RealModScene
wabashman

Quick and easy way to update your JTAG/RGH

First of all, this isn't a chat service, it sometimes takes a couple of hours for a response to be made... be patient

Second, if you want help and get an error code, it's a good idea to actually specify the error code you get, there are many potential problems out there, the error code tells us more about which specific one you're facing... just stating you get a error doesn't exactly help us in helping you...

You should probably read my guide linked in my signature below as this guide is kinda old

Hey everybody, I need your help desperately please, I was trying to update my RGH dashboard so I can be able to play Fifa 16 on and I messed it up big time. I followed the tutorial  and as for the xeBuild i downloaded xeBuildGui_2.092 which had kernel support for my 2.0.16547 kernel. 

I followed all the steps you listed perfectly and dumped my NAND flash, the problem came now when i tried to Write Nand Flash using Nand Flasher. I selected the file I created with xeBuild named nandflash.bin but there was an Error trying to write. I switched off the console so I can try again but it doesn't respond now. Freestyle 3 doesnt even load and the screen is just blank. Even tried to boot into xell mode by pressing eject button and it fails. What can i do?

Thanks, hoping for a response soon  as i just joined this site to try and get help.

Additional Info about my Xbox :

-------------------------------------------------------------

xeBuild v1.11.647

---------------------------------------------------------------

base path changed to G:\xeBuild_GUI_2.092\files

---- { Image Build Mode } ----

building glitch image

output.bin image built, info:

Kernel    : 2.0.16547.0

Console   : Trinity

NAND size : 16MiB

Build     : Glitch

Xell      : power on console with console eject button

Serial    :

ConsoleId :

MoboSerial:

Mfg Date  : 10/27/2010

CPU Key   :

First of all, you shouldn't have used 2.092 at all, you should've used 2.097 so you can build the latest version...

You need to bring out a hardware flasher to re-write the nand using hardware, build a new nand using the latest version of xeBuild GUI and you should be good to go with flashing that image, if you get write errors with the hardware flasher, i can help you figure out how to make it work again if you tell me the specific errors and send me your dump(s)

Thanks for the response LibXenon Dev. I suppose I can try build a new nand but I dont think I can get my hands on a hardware flasher. I am assuming its piece of hardware I attach to my motherboard ?

Thanks for the response LibXenon Dev. I suppose I can try build a new nand but I dont think I can get my hands on a hardware flasher. I am assuming its piece of hardware I attach to my motherboard ?

My name is Swizzy, i'm the guy that made the software you used to build the nand image...

Yes, it's a piece of hardware which you solder to the motherboard to allow you to read/write the NAND, some examples of such hardware is NAND-X, JRProgrammer, MTX SPI Flasher

Is this tutorial still valid? Apart from the FSD stuff (i'm on Aurora). My xbox is a few dashboards behind, currently on 2.0.16537.0. I would appreciate any advice if you might have it.

So i have started preparations in case it turns out to be valid, but xebuild isn't working, The only option i get is to quit the program, i don't know how to use it otherwise (haven't been in console waters in ages).

Is this tutorial still valid? Apart from the FSD stuff (i'm on Aurora). My xbox is a few dashboards behind, currently on 2.0.16537.0. I would appreciate any advice if you might have it.

So i have started preparations in case it turns out to be valid, but xebuild isn't working, The only option i get is to quit the program, i don't know how to use it otherwise (haven't been in console waters in ages).

Personally i recommend reading the tutorial i wrote myself, and the reason you fail is likely because you attempt to use the CLI tool and not the GUI...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Personally i recommend reading the tutorial i wrote myself, and the reason you fail is likely because you attempt to use the CLI tool and not the GUI...

Sent from my SM-G903F

Would you mind linking me the tutorial? I can't seem to find it among your threads. :)

Also, i was trying to use the command tool, the GUI version comes up as a corrupted archive every time i try to open it, no matter how many times i download it.

