RealModScene
wabashman

Quick and easy way to update your JTAG/RGH

the cpu key is the same..only one difference in xebuild the console id.

I attach the report extracted by "xenon"

Console ID: 019585907385    ---  074BDB9125  (xebuild)??
Serial: 105390393105

kernel 2.0.14179.0

1BLKey         :DD88AD0C9ED669E7B56794FB68563EFA * 
CpuKey         :43AD515FE5AC0736EBC783126C2C423F * 43AD515FE5AC0736EBC783126C2C423F
DvdKey         :6965260DD17FD8CA8A6EE38158BEE8BD * 
Serial Number  :105390393105 * 
SMC 2.3 * 
CBA 6750 * 
CD 8453 * 
CE 1888 * 
CF 14719 * 
CG 14719 *

So you're a few dashboards behind the most current one....big deal right....wrong. If you want to play the latest and greatest games, you will need to update that box sitting in front of you. And below is just how to do that.

Items Needed:

XeBuild: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Nand Flasher for xbox 360: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

KInect/Avatar Update: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

FreeStyle3: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Place all of these items onto your USB stick that you will use for this process.

STEPS TO TAKE:

1)

The first thing you are going to need to do is obtain your CPU key. In order to do this, you will have to boot into xell/xellous and get this key. If you have not done this before, it is easy. Just boot your console via the eject button. It will then take you to a blue or black screen window that will throw a bunch of numbers/letters on the screen. Once it is done, you will be given the image below (your CPU and DVD key will be different so do not use the one in the picture). Either write down the key or take a picture as I did.

Initial image:

Posted Image

What you want:

Posted Image

2)

Now once you have this key written/photoed, you can proceed to step 2. Fire up your computer and open up XeBuild. Once it is loaded, there will be a spot to input your CPU key. Go ahead and do that now.

3)

Boot into FSD or XEXmenu, go to your file browser and select the xex file for Nand Flasher for xbox 360. You will be greated with the following image:

Posted Image

Go ahead and select DUMP Nand Flash. After you click this you will be prompted with a save location request. Navigate to your USB stick and select it to save there:

Posted Image

Let it do its thing and it will let you know when its done. Once it is finished, proceed to step 4.

4)

Place the USB stick back into your PC and go back to XeBuild. Select the source file as the Nand Dump you just created.

For the output file, select your USB drive and save it as updflash.bin or nandflash.bin either will work, just use something you know is the newly created file.

Select what dashboard you want to use, I would suggest the most current one available.

Make sure your XeBuild screen looks similiar to mine:

Posted Image

If you feel like playing aroudn with the settings, go ahead, but do not hold me at fault when you mess something up. However, if you do, send me a PM and I can probably fix the issue for you!!

Once you have everything entered, go ahead and hit Generate Hacked Image. Once it is done, you will recieve the following screen:

Posted Image

Now proceed to step 5.

5)

Place the USB stick back into your 360 and boot back into FSD/XEXmenu.

Go back to your file navigator and navigate back to Nand Flasher for xbox 360.

This time you are going to select Write Nand Flash however.

Posted Image

It will bring up the same select file option as before, so go ahead and select the file you created with XeBuild. And follow the prompts on the screen.

After it is done, go ahead and shutdown the console.

Turn it back on to make sure everything worked as it should. If it did proceed. If it did not, re-read this and figure out what you did wrong and contact someone to fix your mess.

6)

Assuming everything is alright, it is now time to install FSD3.

In order to do this, download one of the available options listed above. ( I recommend the installer version. It is much easier and user friendly.)

Use your current FSD/XEXmenu to navigate to the installer file that is located on your USB stick and follow the onscreen prompts (DO NOT HAVE IT INSTALL DASH LAUNCH, THE VERSION INSTALLED WITH XEBUILD IS NEWER).

Once it is done, turn off your console and put your usb stick back into your PC and proceed to the next step.

7)

Now it is time to update your system files to support Kinect and give you back your avatards.

Remove everything from your USB stick except for your folder entitled $systemupdate.

Make sure this folder is extracted and not still zipped compressed still. Once is in its own folder, rename that folder to $$ystemupdate.

