RealModScene
JPizzle

Welcome PLEX on Xbox

Plex-Media-Server.jpg

Plex enthusiasts have been waiting for this day for a very long time and the day has finally come by friends, Plex has officially been released for the XboxOne and Xbox 360 consoles. Plex for Xbox is currently available for free to Plex Pass subscribers only. In the future, it will be made available, for a fee, to those without a Plex Pass. In addition to the Xbox app, a Plex Pass also gives you exclusive premium features and early access to new ones.

For those of you that were wondering why they had a substantial price increase recently, now you know why.

For more information please visit the official website: https://plex.tv/xbox

Considering that Plex started out as a fork of XBMC, it seems appropriate for it to come full circle and return to the Xbox. 

Kinda poetic... 

• Like 9

Ok. I need some help please.

I have downloaded this on my xbox 360 (unmodded xbox 360) and then I transferred it to my RGH xbox 360.

When I try and use it looks like I need to be signed into Xbox live before it will open. Is their any workround for this ? maybe something a setting in dash launch that I don't know about. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also note: I tried to start the plex app offline and it will not start. Looks like we cant use this without a xbox live connection. I hope im wrong

Ok. I need some help please.

I have downloaded this on my xbox 360 (unmodded xbox 360) and then I transferred it to my RGH xbox 360.

When I try and use it looks like I need to be signed into Xbox live before it will open. Is their any workround for this ? maybe something a setting in dash launch that I don't know about. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also note: I tried to start the plex app offline and it will not start. Looks like we cant use this without a xbox live connection. I hope im wrong

No work around at this time... sorry...

I wonder if these apps will ever get patched to work without xbl

Highly unlikely

I guess its technically not possible? But i doubt the apps are dependant to xbl servers. It looks like authentication for me. Since you dont need gold for this i dont see any purpose of xbl connection.

I guess its technically not possible? But i doubt the apps are dependant to xbl servers. It looks like authentication for me. Since you dont need gold for this i dont see any purpose of xbl connection.

Yeah, they do some authentication which cannot be spoofed without a shitton of reversing which for a very small amount of value...

Yeah, they do some authentication which cannot be spoofed without a shitton of reversing which for a very small amount of value...

Thought we already have spoof with dashlaunch.

Thought we already have spoof with dashlaunch.

We have Xbox Live spoof, meaning the console/kernel believes it is connected to Xbox Live, but that is not everything... for Plex etc. you need to connect to live to get an authentication key, that is not spoofed or even possible to just do a tiny flag change and have it work... those need to compute stuff and be spot-on, for that you need alot of reversing...

• Like 1

Swizzy is right. You have to rewrite the app to remove xbl authentication and to do that you should have the source code (or doing a lot of reverse engineering)

Someone knows an alternative to Plex to share videos from pc to xbox that works on jtag?

Or if people want plex that bad is it not free to download and run from pc or a cheap now tv box just a thought. :-) personally i don't like it xbmc much better

Swizzy is right. You have to rewrite the app to remove xbl authentication and to do that you should have the source code (or doing a lot of reverse engineering)

Someone knows an alternative to Plex to share videos from pc to xbox that works on jtag?

TVersity, UniversalMediaServer (UMS) both work with streaming to your console using the built-in media player, i believe plex works for that also (if you run it as a server on another computer in your network)

• Like 2