RealModScene
wabashman

Quick and easy way to update your JTAG/RGH

I disabled DashLaunch to install $$ystemupdate but it isn't isntalling.I'm inserting USB before booting. After it's opened i'm playing game but it isn't installing update. What can I do?

i am very new to this jailbreak and jtag and nand nd stuff...

but i followed this tutorial and i reached to the part were i did the nand dump...

but i think i did something wrong

so there isnt any problem if i restart from this point right...??

i followed this tutorial and i reached to the part were i did the nand dump...

but i think i did something wrong

so there isnt any problem if i restart from this point right...??

As long as you haven't written anything to the NAND, it is safe to read again.

Do not proceed with writing a new image until you have at least two matching NAND dumps.

i have a trinity mother boarded but i want to know the build type...

is there any way i can find out the build type....??

i have a trinity mother boarded but i want to know the build type...

is there any way i can find out the build type....??

Build an RGH2 image.

Hey guys I recently bought an slim xbox with 250gb hdd, I had it put rgh. So now if I go to the info tab what I see is 

FSD-Version: Dashboard 2.2 Rev725

Skin-Name: MetroStyle_ES.xzp

Kernel: 2.0.16203.0

I would like to update to the lastest. But Im confused on how to proceed I read the posts for F3 but I'm not sure if it works for me as I don't see any special requirements I have to meet in order to proceed. Can someone point me to the right direction? :) Thanks a lot

I did steps 1-5 and now my Xbox won't start up. My Xbox is an RGH Falcon with FSD3. I think my mistake was selecting Freeboot RGH2.0 instead of Freeboot RGH1.x in the Build type section.

I had my xbox slim jtagged for me and gave me an update file for my kinect to work or something like that, the file was on my external hdd with all the games and FSD installed. It all went well, but everytime i boot my xbox a message pops up "your console is up to date" have to hit "ok" to continue then it'll show the FSD logo. How do i get rid of that message? Sorry for posting it here.

Hello everyone. I wanted to update my RGH Console from 16202 to 16537. But i faced two problems:

1. After I obtain the flashdmp.bin with SImple NAND Flasher and put it in xeBuild it gives me this - http://s7.directupload.net/images/130914/27mnjvro.png

2. The CPU KEy - it starts with BAD036B0D5C9... and when i read the cpu from cpukey.txt it gives me an error that it is a corrupt key.

Will it be possible for me to somheow update my Console? If I remember, I have an RGH2 / Corona 4GB

Thank you!

Hello everyone. I wanted to update my RGH Console from 16202 to 16537. But i faced two problems:

1. After I obtain the flashdmp.bin with SImple NAND Flasher and put it in xeBuild it gives me this - http://s7.directupload.net/images/130914/27mnjvro.png

2. The CPU KEy - it starts with BAD036B0D5C9... and when i read the cpu from cpukey.txt it gives me an error that it is a corrupt key.

Will it be possible for me to somheow update my Console? If I remember, I have an RGH2 / Corona 4GB

Thank you!

Follow my XeBuild 1.08 tutorial, it is pinned in the Tutorials section

Hello,

first of all, thanks for the tutorial.
However, I am having some problems. After flashing the NAND file, I get "E 79" and a partial red ring on my XBox.
When flashing my NAND dump file I have made, the Xbox does it well (get into the dashboard).

I have trying to remake the file by the xeBuild Gui (newest version), however experciencing the same problem again.

Thanks.

Have looked further and tried the xebuild tutorial mentioned above.
This works and a lot easier! (when Xbox connected to network)

Hi There,

Awesome tutorial!!!

One question... I have done everything up to point 6, and it's all gone well, but i just wanted to ask:

I don't have an empty flash drive readily available (can you believe it??!!)... Can't I just put the $$systemupdate onto my external HDD where my FSD and game rips are on? Will it not work? And is there any risk in doing that?

Thanks again for this super n00b-friendly tutorial 

7)

Now it is time to update your system files to support Kinect and give you back your avatards.

Remove everything from your USB stick except for your folder entitled $systemupdate.

Make sure this folder is extracted and not still zipped compressed still. Once is in its own folder, rename that folder to $$ystemupdate.

Put the USB stick back into your console and turn it on via controller or power button. The console should automatically pick it up and install the update for you. If it does not, make sure you have spelled the folder name correctly.

You may have to try to play a game before the update dialog box appears.