Put the USB stick back into your console and turn it on via controller or power button. The console should automatically pick it up and install the update for you. If it does not, make sure you have spelled the folder name correctly.

8) enjoy your newly update console and all the latest games you can.

May I humbly suggest adding the following sentence to end of step 7?  "You may have to try to play a game before the update dialog box appears."

Thanks,

outofwork

by advanced mode i set the CFLDV to 8 and one problem is solved but i've a similar error...

***** WARNING: NAND dump does not appear to have a good block at block 0, discarding dump!
******* ERROR loading '.datananddump.bin', unable to determine NAND controller type!

**** could not read smc.bin (-1) ****

******* ERROR: critical bootloader files are missing, cannot proceed!

***** FATAL BUILD ERROR: -1 unable to complete NAND image

finnaly i've updated my RGH..redownloaded xebuild gui, unzipped in my desktop, loaded my nand dump and writed by xell!

thanks for your support

nice tut, but need some help. finished and booted xbox and got a frozen screen after sign in, rebooted box with hard drive out and got E71 error, used xell and my orig nad to flash back to the dash i was on, fsd is working but now i cannot even load up the actuall dash where i change system settings and check dash version gives e71 error when switcing dashes, thinking maybe a bad file on hd? dont want to reformat thou and loose everything or maybe dashlaunch is causing errors was on 2.22 i believe. anyways jasper 256 phat freeboot jtag, yes i check 16203 and did the tut twice had bad blocks at 166 and 167 but dont believe that caused the problem. also just tried to load a game from external hdd and got e71 so i got xbox working past sign in but will not load anything gonna see if i cal load xexmenu but im really not sure now what i did because the only dash before i tried to update worked perfect. any susgestions thanks

VitaminD: Try building your image with "noremap".

If bad blocks are remapped in the final image and you write it with XeLL, those bad blocks will be remapped again.

could not find the noremap option in xebuild 2.09 gui so i grabed a copy of jrunner and clicked the noremap option (created image with no bad blocks) flash360 and nandflasher say different same 2 bad block same e71 error on bootup but this time it didnt even make it past the logo screen. flashed back to orign_nand with fsd2.0 works fine(bad blocks on 166 and 167 there also but it works) makes no sences to me at all 

Try writing it back with XeLL again (it will remap the bad blocks for you).

Your stock NAND will boot fine, even with bad blocks because a retail/stock NAND will take care of them automatically.

when I do step 4, this appears:Reading 0x21000000 Bytes (528 MiB)ERROR: reading block 1E9 status 250ERROR: reading block 50E status 250So is it safe to continue? My dash is 14699 and fsd 3.0b Rev402 version, dashlaunch 3.04

EDIT: When I open my flashdmp.bin, I have suggested motherboard : ERROR, suggested SMC: error, smc type: error.After I hit the generate hacked image, it shows a message:ERROR: There was one or more errors while checking your settings, this usually means there is something very wrong with your nand, disable failsafe to bypass this check.How can I continue? And my xbox is jasper 512 so which built type should I choose? Thanks a lot

I tried to upload my nand but the shit connection kept getting errors.I used nand flasher 360 and I still got errors, it asked whether I chose dump system partion (64mb) or dump full nand(512), I chose full. My xbox is jasper 512mb. I don't know if I should choose dump partionEDIT: I just dump partion (16mb) and I still have bad block and the same message appears when I use the xeBuild: There was one or more while checking your settings, this usually means there is something very wrong with your nand.I'm so lost right now, can anyone help me? I'm very appreciated

You only need 64MB from a BB Jasper.

Upload that somewhere and PM me the link.

I followed this and everything went great and I'm on 16203 but now when I click on xbox home button to go home it goes to a black screen and won't load the dash...

What did I do wrong that it just goes to black and won't pull up the dashboard (FSD3)? Everything works I just have to get up and reset the xbox and then navigate to the game I want to play...

Edit:

It was the skin...

Edited by crimsonfury

hello! i'm new here. i was about to update my jtag by following the instructions but i can't open xell/xellous by booting my xbox using the eject button. any other advice? thanks a lot!

halo, Where to get CPU key for XeBuild_GUI??