EDIT: Wow, am i a dumbass or what? Found the tutorial in your signature. xD

If you are having issues with xebuild/xebuild gui, try this http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/7531-updated-j-runner/. If using a wired network connection, on both xbox, and computer, I would recommend running dashlaunch installer on the console with the updserv option enabled. On the computer, dont run J-Runner, as this doesnt work since I updated it for some wierd reason. Just go into the Xebuild folder, open command window there(ctrl + shift + right click, should be on the menu) and then type into the command line  xebuild update -f 17511. This will do everything for you, and when the console reboots, it will have the avatar update, and the latest kernel, and dashlaunch installed. Make sure you have your HDD connected when doing this. :)

• Like 1

Would you mind linking me the tutorial? I can't seem to find it among your threads. :)

Also, i was trying to use the command tool, the GUI version comes up as a corrupted archive every time i try to open it, no matter how many times i download it.

EDIT: Wow, am i a dumbass or what? Found the tutorial in your signature. xD

Try disabling your antivirus, might help

Sent from my SM-G903F

If you are having issues with xebuild/xebuild gui, try this http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/7531-updated-j-runner/. If using a wired network connection, on both xbox, and computer, I would recommend running dashlaunch installer on the console with the updserv option enabled. On the computer, dont run J-Runner, as this doesnt work since I updated it for some wierd reason. Just go into the Xebuild folder, open command window there(ctrl + shift + right click, should be on the menu) and then type into the command line  xebuild update -f 17511. This will do everything for you, and when the console reboots, it will have the avatar update, and the latest kernel, and dashlaunch installed. Make sure you have your HDD connected when doing this. :)

Definitely gonna try this as all other methods seem to be throwing up errors for some reason.

EDIT: @Swizzy: I don't use one, i just generally run my computer through an antivirus every couple of months to make sure i'm clean.

EDIT2: I'm getting a "updsrv on console needs to be updated!". Should i assume it's because i'm using a 2014 version of dashlaunch? I have set updsrv to enabled.

EDIT3: Well that worked, updated dashlaunch and all of a sudden the update came through and now it works as it should. Thank you very much. :)

• Like 2

On 3/24/2016 at 3:57 PM, Maatla said:

Hey everybody, I need your help desperately please, I was trying to update my RGH dashboard so I can be able to play Fifa 16 on and I messed it up big time. I followed the tutorial  and as for the xeBuild i downloaded xeBuildGui_2.092 which had kernel support for my 2.0.16547 kernel. 

I followed all the steps you listed perfectly and dumped my NAND flash, the problem came now when i tried to Write Nand Flash using Nand Flasher. I selected the file I created with xeBuild named nandflash.bin but there was an Error trying to write. I switched off the console so I can try again but it doesn't respond now. Freestyle 3 doesnt even load and the screen is just blank. Even tried to boot into xell mode by pressing eject button and it fails. What can i do?

Thanks, hoping for a response soon  as i just joined this site to try and get help.

Additional Info about my Xbox :

-------------------------------------------------------------

xeBuild v1.11.647

base path changed to G:\xeBuild_GUI_2.092\files

---- { Image Build Mode } ----

building glitch image

output.bin image built, info:

Kernel    : 2.0.16547.0

Console   : Trinity

NAND size : 16MiB

Build     : Glitch

Xell      : power on console with console eject button

Serial    :

ConsoleId :

MoboSerial:

Mfg Date  : 10/27/2010

CPU Key   :

I don't want to attempt an update for situations like this.  I said in another thread how i don't "need" to update as all the games i've installed on my jasper Phat 360 work fine and all the games that i continue to install, boot with no issues.  

Someone agreed with me, then another person responded by saying, "it's always good to be on the latest firmware."  Says who? you?   

I beg to differ as being on my current firmware hasn't had any negative effects whatsoever.  If every game i install boots and if it supports systemlink and i can play it's multiplayer, then an update isn't necessary. 

Anything can go wrong as this situation proves and i won't let anyone shame me or bully me into updating, just for the sake of updating.   

