RealModScene
JPizzle

F3 with LiNK and new WebUI

Does it matter that I cant install Dashlaunch since im on the latest kernel 16202?

There is no way for me to enable ping patch and devlink...Since I dont have Dashlaunch.

I pass every test, I can even see some servers...But when I try to join it starts loading then says "Unable to join session"???

Any suggestions?? thanks

Does it matter that I cant install Dashlaunch since im on the latest kernel 16202?

There is no way for me to enable ping patch and devlink...Since I dont have Dashlaunch.

I pass every test, I can even see some servers...But when I try to join it starts loading then says "Unable to join session"???

Any suggestions?? thanks

No DashLaunch = No LiNK

I would suggest you downgrade

NAT is Network Address Translation. Basically it is what makes your port forward work. They call it translation because you can translate the incoming port to the port it contacts your computer on as it passes though your router.

You turn off NAT, you turn off all your port forwards, so that isn't a good idea :)

If you read this: http://www.cainetwor...trict-open.html

They say NAT status comes from the system doing a UDP check against three ports (5060, 5061 & 3074) . So theoretically you should be able to open those ports and everything work like magic. Well I did that and I still get the usual only seeing one or two rooms, if that.

I do wonder if the DashLaunch Live block causes the NAT to show as Strict. But I am not going to risk testing that. My KV is still good and I may want to sell it some day to a lobby loser.

thanks for the info about the ports.. but those are for xbox live.. not for LINK i guess.. i will try it and i will tell u how it goes today.. and thanks for making me understand and learn more about network

and u can know if u have strict nat or not by games like black ops 2

I do wonder if the DashLaunch Live block causes the NAT to show as Strict. But I am not going to risk testing that. My KV is still good and I may want to sell it some day to a lobby loser.

This is what I'm thinking.... Some setting in dashlaunch is maybe causing a strict NAT on the RGH. Its evident cause in my setup in F3 it shows my internet ip assigned to me by my ISP which should be open with ALL ports and is confirmed with the tests.... No matter what port I test it ALWAYS say pass but in game I get strict NAT.

My problem:

Installed the 16197 Dashboard and Dashlaunch 3.04.

Installed the new FSD3 with Link.

Opened all the ports and also disabled firewall on the router

But keep getting "unable to connecto to host", and "unable to join session"... Tested with all TUs, but can't join any game....

Also pinpatch and devlink set to true...

Well I cant downgrade since I upgraded my retail nand to 16202 ...facepalm

Hopefully Dashlaunch 3.05 is in the works.

Course you can downgrade your freeboot image. As long as you have your cpu key you can put any dash you wish on your glitch image. You cant downgrade your retail nand but that is not needed for f3 and link

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I'm thinking.... Some setting in dashlaunch is maybe causing a strict NAT on the RGH. Its evident cause in my setup in F3 it shows my internet ip assigned to me by my ISP which should be open with ALL ports and is confirmed with the tests.... No matter what port I test it ALWAYS say pass but in game I get strict NAT.

i opened live block.. and still nat strict

Did you also port forward 5060, 5061 & 3074?

Also, check this page out : http://support.rocks...ne-connectivity

According to Rockstar:

• Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
  • Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
  • Strict can ONLY connect to open.
They also list what ports to fiddle with to try and get an Open NAT. I think this is the problem most of us are having when we try to find games to join.

They also suggest enabling DMZ for the Xbox IP which turns off the firewall. May have to try that when I get home.

You see, if most of us can only see a couple games then those are the games being hosted by people with an OPEN NAT. If more of us can get to have an open NAT then maybe we would have more games to join. Really hopping this can be a dashlaunch patch in the future to make the NAT always be open.

Course you can downgrade your freeboot image. As long as you have your cpu key you can put any dash you wish on your glitch image. You cant downgrade your retail nand but that is not needed for f3 and link

My retail side is what I updated,,,,Therefore I cannot downgrade. I already know I can downgrade my glitch nand but in order for Demon to work both nands have to have the same Kernel...So I am F#@$Ed.

Did you also port forward 5060, 5061 & 3074?