My xbox jtag/rgh version is 16202. Izit will come out any problem when i update to 16203?

halo, Where to get CPU key for XeBuild_GUI??

My xbox jtag/rgh version is 16202. Izit will come out any problem when i update to 16203?

Your CPU key will be displayed in XeLL (boot the console using eject).

So you're a few dashboards behind the most current one....big deal right....wrong. If you want to play the latest and greatest games, you will need to update that box sitting in front of you. And below is just how to do that.

Items Needed:

XeBuild: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Nand Flasher for xbox 360: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

KInect/Avatar Update: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

FreeStyle3: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

Place all of these items onto your USB stick that you will use for this process.

STEPS TO TAKE:

1)

The first thing you are going to need to do is obtain your CPU key. In order to do this, you will have to boot into xell/xellous and get this key. If you have not done this before, it is easy. Just boot your console via the eject button. It will then take you to a blue or black screen window that will throw a bunch of numbers/letters on the screen. Once it is done, you will be given the image below (your CPU and DVD key will be different so do not use the one in the picture). Either write down the key or take a picture as I did.

Initial image:

Posted Image

What you want:

Posted Image

2)

Now once you have this key written/photoed, you can proceed to step 2. Fire up your computer and open up XeBuild. Once it is loaded, there will be a spot to input your CPU key. Go ahead and do that now.

3)

Boot into FSD or XEXmenu, go to your file browser and select the xex file for Nand Flasher for xbox 360. You will be greated with the following image:

Posted Image

Go ahead and select DUMP Nand Flash. After you click this you will be prompted with a save location request. Navigate to your USB stick and select it to save there:

Posted Image

Let it do its thing and it will let you know when its done. Once it is finished, proceed to step 4.

4)

Place the USB stick back into your PC and go back to XeBuild. Select the source file as the Nand Dump you just created.

For the output file, select your USB drive and save it as updflash.bin or nandflash.bin either will work, just use something you know is the newly created file.

Select what dashboard you want to use, I would suggest the most current one available.

Make sure your XeBuild screen looks similiar to mine:

Posted Image

If you feel like playing aroudn with the settings, go ahead, but do not hold me at fault when you mess something up. However, if you do, send me a PM and I can probably fix the issue for you!!

Once you have everything entered, go ahead and hit Generate Hacked Image. Once it is done, you will recieve the following screen:

Posted Image

Now proceed to step 5.

5)

Place the USB stick back into your 360 and boot back into FSD/XEXmenu.

Go back to your file navigator and navigate back to Nand Flasher for xbox 360.

This time you are going to select Write Nand Flash however.

Posted Image

It will bring up the same select file option as before, so go ahead and select the file you created with XeBuild. And follow the prompts on the screen.

After it is done, go ahead and shutdown the console.

Turn it back on to make sure everything worked as it should. If it did proceed. If it did not, re-read this and figure out what you did wrong and contact someone to fix your mess.

6)

Assuming everything is alright, it is now time to install FSD3.

In order to do this, download one of the available options listed above. ( I recommend the installer version. It is much easier and user friendly.)

Use your current FSD/XEXmenu to navigate to the installer file that is located on your USB stick and follow the onscreen prompts (DO NOT HAVE IT INSTALL DASH LAUNCH, THE VERSION INSTALLED WITH XEBUILD IS NEWER).

Once it is done, turn off your console and put your usb stick back into your PC and proceed to the next step.

7)

Now it is time to update your system files to support Kinect and give you back your avatards.

Remove everything from your USB stick except for your folder entitled $systemupdate.

Make sure this folder is extracted and not still zipped compressed still. Once is in its own folder, rename that folder to $$ystemupdate.

Put the USB stick back into your console and turn it on via controller or power button. The console should automatically pick it up and install the update for you. If it does not, make sure you have spelled the folder name correctly.

You may have to try to play a game before the update dialog box appears.

8) enjoy your newly update console and all the latest games you can.

I hawe 2 days problem with updating. My update work only wenn i put usb stick in console start xbox, go to game librari and dann ply similar game. Update work corectli and cinect. :thumbup: Thanks

Edited by Stanislav Klanfar

need help! when i click the dump nand button it says that there is an error. anyone familiar with the problem? thanks in advance.