RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
jeffmangum

How to access Dashlaunch to see what version it is?

Til now, i still dont know what dashlaunch does. I think I encountered dashlaunch before when i fresh installed FSD. 

But now, I wanna see the version of it so I can upgrade it. But i cant see any tuts to upgrade dashlaunch. 

They said dashlaunch is just in the FSD folder.. mine is not there. Maybe because i installed dashlaunch via a usb thumbdrive?

edit: what i understand on dashlaunch is... its not a part of your xbox.. Like it only lets you edit the launch.ini file based on the gui of the program. thats it. so i think i only opened it using a usb drive and deleted dashlaunch after installing FSD. 

So technically, its not part of the console?

Dashlaunch is found in the NAND once installed...

To check version you can use the Dashlaunch installer, or Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.4b for instance

Your edit is incorrect, Dashlaunch consists of 2 major parts;

1. There's "lhelper.xex" and "launch.xex" which are included in your nand, this handles booting stuff like FSD directly when booting the console, it also have alot of other features (as you can see in the launch.ini file)

2. There's the installer/configurator which is the graphical program you use to edit settings and/or install/upgrade Dashlaunch

The way to upgrade dashlaunch is just download the latest Dashlaunch package and run the installer, but... generally, when you want to upgrade dashlaunch you also want to upgrade your kernel, they pretty much go hand-in-hand, so... read a tutorial for updating your kernel, download the latest version of the NAND Builder and you usually get the latest dashlaunch aswell (xeBuild itself doesn't include dashlaunch unless you unpack those files, but if you use xeBuild GUI, JRunner, AutoGG etc. you'll have it included)

• Like 1

Dashlaunch is found in the NAND once installed...To check version you can use the Dashlaunch installer, or Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.4b for instanceYour edit is incorrect, Dashlaunch consists of 2 major parts;1. There's "lhelper.xex" and "launch.xex" which are included in your nand, this handles booting stuff like FSD directly when booting the console, it also have alot of other features (as you can see in the launch.ini file)2. There's the installer/configurator which is the graphical program you use to edit settings and/or install/upgrade DashlaunchThe way to upgrade dashlaunch is just download the latest Dashlaunch package and run the installer, but... generally, when you want to upgrade dashlaunch you also want to upgrade your kernel, they pretty much go hand-in-hand, so... read a tutorial for updating your kernel, download the latest version of the NAND Builder and you usually get the latest dashlaunch aswell (xeBuild itself doesn't include dashlaunch unless you unpack those files, but if you use xeBuild GUI, JRunner, AutoGG etc. you'll have it included)

So basically, when I run dashlaunch few mmonths ago, it got installed to the nand? I just realized that imm already on the latest dashlaunch cause I installed fsd back in feb I think so its the latest. Nah Its hard to update the kernel on my own. Maybe ill do it once I'm ready.

I don't wanna go that far just to discover that alien isolation will still crash on me. :(

The FSD installer doesn't have the latest DL, but older DL versions don't support the latest kernel :p unless it's one of them patched ones which probably doesn't fully work...

The FSD installer doesn't have the latest DL, but older DL versions don't support the latest kernel :p unless it's one of them patched ones which probably doesn't fully work...

So youre saying my dl is not the latest? Cause i think i directly downloaded the zip file on the latest thread. It didnt come with the fsd tutorial i followed.

the latest version is 3.12, if you run the 3.12 installer, and it doesnt ask you to update it, then you are using the latest dash launch.

Ok it asked me to update. Turns out im not on the latest. 

Thats it? i just clicked ok and its on the latest already? Ok great but when i started the game (alien isolation), it still crashed! Damn i hate this game.

Ok it asked me to update. Turns out im not on the latest. 

Thats it? i just clicked ok and its on the latest already? Ok great but when i started the game (alien isolation), it still crashed! Damn i hate this game.

What happens if you unload Dashlaunch? does that cause the game to work?

What happens if you unload Dashlaunch? does that cause the game to work?

How do you unload the Dashlaunch? Do i just remove the usb thumbdrive where the dashlaunch is? 

How do you unload the Dashlaunch? Do i just remove the usb thumbdrive where the dashlaunch is?

Run the installer/configurator and press RB until you find a bunch of buttons, one of which says "Unload", highlight it and press A :)

Run the installer/configurator and press RB until you find a bunch of buttons, one of which says "Unload", highlight it and press A :)

Ok i unload the dashlaunch. Then quit. It directs to the original xbox dashboard. So i go to xbox guide to go to FSD... But it just hangs there on the guide. Its stuck.

I was thinking I would go to xexmenu cause i can run it on the xbox dashboard... but i remember that alien isnt on the list on xexmenu.

Ok i unload the dashlaunch. Then quit. It directs to the original xbox dashboard. So i go to xbox guide to go to FSD... But it just hangs there on the guide. Its stuck.

I was thinking I would go to xexmenu cause i can run it on the xbox dashboard... but i remember that alien isnt on the list on xexmenu.

No, but there is a file manager, so it shouldnt be to hard to find the Default.xex file for the game and launch it that way.