RealModScene
wabashman

Quick and easy way to update your JTAG/RGH

Apparently I solved the problem. I ask for help, but can not stop searching at any time to the same solution. Only this time I did not find, and actually I can not tell how it was that I decided, but I'll try.

I noticed that in the tutorial that I did not install the "$ SystemUpdate" (Avatar / Kinect) and begining, as reported, has made no foul. But the problem, I did the procedure, and no progress begining, did not update as described in the tutorial at all, then by chance, I changed my perfectly called for a "LEO" with a yellow smiley face, and tried again to enter in the game that gave "E71" (Sonic Transformed) and to my surprise, instead of the E71, he asked to upgrade, and with fear a lot, updated, and my happiness and the game loaded normally NXE again enter settings and all the rest normally too.

I leave feedback here to help other people going through the same problem.

hey i cant seem to access xebuild 1.06 - Its saying up the top in the dos box that "invalid parmenters"

I ended up just downloading XeBuild GUI 2.088 from somewhere else and that was easily executable and worked just fine for the tutorial.Sent from my Rooted HTC EVO 4g using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Thanks! Great tutorial!

Maybe a stupid question, but i've done this for the first time.

I completed all the steps and everything's is working, except i haven't installed Freestyle (step 6). I haven't done this before so i don't know where to install it, do i have to choose for HDD or USB?

Normally when i unplug my usb the normal microsoft dashboard starts up and when the usb is connected it automatically start in freestyle. I have already a folder freestyle from the previous install on my usb device.

And when i need to choose for usb am i loosing the games (i have a folder in the root of usb called 'games') or is only the freestyle directory replaced?

Thanks in advance.

hello there,

great tut. i just have a quick question

in xebuild i noticed you can choose rgh1 or rgh2. what do you do if you dont know which rgh was used. i didnt glitch it myself so im not sure which one was programmed.

i was given my nand and cpu key from the ppl who did glitch it, so i already have those files/details. but i dont want to do rgh2 if it was rgh1 and vice versa.

also i have a japer and am not sure how to tell if its 16mb or a BB 256/512. how do i tell? is it the size of the nand dump?

cheers for the help and tut. excellent stuff.

Thanks for the tutorial. It seems really straightforward and I look forward to using it to update my system. The only question I have that I want to understand better before I follow this update is how this will affect the dashlaunch and settings that I already have. Currently it boots right to fsd 2 point something when I start up my xbox. If I go through all the updates will it keep these dashlaunch settings or will I need to reconfigure them? I'm just nervous because I screwed up dashlaunch once in the past and was stuck on the xbox logo whenever I started up my xbox and needed to have that fixed. If I follow these instructions will it keep dashlaunch booting to fsd2 and let me change to boot into 3 later or will it over write all this so I don't need to worry? Thanks and hopefully I explained that correctly. Also will it automatically input my jtag and processor type from my nand dump or do I need to know that information already? 

after update just run the dashlaunch installer app and it will install dashlaunch to nand, it will use the same launch.ini so it will retain your old settings.

after update just run the dashlaunch installer app and it will install dashlaunch to nand, it will use the same launch.ini so it will retain your old settings.

I tried the update last night but I ended up getting an error I think it was E78 or E79 when I started up my xbox? I can't remember because I panicked when it happened and took my nand dump, renamed it updflash.bin and restored it through xell reloaded and that fixed me up. I'm not sure where I went wrong though. I followed everything but I think maybe it didn't choose the right Jtag SMC hack? I didn't do my JTag so I wasn't sure what wiring it was, I let the bottom right of the program choose it for me. I have the two wires inside with a jumper all on top of the board and one of the wires goes to the board on the front next to the ring of light. I have a picture of my xell cpu key if you need to see it and my current kernal version is 2.0.14699.0 and dash version (from fsd) is 2.2 rev692. Not sure you needed to know that but thought it all might help. I was trying to update to the most current version.  Also it says my Motherboard is Falcon/Opus and it automatically selected the normal SMC Hack. Thanks for any help you can provide. I'd love to master this updating.

