RealModScene
Gumbo

Loading Taking longer

Hey everyone,

So, obviously I love the simplicity of Aurora, Its actually making want to use my 360, But I have a question regarding initial loading times.

So when I was on 0.2b It would sit on the loading screen with "Caching default skin" or something similar.  But since updating to 0.3b, It gives me more information (good thing) about the games and where its scanning and what not, but, it seems to go though all the games on my hdd (714), and it takes about 50 - 60 seconds, compared to 0.2b which took about 15 seconds. So I wondered if there was a way of preventing it from going through all the games, or speeding the process up, I have disable the Automatic scanning for new content, but it didn't change anything.

Second question, If there an easy way to change the Aurora loading screen from the white and green to a custom image?

Gumbo.

Hey everyone,

So, obviously I love the simplicity of Aurora, Its actually making want to use my 360, But I have a question regarding initial loading times.

So when I was on 0.2b It would sit on the loading screen with "Caching default skin" or something similar.  But since updating to 0.3b, It gives me more information (good thing) about the games and where its scanning and what not, but, it seems to go though all the games on my hdd (714), and it takes about 50 - 60 seconds, compared to 0.2b which took about 15 seconds. So I wondered if there was a way of preventing it from going through all the games, or speeding the process up, I have disable the Automatic scanning for new content, but it didn't change anything.

Second question, If there an easy way to change the Aurora loading screen from the white and green to a custom image?

Gumbo.

You can disable autoscan, that may decrease boot time a tiny bit... the most likely problem is that you have alot of TitleUpdates active...

In 0.4b we'll add the ability to disable TU scanning

• Like 1

I dont understand why people download TUs for every single game in their library.... even games they never play.....

This is the cause of the longer boot times as it does scan and backup new TUs on launch

even games they never play.....

Hehe, Where do you know  this information? :D

Anyway. I would scan for the specific game that i start, not when aurora starts.  There could also be a setting that automatically downloads the newest TU and sets the update on. But now for me, the aurora boots of course has new startscans but its still quicker than FSD and that is ok.

Hehe, Where do you know  this information? :D

Anyway. I would scan for the specific game that i start, not when aurora starts.  There could also be a setting that automatically downloads the newest TU and sets the update on. But now for me, the aurora boots of course has new startscans but its still quicker than FSD and that is ok.

The problem with scanning when you start the game is that it'll piss ppl off because of the increased launch time instead...

That setting would put alot of load on the servers which we don't really need... but yeah, it'd be convenient i guess to have it done automatically, but... if the new update causes issues, you don't want it to be enabled... so, you'd have to disable it when you want to play that specific game or whatever... not very convenient in that regard ;) besides, you can really easily/quickly check for new TU's and download them when you need it... they don't release a new update everyday for every game ;)

Well

This is programming. i would have the idea to create a dynamic json file. It contains all games from your gamelist with its TUs (current installed and up2date information from the servers.) updating this textfile would be done bay scanning your games or doing in the background. Your xbox pulls the information as plain text and flags your game with an update. When you start the game or open info aurora says an update for the game is available or shows it symbolicly. Anyway the idea is that is has not to scan server but a local file with the information while starting the game. It would be nice if you have a TU update icon for your game. I mean the freestyle plugin already checks for your tu (rss?) so you could just flag the game and next start you can be informed by message or icons.

I don't understand why people download TUs for every single game in their library.... even games they never play.....

You may not understand it tho you know what they're called "horders"

We have a solution for resolving the long load time due to the TU scan that happens at boot.  My boot times have gone from 15 seconds to 5 seconds.  

Whenever the next update comes out, you all will get to experience these improvements as well.  Stay tuned.

the most likely problem is that you have alot of TitleUpdates active...

4 title updates, all for GTA5, so i dont think its the title updates,

When it loads it looks like its rebuilding the database,

and auto scan is off.

the first couple hundred games load pretty fast, but the further it goes the slower it go's.

and auto scan is off.

the first couple hundred games load pretty fast, but the further it goes the slower it go's.

714 games.... around what number does it start to slow down ?

P.S. You are a major whore of a pirate :p

and auto scan is off.

Try doing a defragmentation of your harddrive, i'm assuming you're running aurora from an external harddrive? i remember seeing similar issues when i had a seriously fragmented harddrive during the early testing...

Define slow,as in was it ok before or slower the more games you added when 2b loaded in 15secs.There was a setting in fsd that allowed auto retrieve of content,it was a tick box where you set cover quality & screenshot amounts is it ticked in aurora

defrag will require a min of 15% free space,excessive fragmentation can be offset if larger blocks were set at format,the default is 32kb

714 games.... around what number does it start to slow down ?

P.S. You are a major whore of a pirate :p

Around 200-230,

And yes... yes i am.

Try doing a defragmentation of your harddrive, i'm assuming you're running aurora from an external harddrive? i remember seeing similar issues when i had a seriously fragmented harddrive during the early testing...

I now how to defrag a hdd, but how would i go about defragging a fatx drive? could mount it with fatxplorer and defrag it like normal?

Define slow,as in was it ok before or slower the more games you added when 2b loaded in 15secs.There was a setting in fsd that allowed auto retrieve of content,it was a tick box where you set cover quality & screenshot amounts is it ticked in aurora

defrag will require a min of 15% free space,excessive fragmentation can be offset if larger blocks were set at format,the default is 32kb

0.2b was fine with load speeds, with the same ammount of games,

Im on a 750GB hdd with 300GB free so im gonna try the above :)

I now how to defrag a hdd, but how would i go about defragging a fatx drive? could mount it with fatxplorer and defrag it like normal?

Dunno, never done it on the internal harddrive before...

Dunno, never done it on the internal harddrive before...

I  mounted it with fatxplorer and tried several different defrag programs, but none of them recognized the HDD, Unfortunately fatxplorer does have a built in defragger but its not available yet or something. Oh well.

Thanks for your help anyway dude :)