RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
unleashed7

Why Xell Reloaded stucks at "fat Mount uda0"?

Firstly, sorry if I make mistakes, my english isn't perfect.

I searched everywhere for a help, but I found only topics who failed at update or flashed a bad NAND, so I hope here I will get an answer.

I had a 16547 dashboard and I wanted to update to 16767. I have a trinity xbox. The only thing what I've done before update, it's a copy of my NAND with Flash360, because of the xeBuild. I made the updflash.bin like before, but when I put in root of a FAT32 flash drive and started the xbox with eject, nothing happens, I mean the Xell stucks after writing my drive name, at "fat Mount uda0" or before that, with something "SATA..." and now I don't know what to do. I think before I tried to update, the Xell worked today, because after some rows, the "fat Mount uda0" it's changing with other row continuously, but I think that is the normal state if you don't want to do anything with Xell. But now I can't do nothing, I tried to "reupdate" the 16547 but it's the same with that too. My xbox is working, FSD and others, so I can play, but now I can't update if it will be needed for future games.

post-17158-0-85133500-1413227116_thumb.jpg

Thanks in advice!

You have a hitachi drive or your liteon tray is open, it's a known issue in XeLL-Reloaded 0.993, which i believe i fixed later on... but... haven't released it as nobody properly verified it to be working ok after i did some changes to hopefully solve it...

If you download Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.4b it can get the CPUKey for you from dash instead... it's also much better then Flash360 ;)

no need to flash the nand... just removing the dvd drive will solve the problem as the drive doesn't end up in a state of waiting for the console and the console doesn't wait for the dvd... which is what the problem is basically...

Thank you for your reply! I never opened my Xbox case, but I think now it will be necessary, but what sould I do first? Can you give a list in ordin what I need to do?

1. Remove the dvd cable

2. Start my console with tray open button and the update will work

3. Plug in the dvd cable

or

1. Remove the dvd cable

2. Make a new update with xeBuild with a new NAND file (Simple 360 Nand Flasher)

3. Start my console with tray open button and the update will work

4. Plug in the dvd cable

Anything else, what should I do? And thank you again for helping me.

I'm sorry, probably just I don't get it, but now what? I've done what you said and yes, I've got the CPUKey too.

Just follow the instructions from here: http://xebuildtut.xeupd.com/ you can skip the step for getting cpukey as you already have it... other then that, just follow the instructions =)

Oh, how I missed that part. The Xell still not working, so I have to update everytime with Simple360, but I'm glad that it working this way. I saw the option that the program can write the NAND, not just dump it, but I didn't had the courage to try it. I feel like a noob. Anyway, thank you very much for your time and support!

Have a nice day!

Another solution consists to downgrade the Xell version in your nand . To do this, download Xell Reloaded version 0.991, copy xell-2f.bin and xell-gggggg.bin and paste them into working directory of Xebuild GUI directory. Build a new nand and flash your Xbox.

Another solution consists to downgrade the Xell version in your nand . To do this, download Xell Reloaded version 0.991, copy xell-2f.bin and xell-gggggg.bin and paste them into working directory of Xebuild GUI directory. Build a new nand and flash your Xbox.

Didn't work for me, fucking Hitachi drive! I don't want to remove it because sometimes I watch some DVD movies.

Didn't work for me, fucking Hitachi drive! I don't want to remove it because sometimes I watch some DVD movies.

Do you really need xell tho?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Do you really need xell tho?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Nope, but I wanted to play some games on Mupen64-360.

I think Mupen64-360 v0.993 have the same issue if it uses the DVD... not sure... if it doesn't use the DVD... you can launch it from the aurora filemanager :)

I think Mupen64-360 v0.993 have the same issue if it uses the DVD... not sure... if it doesn't use the DVD... you can launch it from the aurora filemanager :)

I tried running it through everything: USB, HDD, DVD, and none worked =(

I don't know if you're the person who do this, but did you check the new dashboard update, Swizzy? I asked on Xbox Support what's new on it and they said it adds some stability stuff

I tried running it through everything: USB, HDD, DVD, and none worked =(

I don't know if you're the person who do this, but did you check the new dashboard update, Swizzy? I asked on Xbox Support what's new on it and they said it adds some stability stuff

I'm not the person that does look at it much, but i am in contact with one of them that do... and he didn't tell me about anything major new... kernel changed... hv didn't... all i can really say... and of course, there's no new bootloaders or anything like that...

Did you have the mupen64 folder as described in the readme? if not; that's why it's not working... otherwise i need a little bit more information...

• Like 1

I'm not the person that does look at it much, but i am in contact with one of them that do... and he didn't tell me about anything major new... kernel changed... hv didn't... all i can really say... and of course, there's no new bootloaders or anything like that...

Did you have the mupen64 folder as described in the readme? if not; that's why it's not working... otherwise i need a little bit more information...

Yes, mupen64-360 folder and xenon.elf in the same folder, right?

Mupen64-360 V0.96 works fine

So, 0.993 does use the DVD code... you'll have to run 0.992 or recompile it without DVD support

I was trying to use the V0.992 version, and I got V0.993 working because it does not uses USB and DVD, and just shows my HDD

But when I try to run a rom it returns to the Xell blue screen

How can I recompile 0.993 version without the DVD code?

EDIT: I'm following Free60's tutorial to install Xenon Toolchain, I'll check other tutorials too

I was trying to use the V0.992 version, and I got V0.993 working because it does not uses USB and DVD, and just shows my HDD

But when I try to run a rom it returns to the Xell blue screen

How can I recompile 0.993 version without the DVD code?

You have to setup a Libxenon toolchain, then you need to edit the 0.993 code and comment out anything related to DVD and just compile it =)

I can't even install the Cygwin stuff required, I think I'll give up lol

I used Vbox by Oracle to install a virtual Linux machine :)

I couldn't get Cygwin to work either ;)

I used Vbox by Oracle to install a virtual Linux machine :)

I couldn't get Cygwin to work either ;)

I'm installing Debian on VirtualBox at the moment, hehe