RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.3b by Phoenix

Same as above ^_^

Edit: Let me be the first to make a remark. I have a large library and it takes 30 seconds for Aurora to scan all content and load the coverflow view, whereas the previous version took only 3 seconds to load. Is this a bug? The update information said 0.3b was intented for large libraries... I think I'm going back to 0.2b for now.

Edit 2: Darn, being back in 0.2b, I need to manage my game paths again. Grr... and always that "please update"-prompt. So... going back to 0.3b

--> main question: Is there any way to speed up the boot process in the title screen?

Same as above ^_^

Edit: Let me be the first to make a remark. I have a large library and it takes 30 seconds for Aurora to scan all content and load the coverflow view, whereas the previous version took only 3 seconds to load. Is this a bug? The update information said 0.3b was intented for large libraries... I think I'm going back to 0.2b for now.

Edit 2: Darn, being back in 0.2b, I need to manage my game paths again. Grr... and always that "please update"-prompt. So... going back to 0.3b

--> main question: Is there any way to speed up the boot process in the title screen?

Yeah, disable auto scan should work :)

Yeah, disable auto scan should work :)

I tried that myself. It doesn't work. At the title screen, the scanning still happens.

I tried that myself. It doesn't work. At the title screen, the scanning still happens.

How many games do you have- and is it slow on the part that says "Scanning...." or the part where it shows its loading titles?   Also is your Aurora installation on USB or internal HDD?

If its slow on the part where it shows Scanning- that means its scanning for Title Updates and the only way to reduce that time is to disconnect some devices.  Unfortunately, Title Updates have to be scanned and backed up befcore you can launch games- or they will get corrupt and break stuff ( ie, if a TU is copying and a game is launched, the TU copy will be interrupted resulting in a partial copy).

How many games do you have- and is it slow on the part that says "Scanning...." or the part where it shows its loading titles?   Also is your Aurora installation on USB or internal HDD?

If its slow on the part where it shows Scanning- that means its scanning for Title Updates and the only way to reduce that time is to disconnect some devices.  Unfortunately, Title Updates have to be scanned and backed up befcore you can launch games- or they will get corrupt and break stuff ( ie, if a TU is copying and a game is launching, resulting in a partial copy).

Roughly around 160 titles need to be loaded. "Reading titles from database..." is quick, "Scanning Xbox 360\System\HDD1\Cache and Content" is the slow part.

You can modify your "settings.db" to disable the update notification. This is done by changing the "NotifyUpdateAvailable" entry in the "SystemSettings" table from 1 to 0.

Roughly around 160 titles need to be loaded. "Reading titles from database..." is quick, "Scanning Xbox 360\System\HDD1\Cache and Content" is the slow part.

How many devices do you have hooked up ie, Usb0, Usb1, etc. How many XBLA games do you have in your /Content/ folder?

How many devices do you have hooked up ie, Usb0, Usb1, etc.   How many XBLA games do you have in your /Content/ folder?

I only have one device hooked up: Usb0. From the 160 titles, about 40 are XBLA games in the content folder of the internal Hdd1.

I only have one device hooked up: Usb0. From the 160 titles, about 40 are XBLA games in the content folder of the internal Hdd1.

Are you exagerrating the load time at all?  From the moment you see the splash screen to the moment the splas hscreen goes away , I get an 12-15 seconds.  Thats about as fast as its going to get.

If you are truly taking 30 seconds or longer to get through the splash screen, then either your drives are slow and dying, or something has corrupted- and you amy want to try a new install of Aurora 0.3b to see if the speed is fixed.

Are you exagerrating the load time at all?  From the moment you see the splash screen to the moment the splas hscreen goes away , I get an 12-15 seconds.  Thats about as fast as its going to get.

If you are truly taking 30 seconds or longer to get through the splash screen, then either your drives are slow and dying, or something has corrupted- and you amy want to try a new install of Aurora 0.3b to see if the speed is fixed.

I timed it again and it was 27 seconds from the start of the splash screen to the moment the splash screen disappears. My drive shouldn't be slow, as I purchased a new WD Ultra Passport only last month. I shall try a new install, but I won't get my hopes up.

EDIT: Btw, thanks for the effort guys!

