RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.3b by Phoenix

guys i'm really sorry idf what i am asking is a noob question..

this is my first time using aurora but i have failed to download covers of my games. in fsd it works fine but with Aurora the connection is idle.

please help

Aurora requires that you have xhttp enabled, and if you want anything other then the boxart (cover) you'll need to have livestrong disabled

both of these options are part of dashlaunch

Did you decide to implement Sound(effects) just like in FSD yet or do you think, it is a disadvantage in efficiency?

Did not test it out yet, tho

Did you decide to implement Sound(effects) just like in FSD yet or do you think, it is a disadvantage in efficiency?

Did not test it out yet, tho

no

Thanks- report back with your findings- there is a reason its going slow, we just need to figure it out.

Reporting back:

With the fresh install of Aurora 0.3b the first time I booted took 1 minute and 26 seconds for "Backing up title updates...". I get that. However, I have to redownload all title updates and artwork, which is probably why the boot time after that first try was decreased to about only 19 seconds (instead of the 27 seconds from yesterday). Also, I don't have the time to redownload title updates for each individual title. So... it's pretty crap. Luckily I kept the of Aurora 0.3b that updated from 0.2b, and everything is still there, but the splash screen loading time is still 27 seconds.

EDIT: Is it possible to use 0.3b but without the feature of preloading covers, like it was in 0.2b?

I can adjust the lighting of it, will do a special one for ya later today (it's like 5 am right now, and i haven't had any sleep yet)

Im back! Have some time to spend on my request? XD

Hello. Great job. I have a small request. Could you add the Russian language. just predveduschey version was. I am from Ukraine and I am much easier with the Russian language. many thanks in advance.

Reporting back:

With the fresh install of Aurora 0.3b the first time I booted took 1 minute and 26 seconds for "Backing up title updates...". I get that. However, I have to redownload all title updates and artwork, which is probably why the boot time after that first try was decreased to about only 19 seconds (instead of the 27 seconds from yesterday). Also, I don't have the time to redownload title updates for each individual title. So... it's pretty crap. Luckily I kept the of Aurora 0.3b that updated from 0.2b, and everything is still there, but the splash screen loading time is still 27 seconds.

EDIT: Is it possible to use 0.3b but without the feature of preloading covers, like it was in 0.2b?

It is not possible.  Only 50 of the covers are preloaded, and its done while other processes or happening so I don't feel like its the reason everything is loading slower.  I believe its the TUscan which I am investigating to see if i can resolve that issue and the issues it causes.

You mentioned you don't have time to download TUs again, but your TUs are all still there, you just need to activate them before the next time you play a specific game.  Only thing you really need to spend some time doing is downloading covers again...  which you can just start and come back to in a couple hours when its all done.

If it's really a turn-off for you, i recommend going back to 0.2b until our next release, disable the update notifications that I mentioned before and stay tuned ^_^

Im back! Have some time to spend on my request? XD

Shit! sorry :( i forgot to do that, then i ended up beeing a little busy... do you use irc? if so; can you message me tomorrow (in like 10 hours or so) to remind me?

you guys are awesome what ur doing is not easy i write code so i know i was going to ask it there is going to be skins and if the ones on other websites work on .3b and how to install if they do i know this is not that important but would be nice to know

you guys are awesome what ur doing is not easy i write code so i know i was going to ask it there is going to be skins and if the ones on other websites work on .3b and how to install if they do i know this is not that important but would be nice to know

There are custom covers, but as we released 0.3b yesterday there's no custom skins available (yet) for 0.3b, due to this thing beeing in development there's pretty much skin changes between each version, because of this... the skinners have ALOT of work to do for each update... expects skins to maybe start popping up next week or a couple of weeks after that... they need to create new graphics for the filemanager and such ;)

Yeah, skins are awesome.

It would be even more awesome if unity would be a bigger platform of community.

And aurora has the capapility to download custom skins, languages, free DLCs, Trainers, Covers. All approved uploads of course. I see so much more potential in this.

It is not possible.  Only 50 of the covers are preloaded, and its done while other processes or happening so I don't feel like its the reason everything is loading slower.  I believe its the TUscan which I am investigating to see if i can resolve that issue and the issues it causes.

You mentioned you don't have time to download TUs again, but your TUs are all still there, you just need to activate them before the next time you play a specific game.  Only thing you really need to spend some time doing is downloading covers again...  which you can just start and come back to in a couple hours when its all done.

If it's really a turn-off for you, i recommend going back to 0.2b until our next release, disable the update notifications that I mentioned before and stay tuned ^_^

I'm really glad you'll look into this! It sounds reasonable that the TUscan is slowing everything down. I'll keep it to 0.3b for now. It's working as it should, and it's probably still better than FSD. We'll see. Thx!

