RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
falaga

Solution for Red Dead Redemption GOTY and Normal

Hello guys,

I wrote the following to a administrator already, but he or she seems to be quite busy and I dont think a private message is the best way to make a suggestion.
There is a Title Update for the GOTY edition of Red Dead Redemption, which wasnt added to xboxunity.net yet.
I wanted to upload it through the website, but the GOTY edition wasnt in the list.
This TU goes to the Cache folder and is an update for both discs of the GOTY edition, so it is a TU for 2 Media IDs.
Here is a picture of its content:

kbco3wao.png

I couldn't add it, so it would be nice if an administrator or somebody else who is able to do it could do so.

The Media IDs are:

3EE87B76 (DISC 1, Singleplayer Disc)

26302E11 (DISC 2, Multiplayer Disc)

Here you can download the Title Update

Another little thing:

On xbox live people with the GOTY Edition and TU1 and people with the normal edition and TU 8 (Both are the newest TUs for each version) can play together, so there should also be a possibility to do so with system link.

So:

The GOTY Edition with TU1 and the normal edition with TU8 are compatible to each other, the only problem is, that link isnt putting people with these updates in the same room.

Thats why I'd like to ask if there is a possiblity to put them in the same room or just edit the number of the TU.

Would be very nice if a user or even a administrator would be able to help me and all other RDR players :)

Thanks in advance for all answers!

you don't need the MediaID to be added to upload a TU, when you upload your TU and the MediaID don't exist, it'll be added...

Oh, and the TU is locked to specific MediaID and TitleID combinations, they're not "one for all"

Edited by Swizzy

Thanks for that information.

Unfortunately people wont have any advantage of the compatibility as link is just looking to the TUs number.

I uploaded it after selecting the Media ID "3EE87B76", which is the singleplayer disc, so people who are playing online wont find it with the multiplayer disc ("26302E11").

So I just wanna say it would be nice if

you don't need the MediaID to be added to upload a TU, when you upload your TU and the MediaID don't exist, it'll be added...

Oh, and the TU is locked to specific MediaID and TitleID combinations, they're not "one for all"

Well, this seems to be like I said.

You could download it and open it in horizon to check it.

Ok, so it does contain the information for both discs apparently... BUT... the MediaID of the TU is still the same as for disc1 only, not for disc2...

if it works with both discs, simply enabling it with disc1 should keep it enabled for disc2 aswell

The point is that the most people dont even have the singleplayer disc, they are just having the multiplayer one for link.

The only thing that would be nessecary after that TU would just be an exception for the GOTY Multiplayer TU1, so you are in the same rooms as somebody with TU 8 (normal version).

As I said they are compatible, the only restriction is the number of the TU.

Can you reach out to me on IRC   - efnet,  Nick:  MaesterRo ?

I need you to send me the following items:

default.xex for  standard version of RDR (disc 1 and 2 if there are 2)

default.xex for GOTY version of RDR (disc 1 and 2)

Please package them together in a way that it is easy for me to know which is which.   I will investigate to see what can be done, if anything.

@MaesterRowen If Falaga wasn't able to help you, maybe I can be of assistance. Please PM if you want to.

If you have what he's looking for, join us on irc and send him the files requested