RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
l2360

getting desperate. unable to join any games

hi.

i wanted to know if the connection test has aynthing to say about correct configuration. because whether they fail or not does not change the outcome for me. which is that i cannot join any games at all.

i have my laptop and my xbox connected to the router via ethernet cable. my phone connecrs via wifi. i never had any trouble besides some lengthy f*cking around with settings to set up the wifi.

- when nothing worked on the orignal ports 3071 and 3072 i changed them to 1001 and 1002 respectively

- my xbox can connect to the internet, which is shown by the long time it takes for it to fail connecting to live everytime the xbox boots and the fact

that i can download covers and TUs without problem (weather doesn't work but that seems to have a different reason)

- my xbox is 192.168.1.3. the router 1.1, the laptop 1.2 the phone 1.4

- DHCP is enabled, UPNP is not and i don't think my router has any options to change that, UPNP fails regualrly

- dev kit and ping are set accordingly (as shown in the guide button system link menu)

- after a long time of f*cking around i managed to pass all tests (TCP AND UDP), mostly udp fails but right now i got both to pass.

- jqe360 profile is linked successfully (my profile name in the lobby is shown correctly)

- i can join rooms but i cannot open any

- open matches are shown and i can hit join

- then the fun begins: borderlands 2 gives 30 seconds until timeout upon connection, 5 seconds in i get a loading screen, 5 seconds later i am returned to the main menu "connection to the host was lost". in diablo 3:ros i do not get a loading screen at all just an error "problem joining game".

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? WHY OH WHY DOEST THOU TORMENT ME SO?

i tried following the trouble shooting guide with moderate success:

• Are you using the default skin ? > i only have one skin available. i changed the colors though.

• Are you using the most recent kernel and dashlaunch ? > 16767 and 3.12

• Did you cold boot (power console completely off and then back on again) ? > yes and no. i don't boot into fsd directly so i boot into nxe, start xexloader and navigate to fsd from there, since i don't know how to make a shortcut for fsd and don't want my xbox to boot to fsd directly

• Have you tried deleting the plugin, cold booting, then re downloading the plugin update and cold booting again ? > i don't know how to delete/install plugins. i disabled the plugin and enabled it again. then i did the reboot/restart procedure

• Have you checked settings to make sure LiNK is enabled ? > of course

• have you tried re linking your console with your JQE360 account ? > i did and it was done successfully again

• Have you installed the missing avatar/kinect data ($SystemUpdate) ? > i did. the only thing that's missing is the nxe cover art in my games menu

• Have you checked your dashlaunch settings (pingpatch on, devlink off) > i checked it the guide button system link menu and apparently they are set correctly.

• Are you running the latest TU ? > yes and no. i updated borderlands 2. there is a new tu #2 for diablo that nobody has, yet (region free version). i can still see all the open diablo games in my games browser. only i cannot join them

• Are you running any other plugins? If so disable them (dashlaunch plugins like xbdm.xex) > i don't know what that means or how i would check that

• Is there a space in your jqe360.com username or in your gamer tag ? If so remove it. > no there is not

• Have you tried resetting your link.jqe360.com api key and then re linking you console with your account ? > i don't understand but linking my console to the account was successful according to fsd3

so....

what can be done?

/edit: one of the reasons i don't want to boot into fsd directly is the fact that my diablo3:ros GOD won't start from there. i get "cannot start the game. try downloading it again" error. it starts up from nxe perfectly fine. it is the only game i play from hdd, but there is no alternative because my dvd writer is broken.

It sounds to me like you're having a ISP issue... try rebooting your router and/or talk to your ISP... basically, if you can see the games, it's generally not a problem with LiNK itself, it's ussually missing DLC or connection issues between you and whoever you want to play with...

i already reset my router. unplugged the power for a few sec. that fixed the udp fail problem and let to all tests (bar upnp) passing. i actually have all borderlands 2 dlc and updates and diablo 3:ros does not have any dlc and only one tu. i might try another game.

i also don't know how i would explain to my isp that i'm having problem connecting to online games using system link. lol i figure they would just explain how to fix xbox live issues. and what exactly could be the issue here? i have a 16 mbit adsl connection with fastpath and never had trouble with pc online gaming.

ok i have to update: i still cannot join anyone but just now somebody joined me. i had to quit the game because my controler fucked around but for 1-2 minutes i was playing coop. so there IS hope. now if only i could fix the issue of joining myself.

• Are you using the most recent kernel and dashlaunch ? > 16767 and 3.12

Hi,

The 16767 IS NOT an official release. mmm  Just I Say. The most recent and official is 16747.

Atte.

MegaBlitoX

Hi,

The 16767 IS NOT an official release. mmm  Just I Say. The most recent and official is 16747.

Atte.

MegaBlitoX

when i installed the diablo 3 title update the game would no longer start from fsd. so all i could think of was updating my dashboard. apparently it was a problem with fsd and not nxe but i didn't know that. my d3 god install works fine from nxe but not fsd which isn't really a problem but i also see no reason to downgrade now.

when i installed the diablo 3 title update the game would no longer start from fsd. so all i could think of was updating my dashboard. apparently it was a problem with fsd and not nxe but i didn't know that. my d3 god install works fine from nxe but not fsd which isn't really a problem but i also see no reason to downgrade now.

Hi,

If you don't want help and you think that you are right, doing things are not official. I recommend for you, that you will be a downgrade for discard. If this don't work... see other solutions.

In other topics are other problems with other users that they have 16767... the hurry don't leads nowhere.

Atte.

MegaBlitoX