RealModScene
Squall Bonilla

Please help Watch dogs Title Update compatibilite error

Hello people i want to know how i can fix the problem with Title update in watch dogs?

i download the title update from xbuc.net the game MID: 54A95DF1 and then i copy the TU in the folder when start the game this shows that the TU is not compatible because the game was updated in another version i have rgh with dash 16756 and the TU is version 4 anybody knows the solution?. thanks. Attach the default.xex default.rar

Hello people i want to know how i can fix the problem with Title update in watch dogs?

i download the title update from xbuc.net the game MID: 54A95DF1 and then i copy the TU in the folder when start the game this shows that the TU is not compatible because the game was updated in another version i have rgh with dash 16756 and the TU is version 4 anybody knows the solution?. thanks. Attach the default.xex attachicon.gifdefault.rar

Well the ones on XBUC doesn't have the MediaID they display... unless i messed up in my checker tool i just wrote...

2e541zc.png

Also, you're using Disc2, maybe that's why?

** edit: **

For instance, the MediaID for disc 2 with BaseVersion 3 is: 173F8504 while for the TU it's: 3547CA94 which suggests to me that the TU is for Disc 1, not Disc 2 (and because of that, you should be using Default.xex from disc 1 and not 2)

You don't need any of the defaul.xex files at all for this game. Just the original "game.xex" and title update in right place on HDD.

This works fine for XEX rip, but if someone wants to use DLC with GOD version, then game.xex needs to be renamed to default.xex and then patched with xextool before creating GOD package.

EDIT: Media ID: 173F8504 is the right media ID for game.xex which is the same as in Title Update

http://www.xbuc.net/browse/?search=173F8504

Also 2 discs needs to be merged in the right way. Here is how my version looks on hard drive:

W_D_structure.jpg

As you can see i have only "game.xex" inside game's folder without any of the "default.xex" files.
Thanks to that not only game is launchable via FSD Box Art menu but also works with TUs and DLCs without any problems.

• Like 1

You don't need any of the defaul.xex files at all for this game. Just the original "game.xex" and title update in right place on HDD.

This works fine for XEX rip, but if someone wants to use DLC with GOD version, then game.xex needs to be patched with xextool and then renamed to default.xex before creating GOD package.

All the xex's have the same TitleID/MediaID/Baseversion tho, what "patch" is it you're speaking of that needs to be done?

Game has the same Title ID, but Media ID is different for game's region so it's not always the same. I was talking about updating original xex (game.xex) with game.xexp from title update so you no longer need title update on your hard drive if you want to use DLC (game is already updated that way). But that's only if someone wants to play from GOD container. If you have XEX rip all you need is "game.xex" and title update in right place. It's the best way to play this game on Jtag/RGH console.

Look on my file structure. I don't have default.xex file and thanks to that I can boot W_D from Box Art menu in FSD with TU#4 enabled without  any problems.

EDIT: Media ID is also always different for Disc number. Disc 1 and Disc 2 have the same Title ID, but Media ID is always different.

Hi everyone,

I tried yesterday your solution ESTE but it didn't work at home.

I have the same structure as your screenshot but my game.xex is renamed default.xex.

If I change back to game.xex, the game doesn't work anymore (unreadable disc error).

Do you have a solution please ?

Thanking you in advance.

I can give you my game.xex and if it will match your media ID, then it will help.
I will upload it and give you link on your PM.
Transfer that file to your W_D folder and try it.

Thank you for your game.xex

Not renamed = unreadable disc error

Renamed default.xex = the game does run and the MediaID is 173F8504

Added the corresponding MefiaID TU downloaded from XBUC and added the DLC (both in the Content directory with the corresponding TitleID)

Launch the game results to the following error : "Conflict error : This game has been updated to an incompatible version"

I'll give the GOD method a try and revert here.

Thanks.

The GOD method doesn't work as the installation of DVD 1 can't go till the end.

Btw, I tried to patch the default.xex with TU4 but I get 'unreadable disc' error.

Do I have to use DVD 1 default.xex or the DVD 2 one? I'm also confuse with the game.xex, if I use it instead of default.xex the game starts but it's stuck on a <prompt> message and can't do anything.

try my edited default.xex which will allow direct TU download from the usual place in FSD3 TU manager.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/3384-watch-dogs/?p=25583

try launching the game as a GOD from  -

Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\54A95DF1\00070000\GOD DATA FILES HERE  (DISC 1)

Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\54A95DF1\00070000\GOD LAUNCH FILE HERE (DISC 1

Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\1DEB466B\00070000\GOD DATA FILES HERE  (DISC 2)

Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\1DEB466B\00070000\GOD LAUNCH FILES HERE  (DISC 2)

(rather than from a GOD from FSD3 file manager not in that location)-

Once DLC installed delete disc 1 from cover flow (your find the box art in XLBA so just move it to xbox 360 section).

I haven't personally tried this method on this game but it worked for me with Far Cry 4 and the TU1 problems I was having.

this method worked for me with Far Cry 4 and the TU1 error everyone gets. My Watchdogs works fine from the edited default.xex but I do get an error like you when it comes to booting game.xex in Dragon Age Inquisition.  I found it was fine to boot it from FSD3 File Manager but launching it from box art causes fatal crash.

hello, I have the same error, someone could give me the default.xex match the updates ?, thanks.

No, they cannot... it's copyright protected data which isn't allowed to be linked to from this site...

This works fine for XEX rip, but if someone wants to use DLC with GOD version, then game.xex needs to be renamed to default.xex and then patched with xextool before creating GOD package.

EDIT: Media ID: 173F8504 is the right media ID for game.xex which is the same as in Title Update

http://www.xbuc.net/browse/?search=173F8504

Also 2 discs needs to be merged in the right way. Here is how my version looks on hard drive:

W_D_structure.jpg

As you can see i have only "game.xex" inside game's folder without any of the "default.xex" files.

Thanks to that not only game is launchable via FSD Box Art menu but also works with TUs and DLCs without any problems.

hey dude, not to be annoying or anything, but you're the only person i know with THE update I need, could you upload the file? I cant seem to goto the link you've posted, thanks