And this person seemed to be really attentive and careful on the steps he took.   This shows that it isn't full proof, even for the technically inclined and experienced person.

Swizzy:

"First of all, you shouldn't have used 2.092 at all, you should've used 2.097 so you can build the latest version..."

Why wasn't this included in the tutorial?  and if it was, why wasn't it pointed out that it could result in a brick, if not followed?   I'm taking the word of the OP that he followed the tutorial, face value.  So in that sense, if you did include that step, he would have followed it.

When writing a tutorial on updating a Nand, you would want to insure that every step suggested, should reduce the probability of a brick. 

And to leave out steps, that may reduced the possibility of a brick,  just to mention to someone after they bricked their 360 from following a tutorial you wrote, that you should have done, X Y or Z  that was left out or omitted in the tutorial is irresponsible and reckless.  

It's never said, implied or suggested by people on this forum or anywhere else,  that whenever you attempt to flash your nand, there's a high probability that you can brick your 360 but people suggest and even encourage people to do it as if there's no chance of a brick.    However, i know better... And i feel it's wrong to prompt people to flash their nand, without reminding them of the potential consequences of a brick. 

There are options for reviving a bricked 360 but not everyone has the know how or confidence on tearing down a 360 and installing a hardware flasher.  or they don't have the time or money.  Some people would simply be intimidated by the process. 

I also take into consideration that i have a deep love for this particular Jasper xbox 360 in the fact that i have a lot of history with it as i've had it since i purchased back in the day.  So i have sentimental value and nostalgia associated  with my 360 and i don't want to risk it getting bricked.

I would only update the nand, if it was absolutely necessary.  I've always considered myself lucky, after a successful nand write, when updating my 360 back in the day and it doesn't make me feel any less concerned about a possible brick after those successful writes. I've always wiped sweat from my forehead after a success flash!     I'm speaking for me specifically, being some people claim to not be able to play some games on lower firmware.

My current firmware is 2.0.17349.0 released 4/30/2015

I'll say again, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.   And at the end of the day, if my 360 bricks like this poor guys 360 did, i'm the only one that has to live with the consequences of that brick, not someone i don't know on a forum, that's encouraging me to flash it for no reason other than an update exists. 

This is for anyone thinking they need to update without any obvious reasons. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, morpheous said:

This is for anyone thinking they need to update without any obvious reasons. 

Ok, there is always a possibility of write errors due to reasons.. You honestly dont need to update past 17349 in my opinion.. The only reason people want latest dash is to go online or for sports games.. Even then, I highly doubt there is any game that requires higher than 17489, IF that.. And even so, you can always patch the game to remove the kernel check.. 

And it has been said several times, what you do is up to you, and can always end with a soft brick.. Hell.. You could have a power surge happen, or complete loss of power due to someone slamming into a power pole.. We are not here to hold hands and spoon feed people lol

12 hours ago, felida said:

Ok, there is always a possibility of write errors due to reasons.. You honestly don't need to update past 17349 in my opinion.. The only reason people want latest dash is to go online or for sports games.. Even then, I highly doubt there is any game that requires higher than 17489, IF that.. And even so, you can always patch the game to remove the kernel check.. 

And it has been said several times, what you do is up to you, and can always end with a soft brick.. Hell.. You could have a power surge happen, or complete loss of power due to someone slamming into a power pole.. We are not here to hold hands and spoon feed people lol

"And it has been said several times, what you do is up to you, and can always end with a soft brick."

During this thread and the other thread i was replying back to others about updating my jasper 360,not ONCE did anyone mention anything about a possibility of a brick.  

"Hell.. You could have a power surge happen, or complete loss of power due to someone slamming into a power pole."  Really? nobody is talking about external circumstances here. 

What is being talked about is if the write up was solid and correct in the fact that it covered all bases in terms of safety in that it minimizes the possibility of a brick. 

