RealModScene
vurushi

How to install Terraria on XBOX 360 JTAG/RGH

HI! I downloaded Terraria 1.2 on my  xbox 360 but when i  launch the game do nothing . I extracted the game but only tutorial works. Terraria 1.1 works correctly but why 1.2 dont work ?  :wallbash:

• Like 1

Instead of using the GOD package use the ISO_rebuild. Extract the ISO. Pull the folder from the Content/000000000000000000/5841128F and copy that to your internal HDD. Then scan for content using your Aurora. Download BOTH TU 7's. Activate one and try the game. If it works you are finished. If it doesn't work activate the other. You are done.

• Like 1

So... I must extract the rebuild  ISO then Install TU7?   I HAVE FSD D:   !

Instead of using the GOD package use the ISO_rebuild. Extract the ISO. Pull the folder from the Content/000000000000000000/5841128F and copy that to your internal HDD. Then scan for content using your Aurora. Download BOTH TU 7's. Activate one and try the game. If it works you are finished. If it doesn't work activate the other. You are done.

I have this game on my xbox, so I know it works. If you bought it on disk, copy the content folder from the disk to your hdd, or usbMU. this is where the xbox stores xbla games, so then it will show up as an arcade game, which is what it is.

"This game requires a system update "  :(   I donwloaded 2 TU7 , I extrected the rebuild ISO!  

I have this game on my xbox, so I know it works. If you bought it on disk, copy the content folder from the disk to your hdd, or usbMU. this is where the xbox stores xbla games, so then it will show up as an arcade game, which is what it is.

If it requires a system update, you need to update your kernel on your xbox. Read the first link in my sig, and it will point you in the right direction. I personally use j-runner for all system updates, with the xebuild updserv option. This requires you to open the latest dashlaunch installer on the xbox with the updserv option enabled under configurator, then downloading the 17150 usb update, and xebuild files with j-runner. you also need to know your system hack type. set dash version, latest is 17150, make sure it installs dashlaunch by default, and hit the update button. Wait until it says it is done, and then reboot the xbox. if your kernel is really old, you will also have to flash your drive, as updating this way will not update the firmware on the drive. :( but if you are running any rgh2/r-jtag dash, this isnt required. Basically, if the hack was done before 13599 you will need to do this to get the drive to play/rip the newest games.

• Like 1

I have updated my 360 in november 2014 with kernel 17150. But my kinect is not updated.

My xbox is have the newest kernel.

If it requires a system update, you need to update your kernel on your xbox. Read the first link in my sig, and it will point you in the right direction. I personally use j-runner for all system updates, with the xebuild updserv option. This requires you to open the latest dashlaunch installer on the xbox with the updserv option enabled under configurator, then downloading the 17150 usb update, and xebuild files with j-runner. you also need to know your system hack type. set dash version, latest is 17150, make sure it installs dashlaunch by default, and hit the update button. Wait until it says it is done, and then reboot the xbox. if your kernel is really old, you will also have to flash your drive, as updating this way will not update the firmware on the drive. :( but if you are running any rgh2/r-jtag dash, this isnt required. Basically, if the hack was done before 13599 you will need to do this to get the drive to play/rip the newest games.

Install the kinect update, by putting the 17150 usb update on a usb stick, and renaming $systemupdate to $$ystemupdate then boot to NXE by holding RB while booting, and insert the usb. It will ask you to update. hit ok. It will install the avatar/kinect update that is missing, and fix this problem. Make sure you use the version that you have the kernel for, or you will brick your xbox, and will need a hardware flasher to fix it.

Install the kinect update, by putting the 17150 usb update on a usb stick, and renaming $systemupdate to $$ystemupdate then boot to NXE by holding RB while booting, and insert the usb. It will ask you to update. hit ok. It will install the avatar/kinect update that is missing, and fix this problem. Make sure you use the version that you have the kernel for, or you will brick your xbox, and will need a hardware flasher to fix it.

Can you give me a link where i can download this update for kinect?

Microsoft is a unreliable source, at any given moment Microsoft can replace the files but have the versions be the same, most ppl don't hash check the files and just use them as-is, if they're replaced it can cause a disaster...

It's by far better to go with GXArena (it's maintained by me, and i'm in no way working with microsoft or any other company that have any interest in causing problems for you, so GXArena is a safe option to use)

• Like 2

Never heard of exchanging files.

What can be the reasons, what do they change for what reason and what would be the affects?

Its hilarious that the first source is therefore not recommended. Im confused.

Microsoft could be installed functions, which are undesirable, or disadvantageous for JTAG/RGH user. This could be many different things, so its not easily to give an easy answer.

Never heard of exchanging files.

What can be the reasons, what do they change for what reason and what would be the affects?

Its hilarious that the first source is therefore not recommended. Im confused.

Well, it's not recommended as Microsoft can put up a new update that seek out and destroy consoles with RGH/JTAG modifications, it's not like it's hard for them to do, it is however not something they have done YET, just because they haven't done so yet doesn't mean they never will...

Besides, GXArena is maintained by me, someone you can trust... i have no gain in f*ing up your console, Microsoft on the other hand; f*ck up your console and you maybe buy a new one, who wins on that? well microsoft!!

If you want proof of microsoft doing things that could harm modified consoles look at dash update 2.0.13146.0, when they released it they reflashed most DVD drives, why did they do that? well 2 reasons; 1. It allowed older models to read the new disc format they had created, 2. It put some serious sticks in the wheels of end-users whom had modified consoles, some consoles simply refuse to update, some get stuck in the middle of the updates etc. etc.