I have a picture of the xebuild screen before building if anyone can help me from seeing it. I also have a picture of what I believe to be my jtag wiring. 

Greetings. I have the 14699 dash and would like to update because of the new FSD3. It's an RGH Jasper with an LT+3.0 DVD Drive. Is it safe if I update to the latest dash using this tut? I'm afraid of failure. I don't wanna brick/dehack my box. 

Please PM me or reply to this post. Thanks!

Hi, i have Corona based Xbox with RGH 2.0. Xbox won't load xell. i can obtain CPU key from dashlaunch instead?

If the console is already glitched, the latest DashLaunch installer will display the CPU key.

I was gonna give it a try but i am lost all ready by step 3

3) Boot into FSD or XEXmenu, go to your file browser and select the xex file for Nand Flasher for xbox 360. You will be greated with the following image:

were do i find the xex-file on the 360? so which location and what is the exact name?

Thanks!

edit: oh wait. I have to FTP nandflasher first to the xbox?

I was gonna give it a try but i am lost all ready by step 3

were do i find the xex-file on the 360? so which location and what is the exact name?

Thanks!

edit: oh wait. I have to FTP nandflasher first to the xbox?

yes

Im having trouble, well when I say trouble, Im getting an error message when I try and use Nand Flasher at the start of the process. As soo as I select read nand, I get this error message:

Error: No Nand found or supported Nand type

***Error: An Error has occurred***

Im trying to update to kernal 16203 on my glitched nand.

If anyone can help me out here, I would very much appreciate it (as i always do)

Thanks in advance guys

Forgot to men tion, Im on a (corona) tx demon dual nand.

Write the image using J-Runner (connect a Micro USB cable from your PC/laptop to your DemoN).

It should take no longer than 30 seconds to write a 16MB NAND image.

I can do that! But what about reading the nand? I.mean, I updated my old falcon rgh using this tutorial and it was a breeze and very straight forward. Ive never used jrunner but I have read nothing but good comments about it. Is there an easy to follow tutorial knocking around anywhere? If Ive got a set of instructions in front of.me, I'll be less likely to screw it up. Thanks BL4k3Y you are a star

I can do that! But what about reading the nand? I.mean, I updated my old falcon rgh using this tutorial and it was a breeze and very straight forward. Ive never used jrunner but I have read nothing but good comments about it. Is there an easy to follow tutorial knocking around anywhere? If Ive got a set of instructions in front of.me, I'll be less likely to screw it up. Thanks BL4k3Y you are a star

The J-Runner PDF explains everything.

J-Runner supports the Xecuter DemoN 100% and has no issues with reading or writing :).

The J-Runner PDF explains everything.

J-Runner supports the Xecuter DemoN 100% and has no issues with reading or writing :).

Thanks BL4K3Y, Ive downloaded jrunner and will read the pdf file. Ive had a quick look at it and it seems daunting lol. There,s a lot to take in. 

Why not just use autogg? It makes updating as easy as it gets. One click.

Why not just use autogg? It makes updating as easy as it gets. One click.

I'd like to learn how to use Jrunner first jb, but my head is getting a little twatted with all the info on the pdf which comes with jrunner. I suppose Im worried about f&*king my xbox up

What have i done wrong ?

Posted Image

Moving output to your destination directory... FAILED!
ERROR: Unable to move output file to your destination directory!
ERROR: There was one or more fatal errors: 1 errors during the build process
Cleaning data and temporary directories... Done!

oke, think i got it now. Wasn't going easy. Installer.iso didn't work (think a bad dvd)

one problem, and i think its got to do with the systemupdate my avatar is "grayed out" and as soon i plug in the Kinect it says it needs an update from live.

Now what? Got to get this working otherwise my kids are gonna kill me...

Short question, do i need to prep my usb-stick in the xbox to work?