"We are not here to hold hands and spoon feed people lol"

Ummm, this isn't a matter of anyone hand holding or spoon feeding.   The person that bricked his 360, did so by following a tutorial, without anyone "holding his hand"  or "spoon feeding him"

He followed a write up, step by step and as a result of following those steps, bricked his 360.  Then was told after he bricked it, he should have done X, instead of Y   Just let that sink it for a minute and think to yourself.     If that was you, how you would feel?  

2 hours ago, morpheous said:

"And it has been said several times, what you do is up to you, and can always end with a soft brick."

During this thread and the other thread i was replying back to others about updating my jasper 360,not ONCE did anyone mention anything about a possibility of a brick.  

"Hell.. You could have a power surge happen, or complete loss of power due to someone slamming into a power pole."  Really? nobody is talking about external circumstances here. 

What is being talked about is if the write up was solid and correct in the fact that it covered all bases in terms of safety in that it minimizes the possibility of a brick. 

Ummm, this isn't a matter of anyone hand holding or spoon feeding.   The person that bricked his 360, did so by following a tutorial, without anyone "holding his hand"  or "spoon feeding him"

He followed a write up, step by step and as a result of following those steps, bricked his 360.  Then was told after he bricked it, he should have done X, instead of Y   Just let that sink it for a minute and think to yourself.     If that was you, how you would feel?  

If it were me, id read all the information possible.. There are tons of guides and tons of information.. And tons of scenarios where people have messed up.. It's not our problem someone read only 1 thing and believed that to be 100% in covering all bases mate, ESPECIALLY with the title "quick and easy".. Especially as well with a specific thread here titled: Everything you need to know about Jtag/RGH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, felida said:

If it were me, id read all the information possible.. There are tons of guides and tons of information.. And tons of scenarios where people have messed up.. It's not our problem someone read only 1 thing and believed that to be 100% in covering all bases mate, ESPECIALLY with the title "quick and easy".. Especially as well with a specific thread here titled: Everything you need to know about Jtag/RGH

For anyone reading this, if there is a reason to not follow any tutorial put out on this forum, this is it. 

You're ASSUMING the person that bricked his 360, using the write up on this forum,  DIDN'T read other sources in addition to this write up. 

So you're making things up, claiming he didn't do or did to justify the bricking of his 360. 

There is no way you could know any of the things your claiming.  You're essentially victim blaming.....

He's speaking for the entire forum, when he says if you brick your 360, using a tutorial we supplied,  it's your fault and we don't care anyway.

So i would think twice about ever following a write up, written by someone on this forum with this type of attitude. 

6 hours ago, morpheous said:

Read back on what he wrote. The guy who bricked his xbox years back.

"I followed all the steps you listed perfectly and dumped my NAND flash, the problem came now when i tried to Write Nand Flash using Nand Flasher. I selected the file I created with xeBuild named nandflash.bin but there was an Error trying to write. I switched off the console"

Im sure no one here told him to do that. 

2 hours ago, morpheous said:

For anyone reading this, if there is a reason to not follow any tutorial put out on this forum, this is it. 

You're ASSUMING the person that bricked his 360, using the write up on this forum,  DIDN'T read other sources in addition to this write up. 

So you're making things up, claiming he didn't do or did to justify the bricking of his 360. 

There is no way you could know any of the things your claiming.  You're essentially victim blaming.....

He's speaking for the entire forum, when he says if you brick your 360, using a tutorial we supplied,  it's your fault and we don't care anyway.

So i would think twice about ever following a write up, written by someone on this forum with this type of attitude. 

First off.. None of the staff supplied this tutorial.. Like fuck mate.. Trying to blame a public place for someone posting a thread is like me blaming you for all the stupid accusations and shit posted here.. 

I was being nice and answering your questions and providing help.. The pinned topic I refered to "everything you need to know" was provided by a staff member..

Stop being a clown for real mate.. 

