RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Update Information - Aurora 0.3b

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to provide everyone with a little preview of what we have been working on for version 0.3b of Aurora.  The primary focus of this update is to provide more 'must-have' functionality to help push Aurora into the go-to dash replacement.

Additions

File Manager - This feature has been asked for by MANY, here it is!  We completely designed and coded a file manager that feels natural to use on an Xbox 360.  It handles all the standard functionality such as copy, paste, delete, rename, new directory, etc.  One feature that makes this file manager stand out above other iterations is that it tries to help you identify what's what when browsing the internal hard drive; see the screenshot below for an example:

fcsehs.jpg

Trainer Loading - We've been working closely with the XYZ Project developers in making a framework for Trainers which will load with games, this framework makes it very easy for other developers to build new trainers which can be loaded directly with Aurora!

Single File Language Packs - We've seen several requests to add additional supported languages.  Well... we've heard what you said... you'll now be able to share a translation without having to modify the skin, you'll be able to change your language in Aurora without having to return to the Xbox Dashboard, and you'll be able to use any language you want, even made up ones.  (By the way- mad props to the first person that translates Aurora into 100% legitimate Klingon.)

Changes

• Improved the way Aurora boots; opening the game list into a loaded coverflow
  • Large game databases now work as intended
  • Trailers no longer need to be downloaded, they're now streamed directly from xbox.com! (They can still be downloaded if you like your local copies)
  • Fix misc. bugs and issues we found through out.

Stay tuned for the upcoming release.  As usual; thanks for helping us test and improve Aurora and we look forward to bringing more functionality in the future.

Standard Note:  The above list is our current target, most of which is nearly complete.  If something is missing during the final release of Aurora 0.3b and was listed above- then something happened and it wasn't quite ready for release.

Thanks!

This is Amazing, and what I personally have been waiting for. The File Manager is awesome, it has been a bit of a pain in the past to figure out what those folders are. As for the trainer loader, that is amazing also. It would be nice, if they added it to the hud, like link. hint hint..... lol :) Keep up the good work. Also curious if you guys were going to add an option for launching/ripping games from disc?

• Like 4

This is Amazing, and what I personally have been waiting for. The File Manager is awesome, it has been a bit of a pain in the past to figure out what those folders are. As for the trainer loader, that is amazing also. It would be nice, if they added it to the hud, like link. hint hint..... lol :) Keep up the good work. Also curious if you guys were going to add an option for launching/ripping games from disc?

At this point in time, we plan for you to insert your DVD (it pops in the file manager) and then you can copy everything in the disc to your HDD or USB drive.  We figure that will be good enough for DVD ripping and launching.

I ran some tests on timing, and it works the same speed if not faster than the ripping in F3.

bitchin. you are working with the best trainer makers out there XYZ Project. your rock. i just cant wait for webUI, lol. i know wip 

Thanks for this AWSOME!!! Update!!! WAitng on Matrix mode and for dry cleaning to be implemented or wait i was wanting ez bake oven mode..Do what you want I dont care anymore.... None the less Great job And great work as always!!!  Edit sorry for no help on bug reports i'm always at work 12 hr shifts someone always beats me to it :( Actually sometimes i try to go to freestyle dash with it being my default startup dashboard in dash launch when i hit the home buuton to return to fsd it will rebbot back to aurora anyone else having this not really an issue? Its probably my setup not soo much Aurora...

This is an amazing update, like always... thanks a lot for your hard work.

i was wondering if it possible to improve the dlc viewer to show the NOT installed dlc somehow, just like xm360.

Thanks for this AWSOME!!! Update!!! WAitng on Matrix mode and for dry cleaning to be implemented or wait i was wanting ez bake oven mode..Do what you want I dont care anymore.... None the less Great job And great work as always!!!  Edit sorry for no help on bug reports i'm always at work 12 hr shifts someone always beats me to it :( Actually sometimes i try to go to freestyle dash with it being my default startup dashboard in dash launch when i hit the home buuton to return to fsd it will rebbot back to aurora anyone else having this not really an issue? Its probably my setup not soo much Aurora...

If F3 is loaded first, when you launch Aurora, the plugin settings will be overruled.

If you turn of 'Load Plugin at boot' in the plugin options of Aurora, the F3 setting is kept and using the home button in hud will return to freestyle.

This is an amazing update, like always... thanks a lot for your hard work.

i was wondering if it possible to improve the dlc viewer to show the NOT installed dlc somehow, just like xm360.

Probably not going to happen, would be another list to keep track of...

The only Point i would also like to see on this *WOW* :thumbup: Dashboard would be the integration of the connectx plugin!!!

It's the only thing that let's me stay mainly on FSD3, because all my games are stored on a NAS, which works really nice on a Synology NAS!

PLEASE make it possible to use this plugin in Aurora!

Until now AWESOME work guys!!! THANKS!!!!!

i loved F3 manager with 2 tabs at the same time,  this is better to use?

This has 2 tabs as well.  They are viewable with the LB and RB buttons.

good job! might be possible to implement the bar having muentra FSD3 in which memory and hard drive temperatures? where I can see the memory in aurora?  :baby:

At this point in time, we plan for you to insert your DVD (it pops in the file manager) and then you can copy everything in the disc to your HDD or USB drive.  We figure that will be good enough for DVD ripping and launching.

I ran some tests on timing, and it works the same speed if not faster than the ripping in F3.

that works for me, I can live with that, it isnt as nice as inserting a disc, and having a window pop up asking if you want to rip the disk, or launch it.

Plz add some back ground sounds for your future updates,,,

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Plz add some back ground sounds for your future updates,,,

What good will that do?

What good will that do?

It's good thing bcz we can't hear anything(tick tick tuk tuk) for change the games and change the menu it's keep silently