Also, check this page out : http://support.rocks...ne-connectivity

According to Rockstar:

• Open NATs can connect to any of the three types. --> Probably the least common type
  • Moderate can only connect to open and moderate. --> Probably the most common type
  • Strict can ONLY connect to open.
They also list what ports to fiddle with to try and get an Open NAT. I think this is the problem most of us are having when we try to find games to join.

They also suggest enabling DMZ for the Xbox IP which turns off the firewall. May have to try that when I get home.

You see, if most of us can only see a couple games then those are the games being hosted by people with an OPEN NAT. If more of us can get to have an open NAT then maybe we would have more games to join. Really hopping this can be a dashlaunch patch in the future to make the NAT always be open.

yes i opened all those ports.. i enabled DMZ i cant disable NAT coz when i do that the whole internet goes off.. but i tried with a friend of mine.. he disabled nat and still he cant join and nat is strict.. and forwarded his ports.. and done alllll that.. :D still nothing.. i guess it supposed to be enabled and disabled in options of fsd like devlink enabled and disabled.. its the only way .. team fsd has to figure out a way to make nat open... or to make a room for international with no nat ristriction.. thats my suggestion

fucking hell this time I got to play at LINK

then I come across this >>> 400 users online ok

but then what do'm gonna play like I know what do these 400 users are playing ...

I have to change games every hour to see if someone playing and boring

Please administrators

create rooms for each game

and as xlinkkai and easier for gamers....SOU DO BRASIL

fucking hell this time I got to play at LINK

then I come across this >>> 400 users online ok

but then what do'm gonna play like I know what do these 400 users are playing ...

I have to change games every hour to see if someone playing and boring

Please administrators

create rooms for each game

and as xlinkkai and easier for gamers....SOU DO BRASIL

Just go to link.jqe360.com and you can see how many people are playing what.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Why can't I see black ops II hosts? :angry:

Why do I get fatal errors? :(

Why can't I chat? :angry:

Why this? :(

Why that? :angry:

Ok all joking aside. :lol:

Where do I start??? ok ok ok...

I would like to THANK YOU everyone involved in this project from me and everyone posting in this forum :wub:

And I mean everyone

The coders

The researchers

The visionary's that thought this was possible

The people that help make/host/pay for this website

The people that made all of you guys/gals coffee (If there weren't any there should have been) ^_^

Every countless hour that you dedicated without wanting anything in return to help connect all of us together in doing what we do best PLAY GAMES

Anyone that helped you along your path (everyone else I forgot to mention)

And last but not least...

The beta testers (both happy and not happy)

I just set up everything today and it all works amazing for beta! Way beyond my expectations that's for sure. Still a long road map ahead but I don't need to tell you that haha. I can't find one thing that I don't like about it. Everything is very smooth and quick to respond. This forum has lots of recommendations of what people would like to see. Due to this I think a LiNK forum section would greatly benefit this project. (problems/thank you/bug/specific game errors/recommendations and ect. sub forums)

The only actually bug I came across today was when I joined a room I would get a empty list. Pressing "A" would reboot my box while pressing "B" and then "X" would not crash my box.

And for everyone having issues please read jpizzle's tutorial on setting up LiNK. And if your having problems port forwarding and other issues remember google is your friend. :D

Beta

Beta (in other words prototype) (named after the second letter of the Greek alphabet) is the software development phase following alpha. It generally begins when the software is feature complete. Software in the beta phase will generally have many more bugs in it than completed software, as well as speed/performance issues. The focus of beta testing is reducing impacts to users, often incorporating usability testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release and this is typically the first time that the software is available outside of the organization that developed it.

The users of a beta version are called beta testers. They are usually customers or prospective customers of the organization that develops the software, willing to test the software without charge, often receiving the final software free of charge or for a reduced price. Beta version software is often useful for demonstrations and previews within an organization and to prospective customers. Some developers refer to this stage as a preview, prototype, technical preview (TP), or early access. Some software is kept in perpetual beta—where new features and functionality are continually added to the software without establishing a firm "final" release.

Open and closed beta

Developers release either a closed beta or an open beta; closed beta versions are released to a restricted group of individuals for a user test by invitation, while open beta testers are from a larger group, or anyone interested. The testers report any bugs that they find, and sometimes suggest additional features they think should be available in the final version.

