RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Cozypowell7126

Can't FTP using 360content manager

Hi

I have been away for a while as in the Navy.

Updated to this new slick Aurora (which is great)

However I always FTP'd using 360 Content Manager.

I am getting a successful connection

(shown in picture)

However trying to connect to xbox after I am getting

FSD did not respond.

(Shown again in picture)

Do j now have to transfer games over another way now?

Can someone help please

Pictures

c914d91a7d49e8de456c36c97b56a084.jpg

3e5f0eb7f9ac73037ad810e9ca829e93.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you read what it says in the second screenshot of yours, you'll see why it isn't working... Aurora doesn't support SMB/Samba, and 360ContentManager doesn't use FTP... it uses SMB/Samba

I see.

I gone back to using XEX menu.

I take it that's what u use?

Or does everyone else use something different?

I'm using Aurora, but... i don't use 360ContentManager :p

What do u use to transfer all your games?

As I am using XEXMENU.

Mostly i use a USB HDD, so i don't have to transfer them anywhere... otherwise... i usually use the Aurora FTP with Filezilla

I got Filezilla and Aurora. I did everything but i couldn't connect throught FTP. should i connect the console via wire cable? User and password login are xboxftp

• Like 1

I got Filezilla and Aurora. I did everything but i couldn't connect throught FTP. should i connect the console via wire cable? User and password login are xboxftp

You may need to change the transfer mode to Active for it to work, that's what i use... otherwise you should be getting an error message in the log, tell me what it says there and i'll try to help you further... it doesn't matter if you use wifi or wired, both works fine for me...

Hello.

Yes you can use FTP. If both devices are on the same network. Use Filezilla FTP and put the ip address of your xbox360. Login and pass should be xbox.

Easy.

Regards.

is there any way to connecte aurora to pc for transfer file wirless ?

Yes, it's called FTP :)

Hello.

Yes you can use FTP. If both devices are on the same network. Use Filezilla FTP and put the ip address of your xbox360. Login and pass should be xbox.

Easy.

Regards.

The default username/password for Aurora is xboxftp

I freshly installed Aurora... 360 content manager provides a feature which uploads everything in the correct path and unlock DLCs too... Filezila does not provide such thing. is there any chance that Aurora gets SMB in future or, is 360 content manager going to be updated? 

I freshly installed Aurora... 360 content manager provides a feature which uploads everything in the correct path and unlock DLCs too... Filezila does not provide such thing. is there any chance that Aurora gets SMB in future or, is 360 content manager going to be updated?

Eventually it probably will have SMB support, i'm not sure if 360 Content Manager will be updated to use FTP or not...

You may need to change the transfer mode to Active for it to work, that's what i use... otherwise you should be getting an error message in the log, tell me what it says there and i'll try to help you further... it doesn't matter if you use wifi or wired, both works fine for me...

Cheers Swizzy just changed to active and now can FTP into xexmenu were I had issues before. Used passive as filezilla default was fine for Aurora but xexmenu puzzled me lol 

• Like 1

As it goes 360 Content Manager DOES support FTP and it DOES work with Aurora, you just need to change the login and password in Aurora settings to match FSD's and then 360CM will work. The only reason you need SMB in 360CM is if you want to view your xbox hard drive on your pc.

The FTP function will upload any 360 content directly to the correct place on your internal hard drive, ie XBLA/DLC/Profiles etc all wil go into the correct folders.

The login and password you need are both xbox, change it in Auroras settings.

• Like 1

NECRO!!!

Open "ContentManager.exe.config with notepad++ or any text editor and change the FTP username and password from "xbox" to "xboxftp" and it'll work fine. You can also update the username and password in Aurora as others have said.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:31 PM, KilluminatiStyle said:

NECRO!!!

Open "ContentManager.exe.config with notepad++ or any text editor and change the FTP username and password from "xbox" to "xboxftp" and it'll work fine. You can also update the username and password in Aurora as others have said.

Or.. you can just hit the settings menu within 360 content manager.. and change it that way