RealModScene
Cater Williams

Given up on LiNK? Router compatibility list

Have you given up on LiNK like I almost did? Have you done everything and it still does not work? Well this thread is a list to display compatible and non-compatible LiNK routers as the router actually can prevent you from playing on LiNK even if all results are a pass. For example, you will get the dreaded "Unable to join game session" on Black Ops 2. 

Compatible:

1) Asus RT-N56U (Tested with ports 1003 and 1004) (You must port forward for LiNK to work with UPNP enabled, works with ethernet and wifi)

2) TP-Link WDR-3600 with OpenWRT installed, used with UPNP enabled works with both ethernet and Wifi

3) Netgear DG834 & N300 using ethernet

Non-compatible:

1) All technicolor routers (from Telstra in Australia)

Kindly post compatible and non-compatible routers so that we can add to this list and assist other potential LiNK users. Also post whether you needed to port forward or it worked without port forwarding. Additionally, post whether it works with ethernet, wifi or both.

Edited by Swizzy
  • Like 1

Thanks Swizzy

Np, UPNP means that it doesn't need portforwarding if that feature is actually working it should do the forwarding automatically ;)

Just upgraded to BT Infinity in the UK and alas Link has stopped working.  Anyone got it to work with a BT Home Hub?  I previously had problems with Belkin & TP Link adsl routers (can't remember model numbers and they're long gone) but was always rock solid with Netgears both Dg834 & N300 models.  Always with ports forwarded and hard wired, can't say I found upnp to actually work.

Np, UPNP means that it doesn't need portforwarding if that feature is actually working it should do the forwarding automatically ;)

Unfortunately not. Some routers, though with UPNP enabled, will not work straight away and do need port forwarding anyway. 

Unfortunately not. Some routers, though with UPNP enabled, will not work straight away and do need port forwarding anyway.

Yeah, but that also means that the feature isn't really working (or it's disabled by default) you didn't fully read what i said did you? i said "if that feature is actually working it should forward automatically"

Yeah, but that also means that the feature isn't really working (or it's disabled by default) you didn't fully read what i said did you? i said "if that feature is actually working it should forward automatically"

Ah... you are right I did not read your post fully. 

You can add "Speedport W723V Typ A" as compatible (both wireless and ethernet). I forwarded the ports.

I wanted the topic creator to add the router to the list.

By the way, this might help you, just activate the DMZ function of your router for the xboxs IP address (and if there are rules for the ports which you set up in FSD, then delete them or change the ports in FSD).

DMZ_Host.jpg

I wanted the topic creator to add the router to the list.

By the way, this might help you, just activate the DMZ function of your router for the xboxs IP address (and if there are rules for the ports which you set up in FSD, then delete them or change the ports in FSD).

Dmz is not permanent solution,

How to setting???

Unable to link

Goto virtual server and

U need to add like this

Xbox 3071 3071 TCP 3071 3071 your console ip

Xbox 3071 3071 UDP 3071 3071 your Console ip

Xbox 3072 3072 TCP 3072 3072 your console ip

Xbox 3072 3072 UDP 3072 3072 your Console ip

Note:make address reservations for your Console

Check your Xbox mac and ip address

Andthen configure to your router

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

me too i cant connect its fail

btw i have router wireless blue-link BL-R31N

and my xbox connet with LAN cable from wireless router 

someone help please :(

update 

post forwarding 

7d8e5b364433619.jpg

same i cant ... fail port

in xbox data port 3071 and then broadcast port 3072

===================================================================================================================

[uPDATE]

LOL, i can play system link , haha with data port and broadcawst fail :| but i can play haha

I have a Cisco EPC3925 router with cable internet. Does it mean i wont be able to use link any way?

Time doesnt shows, data/broadcast ports fails, so as link auth. The Web UI cannot reach the Game XML and Achievements ("404 Not Found")

FTP transfer works properly. The router is set up correctly. (I did that a lot of times. And it is worked with the last ISP.) 

Im wondering if it is all about my actual ISP or it is caused by something else.

If i must talk to my ISP, what should they change ?:D

If you set your Xbox to "exposed host" every Fritzbox above 7140 will work flawlessly!

I have several friends with Fritzbox routers and I have also tested the 7140, 7040, and 7330 by myself.

Can someone please give me an estimate on how much bandwidth would LiNK use per hour? and minimum bandwidth speed per second is required? I am new to this LiNK thing and of course would like to experience it... Cause I am on metered connection and don't wanna risk burning high amount of data on it... 

Although I know about xbox live's usage and requirement... But no one and no site has shared any info about LiNK or at least I couldn't find it, I thought it might be different because LiNK uses system link to get online... 

Thanks in advance for your help and hope someone shows up with help...

2000kbit is minimum. Although i wouldnt play with that.

Important is also the hoster. If you have 100mbit but your opponent only 2mbit your connection is still slow.

Both contributors should have a good down and upstream.

Mobile network is not the right choice.

Can someone please give me an estimate on how much bandwidth would LiNK use per hour? and minimum bandwidth speed per second is required? I am new to this LiNK thing and of course would like to experience it... Cause I am on metered connection and don't wanna risk burning high amount of data on it...

Although I know about xbox live's usage and requirement... But no one and no site has shared any info about LiNK or at least I couldn't find it, I thought it might be different because LiNK uses system link to get online...

Minimum 1Mbps is required for gud connection on link

Unfortunately I have 512kbps connection although I am the first rank on free for all in some matches[emoji6]

If I host the game means defiantly I will be get first rank lol[emoji12] [emoji12]

There's no way anyone can give you anything accurate, it really depends on the game you're playing, each game uses a different amount of traffic, all LiNK is is really a VPN, there are a tiny bit of extra data sent along with the game data, but only to tell the server where it should go...

Some users may watch the traffic usage while playing bo2 for 1 hour. It could be interesting but the purpose i see in your question is that you have a limited traffic which is morelikely a mobile broadband. As said its normally not possible with mobile cause of portforwarding it would also make only sense when you have lte. And then we can talk about the avarage traffic to decite if its worth it or not.