Hi There,

Awesome tutorial!!!

One question... I have done everything up to point 6, and it's all gone well, but i just wanted to ask:

I don't have an empty flash drive readily available (can you believe it??!!)... Can't I just put the $$systemupdate onto my external HDD where my FSD and game rips are on? Will it not work? And is there any risk in doing that?

Thanks again for this super n00b-friendly tutorial 

Ok, so i bit the bullet and tried my own suggestion and it works...

i just threw the $$ystemupdate onto the rot of my external HDD ... en voila! It picks it up and prompts me to update

Thanks for the tutorials, upgrade from 14699 to 16202 without any problems, I will do the update to latest with XeBuild through network next.

Hello, I followed your tutorial, and I managed to update the dashboard, but now when I try to change the profile, the xbox freezes. How can I fix this?

I've got everything up and running already.  1 problem though, When I go to games, It doesn't see the games.  I have to go to file explorer, click on the individual xex file before it would run.  What steps do I need to take to have cover art, and for it to recognize the games?  Do I configure in dashlaunch?  or freestyle dash?

Edited by Jason Ang

I was just about to post that you need to go into dashlaunch and set your paths in there for the machine to boot into FSD ;)

As for the games not showing then increase the "paths in FSD" to a scan depth of 4 or 5, it will take a little longer to scan as it's going 5 folders deep...if some of your games are deep within folders and the path depth is only 2 then it will not be searching deep enough for the default xex of the games. let me know how you get on. ;)

after you've changed the "depth of the paths" run a manual scan...

I was just about to post that you need to go into dashlaunch and set your paths in there for the machine to boot into FSD ;)

As for the games not showing then increase the "paths in FSD" to a scan depth of 4 or 5, it will take a little longer to scan as it's going 5 folders deep...if some of your games are deep within folders and the path depth is only 2 then it will not be searching deep enough for the default xex of the games. let me know how you get on. ;)

after you've changed the "depth of the paths" run a manual scan...

Thanks datastream.  I'll take a look on how to do that.  

Hello all , 

i need your help ....

i have xbox 360  slim with RGH/ JTAG  ( i don't know if i have RGH2/RGH1 ) . 

i have karnel and dashboard  : 2.15774 , and i want to update it to the last version .. .

i don't know where my JB files are located ? 

do i need DiscOnKey ( 8 giga formated with FAT32 -right? ) 

What about the LT3.0 ( what is it ? ) will it be disabled ?

please help me out .. 

i really need help so i don't destroy my xbox . 

please tell me if i understand the steps ok : 

1. open the console with eject button and get the CPUKEY  - in order to place it on the XeBuild . 

2.open xebuiled  on my computer ( 64 bit supported ? )  and enter CPUKEY ( When i  open xeBuild_1.08 and run xeBuild.exe i don't get a screen to enter CPUKEY ,,, does this program contain the karnel Update?) 

3. open FSD / XEXMenu  ( how do i know what i have and where is it located (can i have  both ?) and then enter the disconkey with Nand Flasher for xbox 360   - the step is to dump ( backup ? ) the current karnel ? if something is no working write ? 

it create orig_nand.bin that i'll be changing to the lastest version ?

4. after i get the orig_nand.bin i need to back it up and put it in the xebuild ? - my fears in this stage is that i don't know what "build type" q "motherboard"  / "karnel version" / "misc options"  / "Xell" and "motherboard information"  can you help me out with this stage???

5.after crating the new updflash.bin / nandflash.bin i need to copy it to the USB again and open up the Nand Flasher for xbox 360 and chose the "write'" option and chose the new file - this will update my karnel to the latest version ( 2.16537). 

6. now i need to instal FSD3 ,,,how do i know what is my current FSD - or if i have any  ? 

7. now the last step is to upgrade my kienct and avatar by simply copying the $$ystemupdate to the root of my disconkey and accept the update ?

a few questions:

1. what about all my current save and profiles ?

2 .is there any chance my xbox will become brick ?

3. can i be able to play all my other games (that worked fine before the update ) - this update is for GTA V  and of courseto ne up to date :-)

4. will my kienect work fine after the update ? 

5. will i be able to retry the update if something fails ?  

6. do i need to take it to an expert ? 

I lost my Profile and saved games after the update. Everything was successful.

Please assist, its a big problem. I can see that my memory card is using up the space but its not showing anything when i am clicking on it.Please assist..thanks