jasper, 360 wifi antenna USB, sprint 4g hotspot, ipad, and a laptop. Do I need to bring a router or some cat5s?

MultiQuote

Edit

I followed all these steps but unfortunately when I press guide button it doesn't show the mini guide that has system link options..help

I followed all these steps but unfortunately when I press guide button it doesn't show the mini guide that has system link options..help

Sounds like an old Dashlaunch problem... try reinstalling it and check if it's compatible with your dashboard version.

Hey guys, first i must apologize for my english i'm not mother tongue.

i have a problem on Link

I have this situation

Upnp not able

Tcp & Udp port both passed

Verification JQE pass

Devlink disabled

Ping able

But when i start a game (previously updated ) system link says "plugin required to access to link"

I updeted the console yesterday....what plugin i sholud have for connect to link correctly ?

Your plugin did not update correctly, boot the console into xexmenu and then delete FreestylePlugin.xex in the Plugins folder, boot F3 and check for updates.

(Sorry for my english)

Hi,I can't register the "http://link.jqe360.com/"When i try to login givme this error "You are not approved for login"I registed 5 account but don't vork...

Did you check your e-mail forn a confirmation link?

I did step by step and everything works perfectly

Thanks.  :thumbup:  Good work.

Absolutly awesome! at first it didnt work for me.. i could not press the system link option in de mini menu..

i found out that it was the skin that was the problem. i reset the skin data and voila everything was working smootly! tested on COD BO 2 TU 10

Ok everything passes but i click on system link and nothing happens. in game or dashboard. all my tests pass and my username passes fine. whats going wrong

Same situation here

I have problem with finding host i join the game room then go system link / Join game and here are no games and if i create my own nobody join

make sure you are using default skin

just using default skin, but it's not necessary to delete the custom skin. am i right mr. admin?  :)

I have problem with finding host i join the game room then go system link / Join game and here are no games and if i create my own nobody join

make sure you are running the latest TU for the game

just using default skin, but it's not necessary to delete the custom skin. am i right mr. admin?  :)

correct

,,make sure you are running the latest TU for the game''

i'm sure that i have running latest cause i download all tu 2 time and nothink change

when you are in the game and load the systemlink menu in the HUD it will say which TU you have active, make sure it doesn't say TU0