Open betas serve the dual purpose of demonstrating a product to potential consumers, and testing among an extremely wide user base likely to bring to light obscure errors that a much smaller testing team might not find.

Thankx again,

Hackersack

Resources: http://en.wikipedia....ease_life_cycle

• Like 1

NAT strict ? and ... what's the problem doc ?

my Nat is also strict and i can play without any problems on LiNK ...

Best regards , Jéjé le tech

My retail side is what I updated,,,,Therefore I cannot downgrade. I already know I can downgrade my glitch nand but in order for Demon to work both nands have to have the same Kernel...So I am F#@$Ed.

Glad I not got a demon then:lol:

My trinity running fine with x360pro v6 on live and link:D

On a side note where have you read that about the demon? Its dual nand why woukd it need to be same as retail

The developers have already said even if your NAT is open, it will show up as strict ANYWAYS. WHATEVER YOU DO.

Read guys, please.

• Like 1

NAT strict ? and ... what's the problem doc ?

my Nat is also strict and i can play without any problems on LiNK ...

Best regards , Jéjé le tech

I can play on LiNK also, as can most of us. But when you see a room with 30 people in it and can find one game (if that) and then the games you do find only have one or two people in them... I think that may have to do with NAT. I think that is also why we have trouble finding each other. Not saying this is concrete though. But it would make sense. What I need to find out is if the people who host a game and it has a lot of players, if they have an Open NAT. Because they would be the ideal host.

FWIW - I have a DD-WRT router and have messed with the settings (including now trying to enable DMZ and turn off the DashLaunch LiveBlock) but no luck so far, my NAT stays at Strict.

Can people with Open NAT status please post their setup and what their current experience is in terms of how people they see, game availability, etc?

The developers have already said even if your NAT is open, it will show up as strict ANYWAYS. WHATEVER YOU DO.

Read guys, please.

Care to link to this? Didn't see that in this thread. Not in their release information or setup information. I think most of us are reading.....

I said it before and I will say it once more, IN BLACK OPS 2 NAT IS ALWAYS STRICT !!!!

Update:

My problem:

Installed the 16197 Dashboard and Dashlaunch 3.04.

Installed the new FSD3 with Link.

Opened all the ports and also disabled firewall on the router

But keep getting "unable to connecto to host", and "unable to join session"... Tested with all TUs, but can't join any game....

Also pingpatch and devlink set to true...

Sometimes when trying to join a game room the xbox360 turns off!

I can play on LiNK also, as can most of us. But when you see a room with 30 people in it and can find one game (if that) and then the games you do find only have one or two people in them... I think that may have to do with NAT. I think that is also why we have trouble finding each other. Not saying this is concrete though. But it would make sense. What I need to find out is if the people who host a game and it has a lot of players, if they have an Open NAT. Because they would be the ideal host.

FWIW - I have a DD-WRT router and have messed with the settings (including now trying to enable DMZ and turn off the DashLaunch LiveBlock) but no luck so far, my NAT stays at Strict.

I play every night on LiNK like i did before with xbslink .... For those who might know me , my gamertag is [xLan360] Jéjé le tech ....

last night , i was playing with french friends on blur , forza 2 and F1 2012 ....

i can show you games with 5 , 10 , 15 gamers ... and we all have strict NAT :-)

Feel free to contact me and i will invite you to our friday night events ( we meet every friday at 21H gmt + 1 ) . last Friday , we were 15 gamers playing on BO2

we use teamspeak to communicate during games ....

i understand that it might be frustrating when you enter a room with 30 gamers and not even one game hosting ....

Contact me via pm and i will show you that LiNK is working pretty well for a beta ...

best regards , Jéjé le tech

first of all thank you for another awesome release! I really like the new screenshot feature in the WEB UI.

one question though, are you planning in the future of adding a "video recording" feature? Is it possible via a Wifi Connection? Or even just stream what's happening on your XBOX to your PC Screen? (and then I'll just use a screen recording software in windows)

Thanks a lot to the FSD Team!

WebUI - This new release includes not only LiNK but the new WebUI that allows you to get game info and systeminfo while in game. To access the new interface type your xbox IP into your web browser and point it to port 9999

192.168.1.8:9999

From here you will be able to take in game screen shots and save them to your computer by right clicking them and go to save as.