RealModScene
wabashman

Quick and easy way to update your JTAG/RGH

I need to update a phat RGH (coolrunner) machine. Its been a while since Ive done anything like this but atm the machine is on 2.0.16197.0. I have used this tut in the passed and everythings been ok, just need to update everything, where can I find what I need? Thanks in advance guys

I need to update a phat RGH (coolrunner) machine. Its been a while since Ive done anything like this but atm the machine is on 2.0.16197.0. I have used this tut in the passed and everythings been ok, just need to update everything, where can I find what I need? Thanks in advance guys

follow my XeBuild 1.08 update tutorial

ok since no one replied, is it normal that Update(Nand Flash) removes everything and we should backup everything before following this post ?

ok since no one replied, is it normal that Update(Nand Flash) removes everything and we should backup everything before following this post ?

When you update xell I've never known it lose anything.....

ok so i re-run through this tutorial as i was a few dashes behind.  got the new nand (16537) installed fine, updated F3 to rev775, but no matter what i do i can't get the kinect/avatar update on.  ive downloaded the one in the original post link and also used the one in xebuild gui. put it on USB stick, either in $SystemUpdate/$$ystemUpdate or any variation of the above and each time i boot with usb in, it says a kinect update is required and only gives me OK as the option. 

running out of ideas how to get the update on....the usb stick was used last time for all steps, so i know the stick is fine

**EDIT**

never fear, my stupidity is near!  loaded xexmenu and it prompted me to update

Hello

I just updated my xbox360 S with your tut and it worked good until I flashed the new file to my xbox and restarted not it goes to the normal xbox screen and won't start the FSD, I start FSD on my usb drive what do I need to do to get FSD back and finish updating to F3

Thanks

Hi i have updated my slim xbox witth this guide and everything works fine , exept that the ethernet port has stopped working. I know the cables works cause when i plug in my phat xbox it works. Any idea of what have gone wrong?

The console detects the cable cause when in network settings it states wired, but there is no light in the nic back on xbox.

@CodeMaster - You must hear this a thousand times a day but hey im gonna say it anyway, ... Thank you so very much for your idiots guide to updating, im pretty new to the Jtag scene, i needed to update as I had certain functions in FSD that stopped working after an update to FSD 3 and was worried about doing this myself in fear of something going wrong, however i come across you tutorial and successfully updated in under 20 mins.

I really cant thank you enough :)

I don't seem to have the option to upgrade to 16747. In the xebuild gui, the highest one I can select is 15xxx. Any idea why this might be? I've only downloaded xebuild today, but the NANDflasher is a version that was on my 360 when I bought it, if that makes any difference.

Other than that this was remarkably easy to follow. Thanks!

I don't seem to have the option to upgrade to 16747. In the xebuild gui, the highest one I can select is 15xxx. Any idea why this might be? I've only downloaded xebuild today, but the NANDflasher is a version that was on my 360 when I bought it, if that makes any difference.

Other than that this was remarkably easy to follow. Thanks!

You need to download the latest version of xeBuild GUI which is currently 2.093 you can find it on http://homebrew-connection.org

Hi I followed this tutorial but with a minor change.

I had used Simple 360 nand flasher( because the nandflasher360 was giving unknown nand error) on the xbox360 to dump and write my nand.

I did dump the nand with success and xebuild to generate the 16747 image file(

I do have the file that was dumped. Do i have a problem here ? Xbox black screen, i can see the chip glitch though, No display :(

Oooops :__ 

Edited: I just got the display after 20 min.. Dont know why so long to boot , but the updated dashboard is in there... Any issues ?

I have updated kinect drivers as well.. But is there a myth or a human error that can extend boot times after a dashboard update on a rgh console ?

Hi I followed this tutorial but with a minor change.

I had used Simple 360 nand flasher( because the nandflasher360 was giving unknown nand error) on the xbox360 to dump and write my nand.

