RealModScene
gangrel_1313

Theoretical Question about DashLaunch and Gold Apps

I was thinking and searched google, specifically about IE app for the new dashboard, seeing that it requires Xbox Live Gold, couldnt someone just implement a FakeGold feature like they did for FakeLive? to fool the console into thinking it has Live Gold? This is just Theoretical, I have no idea if gold apps call to Live servers to verify Live Gold authenticity or whatever. Is that at all possible so we could use certain apps that are gold?

Thanks

I was thinking and searched google, specifically about IE app for the new dashboard, seeing that it requires Xbox Live Gold, couldnt someone just implement a FakeGold feature like they did for FakeLive? to fool the console into thinking it has Live Gold? This is just Theoretical, I have no idea if gold apps call to Live servers to verify Live Gold authenticity or whatever. Is that at all possible so we could use certain apps that are gold?

Thanks

Gold check calls home (ms)

again this is all theoretical !

so there would be no way of tricking the gold check into calling a different location or file (that has gold info (email/pass) that the user inputs ... theirs or there friends) and send that data off to ms to return a "fakegold" kind of status?

I would love to be able to use netflix on my RGH .. lol

Unless its possible to fake Gold, I dont think there will be an option for Netflix, I do believe someone could take source code and perhaps port a web browser to the xbox (even though I have been wanting a browser for the longest time, and people said whats the point? Use your computer, Well it must have been requested quite a bit if MS put one on the xbox)

I have gold when I use fakelive on my profile... none of the premium apps complain about needing gold anymore, though they did in a beta version of fakelive (I messed with a flag in my Account inside of my profile to flag it as being gold instead of silver) - the problem is the token server requires an authenticated live connection before you can start using 3rd party things (like sign into youtube to view videos, or request web pages in IE - I can in fact run IE and browse to sites, but they never load or even produce an error to show they aren't gonna ever load.)