RealModScene
JPizzle

How To Set Up F3 and LiNK

you have avatar data installed ?

Yes, it's all ok... avatar, dashboard and freeboot (16203), latest FSD (default skin), dashlaunch 3.07 (no other plugins loaded), settings as suggested in this tutorial.

TCP and UDP ports open. I have a UPNP router too.

Yes, it's all ok... avatar, dashboard and freeboot (16203), latest FSD (default skin), dashlaunch 3.07 (no other plugins loaded), settings as suggested in this tutorial.

TCP and UDP ports open. I have a UPNP router too.

Can you post your dashlaunch launch.ini for me ?

you need to manually forward your ports through your router

Can you post your dashlaunch launch.ini for me ?

Sure, here it is:

[Paths]

BUT_A =BUT_B =BUT_X =BUT_Y =Start =Back =LBump =RThumb =LThumb =Default = Hdd:FSD3.735default.xexGuide =Power =Configapp =Fakeanim =Dumpfile =[Plugins]plugin1 =plugin2 =plugin3 =plugin4 =plugin5 =[Externals]ftpserv = falseftpport = 21calaunch = falsefarenheit = false[settings]nxemini = truepingpatch = truecontpatch = falsefatalfreeze = falsefatalreboot = falsesafereboot = falseregionspoof = falseregion = 0x7fffdvdexitdash = falsexblaexitdash = falsenosysexit = falsenohud = falsenoupdater = truedebugout = trueexchandler = trueliveblock = truelivestrong = trueremotenxe = falsehddalive = falsehddtimer = 210signnotice = falseautoshut = falseautooff = falsexhttp = truetempbcast = falsetemptime = 10tempport = 7030sockpatch = falsepasslaunch = falsefakelive = falsenonetstore = trueshuttemps = falsedevprof = falsedevlink = falseautoswap = truenohealth = falsenooobe = trueautofake = false 

livestrong = true

change to

livestrong = false 

But I dont see anything there that would be cauing the issue, it must be router related.

I have a question. Whenever I press the guide button system link is greyed out. How do I set up System LiNK in Resident Evil 6 to play Story Co-Op with a friend? Me and my friend tried to play through Link, but we weren't able to create a session nor join one. We have seperate xbox's as well. We're both on FSD 3 rev735 and have latest TU Updates?

I have a question. Whenever I press the guide button system link is greyed out. How do I set up System LiNK in Resident Evil 6 to play Story Co-Op with a friend? Me and my friend tried to play through Link, but we weren't able to create a session nor join one. We have seperate xbox's as well. We're both on FSD 3 rev735 and have latest TU Updates?

are you sure it's enabled ? Go into the plugin settings area and enable LiNK

You have to run the game and then press the guide button. Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

My question is Resident Evil 6 specifically. I have used LiNK to play Black Ops, Black Ops II and Aliens: Colonal Marines fine but when I try to play Resident Evil 6 and hit the guide button the system link option is greyed out. So I can't even find a room. Is this game configured for link?  I did a Google search and found out, others are having this very same problem as well.  If you guys say it is on my end (RE6 Specifically). Then I will delve deeper as LiNK works fine on my other games so far. Thank you in advance.

Weird... I am completely updated (FSD 3 and TU RE6) when i hit the guide button, system link is completely greyed out and non functional. When I join quick play or custom match nothing either. Thanks. I'll have to try to figure this out another way. Other games work fine.

Edit: My apologies Jpizzle. LiNK was not enabled in the settings. I had to enable link and upnp map port forwarding. Both tcp port tests failed. My next step was going into dashlaunch plugin section and directing path to fsdplugin.xex. Now everything is working and I see system link in all games that support it thanks.

Edited by Grimms

I'm with Sky

and having trouble setting up port mapping on the router.

I have Jtag connected to my Laptop via Ethernet cable, Bridge Connection to the Wireless Sky Router.

JQE360 Pass

Weather Works fine

UPNP Enabled Router Not Found

Data Port:          TCP Pass UDP Fail

Broadcast Port:  TCP Pass UDP Fail 

Can't figure out how to get UDP to Pass

cheers

• Like 1

hii well can anyone help?? , plzzzz . the problem is everytime i try to join a game it show unable to connect to host can any tell i shall i do plzzz thanks

I'm with Sky

and having trouble setting up port mapping on the router.

I have Jtag connected to my Laptop via Ethernet cable, Bridge Connection to the Wireless Sky Router.

JQE360 Pass

Weather Works fine

UPNP Enabled Router Not Found

Data Port:          TCP Pass UDP Fail

Broadcast Port:  TCP Pass UDP Fail 

Can't figure out how to get UDP to Pass

cheers

there is a tutorial for this, read it.

Guys, I have totally same failing problem under "Data" & "Broadcast" port status.

Strange enough that these ports show up in UPNP list as enabled and also I have virtual servers/port forwarding set up for them to work correctly, alas they don't:

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

+

Posted Image

Other than that xbox working fine via Ethernet when downloading covers, TUs etc.

Any help would be highly appreciated! Honestly speaking I checked out FSD only because of LiNK, no offence but NXE + DL + XeXmenu is more than enough.

P.S. I tried turning off "Enable UPNP for port mapping" to look how it will go but no luck whether it is on or off. Tried to use different ports as well, same thing.

your routers firewall might be blocking our ping port check, try putting it in DMZ mode.

Hey JPizzle, thanks for reply! I already tried to put the IP for 360 in DMZ, no luck. Rebooted etc. Tried all possible options so far, I can't understand how this doesn't work if we are talking about UPNP. I work in IT, and by now I guess there is a certain client connection problem I can't get handle of.

hi i am new here i make what you said but when ki play game in me xbox guide menu no 3 section what i do wrong ?.? . and what do you mean (MAKE SURE you have DISABLED DevLink AND ENABLED PINGPATCH in dashlaunch !!!)

"Also be sure you have the Avatar/Kinect data installed for your dashboard version !!!"

​Just out of curiosity, why is the avatar/kinect data needed for LiNK?

Also, is it true that if you fail the UDP and TCP test you cannot host a game?

Thanks.

How do I update f3 to the latest revision(735)? I don't have an internet connection.

How do I update f3 to the latest revision? I don't have an internet connection.

download it from the release thread and copy the files over your existing F3 install while NOT in F3.