IM GOING TO TRY IT TONIGHT BUT i WANT NOW ABOUT DOWNLOADING COVERS AND ALL CAUSE i CANT HOOK MY XBOX 360 TO NET YET DEPLOYMENTS SUCK.

Covers can only be downloaded with the console having internet at this time, sorry...

Great release! I love the file manager!

One minor issue:

Disabling AutoScan seems to have no effect.  This worked fine on last version.   Now, it is scanning everything everytime Aurora starts, but disabling autoscan doesn't prevent it.  I'd prefer to disable autoscan for faster Aurora start and manual scan if I add content.  Start time has changed from aproximatey 8 seconds (last version autoscan disabled) to aproximately 15 second (this version autoscan disabled).

Great release! I love the file manager!

One minor issue:

Disabling AutoScan seems to have no effect.  This worked fine on last version.   Now, it is scanning everything everytime Aurora starts, but disabling autoscan doesn't prevent it.  I'd prefer to disable autoscan for faster Aurora start and manual scan if I add content.  Start time has changed from aproximatey 8 seconds (last version autoscan disabled) to aproximately 15 second (this version autoscan disabled).

Where is it that it seems to be taking the longest? TitleUpdate scanning or? that's currently not possible to disable... but, we'll probably add that in the next version...

• Like 15

OK I was mistaken, it's not scanning for new content when autoscan is disabled.  I added new content, and a reboot didn't detect it, I needed to manual "scan now" and my new content appeared.   So it is working as designed, sorry for the false report.

I thought it was scanning for new content during start up as it lists  a bunch of files being scanned on the splash screen.  but you're right Swizzy it appears to be the title updates (cache and all the 000B0000 folders) that is most significant (over 300 titles here).  The slightly longer dash load time (compared to last version) is certainly not a big issue for me, although if there was an option to not scan title updates in the next version I'd certainly try it out.  

Thanks for your great support!

• Like 3

Hi. Now this might be a noob question, but i cant find a way to do it. How can i change the default backgroud of aurora? I saw a picture in the previous page where the background was like a sunset. Other than that, the dash is great. Thanks!

Hi. Now this might be a noob question, but i cant find a way to do it. How can i change the default backgroud of aurora? I saw a picture in the previous page where the background was like a sunset. Other than that, the dash is great. Thanks!

Check out the aurora tips & tricks threads, one of them mention this

just copy to hdd??why not auto load aurora dash when i on my xbox??anyone help me.

You need to configure dashlaunch, it doesn't know what's your dashboard just by seeing a xex somewhere...

I never heard about this dash, saw it yesterday @logic-sunrise news,

installed it...... and ..... very very very nice ! much more better and faster than FSD !!!

great work !!!

but why is it not possible to load the "standard" trainer in the trainer menu ?
will it be possible to convert the trainer to the aurora trainer format ?

http://www.xyzmods.com/index.php/forum/86-aurora-trainers/ has just 10 trainers

installed it...... and ..... very very very nice ! much more better and faster than FSD !!!

great work !!!

They are working on converting most if not all of their trainers to work with Aurora, you should see about 100 or so more added to that list very shortly.

great work !!!

The reason why it's not possible is because Aurora reads specific data telling it what TU's are compatible and so on, they're basically like plugins for Aurora which are only loaded with games, and unloaded once the game ends...

• Like 1

The reason why it's not possible is because Aurora reads specific data telling it what TU's are compatible and so on, they're basically like plugins for Aurora which are only loaded with games, and unloaded once the game ends...

So it is kinda like the way it loads the title updates? I noticed that it patches in the TU at game load also, which takes a while on games with bigger TU's. eg. Black Ops 2. Every time I launch this game, it takes like 20-30 sec just to apply TU. I would guess that FSD handled this in the same way, just didnt tell you like aurora does, as that game took forever to launch from there also.  Just out of curiosity, is there any reason we manually patch in the title update at game load, instead of sticking it in Cache folder, like a retail. Maybe games would load quicker if that was handled.

So it is kinda like the way it loads the title updates? I noticed that it patches in the TU at game load also, which takes a while on games with bigger TU's. eg. Black Ops 2. Every time I launch this game, it takes like 20-30 sec just to apply TU. I would guess that FSD handled this in the same way, just didnt tell you like aurora does, as that game took forever to launch from there also.  Just out of curiosity, is there any reason we manually patch in the title update at game load, instead of sticking it in Cache folder, like a retail. Maybe games would load quicker if that was handled.

It copies any "Enabled" TU's that aren't there already (since 0.3b, in 0.2b it'd always copy it), Older TU's go into Cache, newer ones go into Content\000...0\TitleID\000B0000\ or whatever... which is also a reason why we can't just put them into cache...

• Like 1