What if they do something similar except targeting RGH/JTAG consoles?

• Like 2

The only thing what i can see for now that they can pre release a newer update which should be noticeable by the name of the file.

As you said they never did something like that for rgh before the rest is for rgh users irrelevant. I doubt they will ever do that and technically it should not be really possible.

We pre install our hacked dashes which will maintain so i dont see the problem.

Did you try to manipulate the files on your own so that our rgh is destroyed? If you dont manage to do that i doubt it will be able for m$ to do. I get my updates from there always and never had any problems. We also would hear from people who are modding from all over the world as i bet there is someone right now who is downloading the file for a kernel upgrade on a rgh. My thought. But im aware now of the impossible possibiliy :)

It wouldnt be to hard for ms to put a provision in the update to look for a modded hipervisor, and have it erase the nand, and blow all the efuses. this wouldnt effect RGH2, and rgh2+ to much, but imagine the damage that would do to dual nand consoles. And if they can blow the efuses, imagine what else they could blow. Imagine if they were to change the smc config to overvolt the cpu/gpu to the point that when it reboots, the whole chip burns up, or the southbridge, or a combination there of. if microsoft really wanted to, they could do all sorts of fun things, that I am sure you havnt thought of. If they wanted they could cause a lot of damage to the board. A worm that disables the fans if it has a modified hipervisor would be another option. As I said, having an intimate knowledge of computers in general, I have seen stuff like this. There is also the other option that they run a hack that would disable the southbridge from reading the nand also, so it wont load the custom smc.

Generally, I dont see them doing that, as i am sure it would create a giant legal circle. The person whos xbox sues them for what they did, microsoft files a counter suit, and who do you think is going to win that..... Obviously the person who has the money to draw it out longer, and I know I dont have the money to fight one of the biggest names in software development, over a piece of hardware that only costs 100$ these days. :(

The only thing what i can see for now that they can pre release a newer update which should be noticeable by the name of the file.

As you said they never did something like that for rgh before the rest is for rgh users irrelevant. I doubt they will ever do that and technically it should not be really possible.

We pre install our hacked dashes which will maintain so i dont see the problem.

Did you try to manipulate the files on your own so that our rgh is destroyed? If you dont manage to do that i doubt it will be able for m$ to do. I get my updates from there always and never had any problems. We also would hear from people who are modding from all over the world as i bet there is someone right now who is downloading the file for a kernel upgrade on a rgh. My thought. But im aware now of the impossible possibiliy :)

How hard would it be for them to put a new file there, not change the name of the file and just have the data being different?

The console don't look for $SystemUpdate_Version.zip or even $SystemUpdate_Version, it looks for $SystemUpdate and inside it'll find su...... which holds version in the bytes, how many do you think checks that file? :)

There currently isn't a problem, more that it's not recommended as they CAN without any warning change things, a retail console wouldn't have a problem updating with a different version, hell, even if they didn't change the actual dash version they could just change the SU header version tricking the console into thinking it's a new kernel that get's installed over the current no matter what version you've got...

What does me modding the SU have to do with microsoft's ability to do so? they have by far more knowledge than i ever will about the console, after all THEY MADE IT! and then there's the signature, i don't have the private key used to sign updates... they do! so, clearly they have 2 serious advantages over me in doing so... NEVER EVER say they cannot do things like this...

Basically, i'm just trying to get ppl to stop using bad habits and go for the safe card instead... feel free to call me an idiot in the process, but... if/when microsoft f*ck up your console, don't come to me asking for help fixing it yes? ;)

• Like 1

Do you have contpatch set up in dashlaunch? they changed how this worked for games, so now you have to list them by titleIDs, or something like that in launch.ini. Since it is a live arcade game, even though you bought it on disk, when you put it in content folder with the other live arcade games, the xbe launcher is no longer patching that on the fly, so the xbox thinks it is a trial. Dont know why c0z changed the way contpatch works, as I liked it better the other way personally, but now that it is running, it shouldnt be too hard to adjust your launch.ini to fix this. :) Try using the latest dashlaunch installer, you can edit the ini on the xbox with it, and dont even need to know anything about ini files.(Which is one of the oldest/easiest forms of configuration files to edit manually.) :)

Do you have contpatch set up in dashlaunch? they changed how this worked for games, so now you have to list them by titleIDs, or something like that in launch.ini. Since it is a live arcade game, even though you bought it on disk, when you put it in content folder with the other live arcade games, the xbe launcher is no longer patching that on the fly, so the xbox thinks it is a trial. Dont know why c0z changed the way contpatch works, as I liked it better the other way personally, but now that it is running, it shouldnt be too hard to adjust your launch.ini to fix this. :) Try using the latest dashlaunch installer, you can edit the ini on the xbox with it, and dont even need to know anything about ini files.(Which is one of the oldest/easiest forms of configuration files to edit manually.) :)

It was split into pieces, you don't have to define titleid's it shall patch.,. no idea where you got that from? the reason for the split was to try and find out where some issues are...

Maybe I misunderstood what I was reading, but I could have sworn that I read you could have it only patch certain games. It has been a while, since I have messed with it.

Maybe I misunderstood what I was reading, but I could have sworn that I read you could have it only patch certain games. It has been a while, since I have messed with it.

That's a feature related to fakelive...

• Like 1

But yes, you're right tho... Dashlaunch added "autocont" aswell iirc (might have the name wrong) but basically a content patch thingy linked with autofake (fakelive for specific content)