RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Hype

[Aurora] option to choose the default language

Hello,

an option to choose the default aurora language would be great.

Currently I renamed/replaced the *.xus file.
But now I have a language mix... I think it's a skin thing, right?

Best regards
Hype

If it's possible, I want to change to the original english language.

What do you mean by that? you want to replace the wording? if so; just replace the files in the skin under "Locale\EN-US" and also in the Media\Locales\EN-US\ folder

What do you mean by that? 

If I start the aurora dashboard it's translated to my local language and the choice of words is strange.

So... I only want the aurora dash in english. Like all other US/EN users.

The *.xus under "Media\Locales" is already successfully replaced.

But in the "Skin" folder aren't "Locale" folders... there is only one "Default.xzp" file.

If I start the aurora dashboard it's translated to my local language and the choice of words is strange.

So... I only want the aurora dash in english. Like all other US/EN users.

The *.xus under "Media\Locales" is already successfully replaced.

But in the "Skin" folder aren't "Locale" folders... there is only one "Default.xzp" file.

Well, the easiest way is to set your console to use English... otherwise you have to use XDK tools to unpack the xzp followed by replacing the files (also with "Locales" folder) followed by packing it back up again

Well, the easiest way is to set your console to use English...

This isn't an option... because I want games in my local language.

otherwise you have to use XDK tools to unpack the xzp followed by replacing the files (also with "Locales" folder) followed by packing it back up again

Isn't there a simple way?

A config-file or as an option in the aurora settings?

No other way- but we will include a language override setting in a future release so you  can override the console language.  This setting won't have a way to change it in the dash, so it will require modifying the database- but thats as easy as we can make it at this time.

Request another idea : Custom Locales by different people.

Languages can have different variations, and if people want different language, they should be able to choose the locale files or even download from your database, just like Coverflow, Skin layouts or different Artworks.

Request another idea : Custom Locales by different people.

Languages can have different variations, and if people want different language, they should be able to choose the locale files or even download from your database, just like Coverflow, Skin layouts or different Artworks.

I don't think we'll support in dash locales or language changing or downloading- it becomes a bit difficult to manage all of them and feel like that time could be spent adding things like file manager.  Eventually, we'll have a way to change language over and above the ones available in the main dash- and everyone will be able to share their translations and share them if they want.  

Unfortunately, this isn't like other scenes where the UI elements are built from the ground up- we are using XUI and to do locales they need to be included as part of the XZP with no easy way to add new languages outside of that.    They all have to be built into the skin file to be recognized.

so it will require modifying the database- but thats as easy as we can make it at this time.

Thank you... changing a db value sounds easy enough.