28 minutes ago, felida said:

First off.. None of the staff supplied this tutorial.. Like fuck mate.. Trying to blame a public place for someone posting a thread is like me blaming you for all the stupid accusations and shit posted here.. 

I was being nice and answering your questions and providing help.. The pinned topic I refered to "everything you need to know" was provided by a staff member..

Stop being a clown for real mate.. 

"Trying to blame a public place for someone posting a thread is like me blaming you for all the stupid accusations and shit posted here"  

Now your projecting onto me by making false claims.  I am not "blaming" anyone.   I am however, simply pointing out how you're coming off by saying the person that bricked his 360, was himself at fault by making assumptions about what he did and didn't do.  And what were my "accusations" that you claimed i made?    I didn't accuse anyone of anything.   

I was however, questioning the write up's integrity and the way you were trying to discredit the person that bricked his 360 by making assumptions about what he did and didn't do.   

This is what you said about the OP:

"If it were me, id read all the information possible.'

How do you know he didn't?

"It's not our problem someone read only 1 thing"

How do you know he only read one thing?

There is no way you could have known anything about the steps he took and that is what i was saying. Not accusing anyone or blaming anyone of anything. 

"Stop being a clown for real mate.. "  Now who's resulting to child like behavior?    Calling someone names, because you can't handle being challenged in a debate is a perfect example of someone that can't agree to disagree.  

29 minutes ago, morpheous said:

"Trying to blame a public place for someone posting a thread is like me blaming you for all the stupid accusations and shit posted here"  

Now your projecting onto me by making false claims.  I am not "blaming" anyone.   I am however, simply pointing out how you're coming off by saying the person that bricked his 360, was himself at fault by making assumptions about what he did and didn't do.  And what were my "accusations" that you claimed i made?    I didn't accuse anyone of anything.   

I was however, questioning the write up's integrity and the way you were trying to discredit the person that bricked his 360 by making assumptions about what he did and didn't do.   

This is what you said about the OP:

"If it were me, id read all the information possible.'

How do you know he didn't?

"It's not our problem someone read only 1 thing"

How do you know he only read one thing?

There is no way you could have known anything about the steps he took and that is what i was saying. Not accusing anyone or blaming anyone of anything. 

"Stop being a clown for real mate.. "  Now who's resulting to child like behavior?    Calling someone names, because you can't handle being challenged in a debate is a perfect example of someone that can't agree to disagree.  

For starters, you are complaining about someone who bricked their console back in 2016.. So I'll answer completely to your "debate" 👍

as stated by swizzy, the newer build had higher kernel support, not that there was a specific bug in the older version, mate, that caused the flashing problem😉

Also swizzy didnt write the guide here..

You are complaining about an older guide that hasnt been updated to the "newer" kernel support.. But the OP felt the need that informing people about a possible brick wasnt needed because this stuff isnt for kiddies that dont do research.. You are free to write up a guide to YOUR personal preference, include ANY warnings you should feel neccessary.. Buuuuut have you? Nope just complaints 😉

Now How do I assume the person didnt read everything? Because ive been here long enough to make that assumption, as well most who come complaining about problems when there is obvious answers here and everywhere, such as what to do in-case of brick/bad flash/lost nand/etc.. Obviously they haven't because said person would know exactly what to do and how to fix if they read up on it before attempting the nand flash 😉 and damn sure wouldnt post how to fix it (<-- part about holding hands/spoon feed)

As for calling you a clown, you are acting like a whiny troll Honestly lol..

Apologies for winning the "debate" here🤣🤣

But if you have a legitimate problem/question, we're here to help

You're delusional if you actually felt you won anything, let alone a debate.   

I've countered your arguments with sound logic and without personally attacking you by calling you names or attempting to reduce your intelligence or integrity.

Everyone knows, once you reduce yourself to calling someone you're debating names, you've lost the debate...... 

However, you on the other hand, have done all of the above, yet still lack the self awareness to understand how you're making yourself look. 

To someone speaking nonsense, it makes perfect sense....