I do have the file that was dumped. Do i have a problem here ? Xbox black screen, i can see the chip glitch though, No display :(

That's probably because something went wrong... this guide isn't all that clear... can you send me your NANDDumps? (the one you dumped and the one you later flashed) i can check what went wrong, and try to help you fix it... but, it'll probably require you to open up the console and use a hardware flasher to fix it...

Hey swizzy.. can you see my edited post ?

Well, here is the situation explained better.

1. Its my customers console. I usually check for display on the tv, I called him to ask why it took long to boot. (10 min) -He said yeah it boots little longer.

2. I did the whole process and updated kinect drivers. 

3. It boots fine , i see updated dash board version and kinect also works. All latest games also works.. But boot time has extended from 10 min to 15 min.. 

Is it common ? 

Something has changed with the patches causing this... but... basically, the installation/chip is shit... so i'd recommend asking him if you should have a go at trying to optimize it...

oh yeah. he will be here at about 10 hours from now probably.

But i feel i may have messed up(not sure), Can i pm you the original dump and the flashed dump ? I didnt know patches could mess up boot speeds.

Also, pulling out the power chord abruptly and plugging it back is helping here greatly. Boot time was 5 minutes only( sometimes even 40 seconds) by doing this trick. Hopefully its a bad chip or a bad installation .

And my update has not spoiled anything majorly am hopin. what do you feel ?

oh yeah. he will be here at about 10 hours from now probably.

But i feel i may have messed up(not sure), Can i pm you the original dump and the flashed dump ? I didnt know patches could mess up boot speeds.

Also, pulling out the power chord abruptly and plugging it back is helping here greatly. Boot time was 5 minutes only( sometimes even 40 seconds) by doing this trick. Hopefully its a bad chip or a bad installation .

And my update has not spoiled anything majorly am hopin. what do you feel ?

Well, seeing as it boots better when you unplugged power (causing the chip to be drained from power) i'd say it's probably the chip that is causing the slow boot (it's probably a clone) or it's a crappy install...

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Customer said the boot time is ok. But yes its boot time has increased by 5 min. He was ok with it as long as he can play fifa15. Lol..

Also.. I used simple nand flasher instead of your recommendation of a different type of nand flasher. That works I guess.

By the way.. I had not changed even a single option on the xebuild interface. I left all settings and all radio buttons default when I loaded the extracted nand dump. I hope its OK?

One more question is that... for phat consoles is this process any different?.

Thanks for the suggestions so far. Customer said the boot time is ok. But yes its boot time has increased by 5 min. He was ok with it as long as he can play fifa15. Lol..

Also.. I used simple nand flasher instead of your recommendation of a different type of nand flasher. That works I guess.

By the way.. I had not changed even a single option on the xebuild interface. I left all settings and all radio buttons default when I loaded the extracted nand dump. I hope its OK?

One more question is that... for phat consoles is this process any different?.

Where/when did i suggest using a different flasher? other then hardware one... hardware flasher is required when the console doesn't start...

Normally the default settings in xeBuild GUI is a-ok, it identify motherboard, hack etc. for you when you load a dump... as long as it's a recent dump made while it was hacked the default settings should be fine...

The process is the same for all models (except for 4G corona consoles) which requires that you select model and hack manually followed by enabling advanced mode and disabling the failsafe... it also requires a manual change of the commandline (corona -> corona4g)

No Swizzy., I meant. In this tutorial you are using some other nand flasher and not simple nand flasher. I know it involves ur work as well.

No Swizzy., I meant. In this tutorial you are using some other nand flasher and not simple nand flasher. I know it involves ur work as well.

Yeah, many recommend using out-dated tools such as Flash360, NANDFlasher 360 and what not, but... the ultimate tool for reading/writing the NAND/MMC on-console is Simple 360 NAND Flasher because it supports all consoles that are available today, and it have the same buttons for all models making it very simple to use, even so... 1.3 Beta and newer have a automode which makes it even easier (you can give it instructions before starting it what to do...)