I timed it again and it was 27 seconds from the start of the splash screen tot the moment the splash screen disappears. My drive shouldn't be slow, as I purchased a new WD Ultra Passport only last month. I shall try a new install, but I won't get my hopes up.

EDIT: Btw, thanks for the effort guys!

Thanks- report back with your findings- there is a reason its going slow, we just need to figure it out.

Thanks- report back with your findings- there is a reason its going slow, we just need to figure it out.

Right! It's on my to-do list for tomorrow. You'll hear from me then. ;)

I have 80 XB360 games and 30 XBLA games and the dash boots in 5 secs. Aurora is on internal HD if that helps.

0.3b is just perfect, really. Amazing job guys, thank you!

So I am trying to update aurora, and the download keeps failing. The most it got to was 85%, then it shows up with a pop up that says download failed. any ideas on how to fix it, as aurora says I have more than 200+ games, so I would rather not start from scratch, as that is a lot of covers, and Titile Updates, etc to redownload.

Update: I got it to work, if you are having issues, disable auto content scan, and try again.

Also have to say, I am loving that file manager, it is amazing, Now off to get rid of FSD, and all my trainer apps(not that I use them anyway.)

So I am trying to update aurora, and the download keeps failing. The most it got to was 85%, then it shows up with a pop up that says download failed. any ideas on how to fix it, as aurora says I have more than 200+ games, so I would rather not start from scratch, as that is a lot of covers, and Titile Updates, etc to redownload.

Update: I got it to work, if you are having issues, disable auto content scan, and try again.

Also have to say, I am loving that file manager, it is amazing, Now off to get rid of FSD, and all my trainer apps(not that I use them anyway.)

Also, if anyone else has this problem you can always manually download the files and install that way-  our servers have been unstable the last few days so when it gets busy the downloads might fail.

Also, if anyone else has this problem you can always manually download the files and install that way-  our servers have been unstable the last few days so when it gets busy the downloads might fail.

And right now the server is more likely to be busy :D

Hi guys! Amazing work! I have a little request. Maybe it will be strange for some of the team, but, here it is: I see the covers of my games without brightness in some layouts (like the aurora standart). its like it needs more light! In the fsd my covers was clear and full of color. Can you fix or upgrade that? Thanks so much, I think that this update  cant be better!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! Amazing work! I have a little request. Maybe it will be strange for some of the team, but, here it is: I see the covers of my games without brightness in some layouts (like the aurora standart). its like it needs more light! In the fsd my covers was clear and full of color. Can you fix or upgrade that? Thanks so much, I think that this update  cant be better!!!!!!!!

Can you show us some examples of the problem?

Sure swizzy... look at this 3 pics, this are from 3 different layouts. Look to the ace combat cover for a perfect reference:

Lejos_zps5b9d9c8b.png

Media_zps1505d79a.png

Cerca_zps3adcec40.png

I like the colorfull and sharpness on the layout of the last pic. In the other ones seems darker... But, i like so much the first layout (the aurora default). Can you do something?

I can adjust the lighting of it, will do a special one for ya later today (it's like 5 am right now, and i haven't had any sleep yet)

• Like 13

TNX for update.

1. I have been looking into it and I am missing the Samba in Aurora.

It is very useful to directly extract isos into internal disk with 360mpGui v1.3.0.1

Is there any plan to add it?

2. How can we use all in one trainers since they are not tight to a single title id?

3. Is it possible to add an option to display Title ID of a game? This could be usefull when searching for a right trainer.

TNX for update.

1. I have been looking into it and I am missing the Samba in Aurora.

It is very useful to directly extract isos into internal disk with 360mpGui v1.3.0.1

Is there any plan to add it?

2. How can we use all in one trainers since they are not tight to a single title id?

3. Is it possible to add an option to display Title ID of a game? This could be usefull when searching for a right trainer.

1. Eventually, there are other extraction tools which supports FTP... might wanna try using that ;)

2. You use them as they're intended, they're unfortunately not supported at this time... you etheir way have to get Trainers specifically built for Aurora... other trainers won't work with this new way...

3. There is already, use the Subtitles!

• Like 1

guys i'm really sorry idf what i am asking is a noob question..

this is my first time using aurora but i have failed to download covers of my games. in fsd it works fine but with Aurora the connection is idle.

please help