RealModScene
Kaif Nadeem

some peoples are using hack in call of duty black ops 2

Go get the game, go to Xbox Live, download the new TU and upload it to xboxunity.net =)

Swizzy, I think he means it like "There must come a TU19". I was online on live today with BO2, there isnt a new TU for sure. And this would not even help, I guess. Hacks will come over and over again.

The thing we need is some kind of cheater protection.

Kaif Nadeem, was it in a public or in a private room?

If it was in a private room and the room was tagged as Modded, then it would be OK of course, but in Public Rooms its not allowed. Unfortunately there are toooo many players using off-host hacks like wallhacks, no recoil hacks....

By the way, a little question:

I made a wallhack myself (I didnt cheat with it of course).

Do you think it is ok to use it in the CODcaster mode (which is the spectator mode in BO2) to find out if somebody is cheating (if he looks straight at the players through the wall for example)?

Unfortunatly, people cheat. When I find my self in a hacked match, I leave it. Hopefully with the new aroura with the trainer feature built in, it will let you know if people are using mods in public rooms on link, or put them in a modded room automaticly.

Unfortunatly, people cheat. When I find my self in a hacked match, I leave it. Hopefully with the new aroura with the trainer feature built in, it will let you know if people are using mods in public rooms on link, or put them in a modded room automaticly.

That's part of the plan, to let ppl know when someone is using a Trainer... we won't be able to see when they're using any non-aurora trainer tho... and... it won't be in this version... it'll be so in the future...

• Like 1

You don't need a trainer to cheat, there are memory editors which you can run from your PC (and I doubt that this can be detected, unfortunately).

You don't need a trainer to cheat, there are memory editors which you can run from your PC (and I doubt that this can be detected, unfortunately).

Yeah, but most ppl will be using a trainer... most don't have the basic knowledge to do memory editing ;) and that's basically what the trainers do... they modify memory...

• Like 1

There is for example "Red Boxes", which is activated, when 0x821F5B7F=01. In theory there could be a plugin which checks this, but the prob is that 0x821F5B7F=01 also happens, when a player uses a scorestreak called "VTOL Warship".

Such as RTE tools, GSC Mod menus and all.

Any of them can be detected, they don't just magically work, you need a dashlaunch plugin to use them such as XRPC/JRPC or whatever

TU ones are on the other hand harder to detect as then you have to scan the memory for changes made by it, and thus have a database of "fingerprints" similar to what Antivirus software have

Cant mods just easily get detected by scanning the .xex file? Checking its size, CRC or whatever?

Sure, but most mods are done in memory and not to the XEX itself... you also need to have a database holding all of the possible "valid" values...

Sure, but most mods are done in memory and not to the XEX itself... you also need to have a database holding all of the possible "valid" values...

Yes of course.

Ok so .xex mods can be detected easily. Same with plugins which Real Time Editing programs need, because they have to be loaded in dashlaunch.

The only problem would be trainers that are loaded "outside" of Aurora I guess?

Yes of course.

Ok so .xex mods can be detected easily. Same with plugins which Real Time Editing programs need, because they have to be loaded in dashlaunch.

The only problem would be trainers that are loaded "outside" of Aurora I guess?

Yes, but we're probably not going to implement much detection stuff outside of Aurora as whatever we do, someone will undo by patching the memory of NOVA...

Yes, but we're probably not going to implement much detection stuff outside of Aurora as whatever we do, someone will undo by patching the memory of NOVA...

Yes, this might happen, but I have the feeling most people on LiNK are "leechers" and no coders. Most of the coders who make the RTM tools and trainers for Xbox Live wouldnt care if some people on a System Link Network arent able to use them.

We're not talking about disabling these mods, we're talking about having a way to see who are using them...

Yes, this might happen, but I have the feeling most people on LiNK are "leechers" and no coders. Most of the coders who make the RTM tools and trainers for Xbox Live wouldnt care if some people on a System Link Network arent able to use them.

i find more tools that work on LiNK then mod menus or gsc menus. ohh yah xbox live modders make the best ones i see so far. hell i use the best tools from allover to host modded lobbys for offline frends. i dont play so much on LiNK sent it has not been working right