RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
spazzy

Launching a GOD/XBLA title via FTP?

Some backstory: I'm trying to launch an XBLA title (Outrun Online Arcade, specifically), but when I extract out the XEX, it always goes back to the demo version. YarisSwap, X360GameHack, etc. is no go. I'd like the title to be an XEX so I can run an EXEC command over FTP to launch it.

I found QuickBoot, which (it seems like) allows you to run your xex files via a container it creates for you. I would like the opposite:

Ideally, I could just run an FTP EXEC command to this XEX and specify an XBLA container to mount and execute. It would be great if you could dump a launch.xex and a .txt or some other arbitrary file with a path and have it launch the title.

If something like this doesn't exist, I'd be willing to try my hand at coding it - I installed the XDK and have the FSD 2 code loaded up (well it doesn't really compile, yet...). It's a quite a bit to try and figure out. I found some useful snippets of code in the source code for FSD (mount -> mountCon -> XamContentOpenFile), though I obviously don't need the entire codebase. I decided I would ask around before I even tried to wrap my head around developing for the 360 and learning cpp (I'm more of a C# person...).

No other XBLA/GOD has given me this issue, so if anyone has any thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Thanks!

Some backstory: I'm trying to launch an XBLA title (Outrun Online Arcade, specifically), but when I extract out the XEX, it always goes back to the demo version. YarisSwap, X360GameHack, etc. is no go. I'd like the title to be an XEX so I can run an EXEC command over FTP to launch it.

I found QuickBoot, which (it seems like) allows you to run your xex files via a container it creates for you. I would like the opposite:

Ideally, I could just run an FTP EXEC command to this XEX and specify an XBLA container to mount and execute. It would be great if you could dump a launch.xex and a .txt or some other arbitrary file with a path and have it launch the title.

If something like this doesn't exist, I'd be willing to try my hand at coding it - I installed the XDK and have the FSD 2 code loaded up (well it doesn't really compile, yet...). It's a quite a bit to try and figure out. I found some useful snippets of code in the source code for FSD (mount -> mountCon -> XamContentOpenFile), though I obviously don't need the entire codebase. I decided I would ask around before I even tried to wrap my head around developing for the 360 and learning cpp (I'm more of a C# person...).

No other XBLA/GOD has given me this issue, so if anyone has any thoughts, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Thanks!

F3 have a FTP command to execute a xex/con, so does Aurora (as of 0.3b)

However, extracting the game won't solve the problem... i'm sure of that, the problem is probably that you are not patching the correct license bits, so... try using the dashlaunch setting "contpatch", if that doesn't work, make sure it's disabled and try doing it again with other unlock tools, i'd recommend using XM360, it always worked for me...

Thanks -- unfortunately Ftpdll does not :-( (I can't guarantee the xbox is on Aurora/FSD at the time of launch). However -- that said, I found https://code.google.com/p/vdash/source/browse/trunk/vdash/src/fsd?r=5 which has more or less isolated launch code from FSD. From a few of those files (the lesser number was a lot more manageable), I was able to create my own project that reads a target.txt file and launches the container respectively. I can upload it somewhere if anyone else needs it. If it succeeds, the program launches. If it fails, it just shows you the default colored rotating triangle that people with the XDK are probably familiar with :D.

The code looks like complete ass, but that's because I couldn't be bothered to learn any real C++ for this one-off task.

In regards to your other options, I tried the other options but not XM360 -- perhaps I should have given that a look before spending all night (it is now 5AM and I have work in 4 hours!) doing this :).

Thanks!

Yes. I can get a guide together. I can post it probably towards the end of this week if that works for you. Admittedly, I haven't tried this with GOD since I haven't needed to. Most XBLA I just extracted out the xexs but clearly that didn't work for OutRun. So I guess, my one data point for this launcher is OutRun...full games I just rip from the original disc and the plain files are already available and work great so I haven't needed to check.

can anyone else help with this project? i'm trying to make a program (xex) that can mount and launch a GOD format game from a specific path on the same console that is writen in a txt file that i can modify anytime i want.

can anyone else help with this project? i'm trying to make a program (xex) that can mount and launch a GOD format game from a specific path on the same console that is writen in a txt file that i can modify anytime i want.

I'm sorry but I just dont see the point for something like this.... why would you need something like this ?

i cant explain exactly but the point is to launch games remotely from a pc to several consoles (games are saved on each console drive in GOD format).
it is very useful for me. i even posted last night a request for this on a freelancer site where i'm willing to pay for the program
dont know if its ok to post here the link for the project request...
i'm hopping to get some help from you guys. thx

i cant explain exactly but the point is to launch games remotely from a pc to several consoles (games are saved on each console drive in GOD format).

it is very useful for me. i even posted last night a request for this on a freelancer site where i'm willing to pay for the program

dont know if its ok to post here the link for the project request...

i'm hopping to get some help from you guys. thx

You can link to it if you want, my guess is that you want this implemented as a dashlaunch plugin? Something that runs at all times...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

yes, i have more details on project link, witch is here
https://www.freelancer.com/projects/C-Programming-C-Sharp-Programming/XBOX-software-mount-run-GOD.html

I'm asking a little more functions there but if a dash launch plugin its out of discussion its always ok just a regular .xex file that can mount and run a GOD file from a custom path because i can execute the xex file at any time via FTPDLL using EXEC command.