RealModScene
MaesterRowen

Aurora 0.2b by Phoenix

Guys, need some help!

I just downloaded the new release, installed it, and after the reboot, it says "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." First I've updated the previous Aurora dash, and after the error message deleted it, and made a completely new install, but it gives me the same message, whe it tries to boot up.

The previous release worked fine. What should I do now?

Guys, need some help!

I just downloaded the new release, installed it, and after the reboot, it says "The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." First I've updated the previous Aurora dash, and after the error message deleted it, and made a completely new install, but it gives me the same message, whe it tries to boot up.

The previous release worked fine. What should I do now?

Tried to install the previous version again, and update it again, but it still the same error... Strange and annoying... :/

edit: I can't believe it... Everything is worked fine for me with my JTAG until now. :( Can't wait to try this new release. :)

MaesterRowen, thank you.

message is gone but I got a fatal crash intercepted message when trying to play the video (after rename) and it threw me back to dashboard.

must be the video file itself, I'm going to experiment a little.

edit: ok, renaming does not work. I converted the .mp4 to .wmv but unfortunately the video quality is not pleasant especially if you're viewing fast action scenes it becomes blocky even when converted to high quality wmv. but I noticed that the trailers you guys included such as Gears of War 2, they are fantastic and small sized too. I'm interest to know what video tool you're using and the parameters you're selecting.

Trailers are all downloaded from xbox.com.  We didn't write or encode any WMVs.   Unfortunately, this isn't a full fledged media player- and we are stuck using the built in libraries.  I wouldn't expect perfect quality and perfect frame rate at high resolutions on this.

Tried to install the previous version again, and update it again, but it still the same error... Strange and annoying... :/

edit: I can't believe it... Everything is worked fine for me with my JTAG until now. :( Can't wait to try this new release. :)

It's probably a file transfer error, try disabling your firewall, and resending all the files...

I personally tested several cases for updating:

0.1a1 -> 0.2b using the built-in-updater, both with and without previous data

0.1 -> 0.2b manual overwrite, both with and without previous data

0.1a1 -> 0.2b manual overwrite, both with and without previous data

0.2b as a fresh install

All of the above cases worked perfectly fine for me...

It's probably a file transfer error, try disabling your firewall, and resending all the files...

I personally tested several cases for updating:

0.1a1 -> 0.2b using the built-in-updater, both with and without previous data

0.1 -> 0.2b manual overwrite, both with and without previous data

0.1a1 -> 0.2b manual overwrite, both with and without previous data

0.2b as a fresh install

All of the above cases worked perfectly fine for me...

Thanks for your reply!

I don't have any firewalls enabled in my system. I transferred directly the files to my external HDD. I've tried with the Dashlauch 3.12, and directly from the newest XEX Menu too. Tried the clean, empty original release without my files, title updates, but no luck. Also tried the stock previous version (witch is still working nice), and updated it again with the updater, but still error at the booting.

I don't understand whats happening... :/ (and only for me by now)

Alguien me puede decir donde encontrar la version en español de antemano gracias

This is a english forum so speak english here!, having your console set to "Spanish" makes Aurora be in spanish...

Thanks for your reply!

I don't have any firewalls enabled in my system. I transferred directly the files to my external HDD. I've tried with the Dashlauch 3.12, and directly from the newest XEX Menu too. Tried the clean, empty original release without my files, title updates, but no luck. Also tried the stock previous version (witch is still working nice), and updated it again with the updater, but still error at the booting.

Do you have any "Quick boot" links? if so; try removing them... they stopped working with an update a while ago, and i noticed that sometimes while i was starting XEXMenu it'd start FSD instead...

I am personally offended that Aurora will not be using chocolate chips in the cookies that it bakes for me.  Chocolate flakes are super retardo and I refuse to be satisfied until chips are implemented in the Aurora dash.  F3, M$, Sony, Atari Jaguar, Sega Game Gear and Colecovision all use chips because that's what works best and that's what the people want.  I can't believe that you would give me something new that doesn't work exactly like the thing I used before. Yeah, chips, bingo.  Do what you want, I don't care anymore. ;)

• Like 1

My console is on DashLaunch. I am not very technical with these RGH consoles. How can I use this dash instead? :)

Exactly what you are trying to tell???

R u asking how to open dashlaunch may I right??

Dashboard is your Xbox os it's kernel version such like 16547,16747,16756

Dashlaunch is some kind of applications ,latest version is 3.12 it is used for configure your Xbox360 ,

u can add custom dash such like aurora and f3 and u can configure network settings bla bla bla

Sent from my ST23i using Tapatalk

My console is on DashLaunch. I am not very technical with these RGH consoles. How can I use this dash instead? :)

Just put it somewhere on your console, like a game... then change your launch.ini pointing to aurora.xex in the path you've put it...

• Like 1

Just put it somewhere on your console, like a game... then change your launch.ini pointing to aurora.xex in the path you've put it...

Thank you. And I meant I have the Freestyle 3 dashboard  :blushing:

Thank you. And I meant I have the Freestyle 3 dashboard :blushing:

Transfer F3 folder to your hdd andthen open your dashlaunch set default path to default.xex(in your f3 folder) and save it nw launch file was created in your hdd nw u can use custom dashboard ,,enjoy

Transfer F3 folder to your hdd andthen open your dashlaunch set default path to default.xex(in your f3 folder) and save it nw launch file was created in your hdd nw u can use custom dashboard ,,enjoy

I want to use Aurora, not freestyle. Aurora looks way better than the freestyle dashboard

I want to use Aurora, not freestyle. Aurora looks way better than the freestyle dashboard

Don't be confused

It's also suitable for aurora

Download aurora files transfer to your hdd and follow my above instruction

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply!

Did you try downloading it again from the website, if the files are corrupt, you can transfer tham as many times as you want to the xbox, but it would always be the same.

Also check if any log is generated in the data/logs folder