RealModScene
tomcat383

What is the proper temperature?

Thanks for the reply,

-yes this was an rrod console (vertical lines - i am no expert could this have been a hana chip prob?)

-this was fixed by a console technician and he then did the rgh - i do not know how he fixed the vertical lines problem.

-this is the cooling pad - http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=xbox+360+vertical+cooling+pad+lights&start=272&um=1&hl=en&tbo=d&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&biw=1280&bih=907&tbm=isch&tbnid=JlrtkGQOKC-G6M:&imgrefurl=http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Cooling-Station/dp/B000H98C36&docid=HXIOGzaYIE4EvM&imgurl=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41ia1wI520L._SL500_SS500_.jpg&w=500&h=500&ei=i5j9UKikDIaz0QGEmYDgAg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=354&sig=104062168306516224856&page=7&tbnh=146&tbnw=146&ndsp=49&ved=1t:429,r:16,s:300,i:52&tx=59&ty=67

-haha i do understand french and the system is debut!

I guess i'm  wondering what is a 'safe' temperature...but perhaps it is an unknown.

100% fan speed is noisy but i would rather that than a dead xbox

yah ana or gpu..cpu and ram would not give vertical lines (unless someone can proove me wrong but i doubt!)

anyway, its the first time i see this kind of cooling pad..i dont feel like it would really do big difference with that..looks kind of crappy..did you try without it? see if it really does a difference.

i think a safe temp (for the long terme-time) for a old xbox would be about 60c max, but for an xbox that already had a rrod, its will maybe eventually start to heat up again if the fix wasnt properly made. The reason why its hard to to tell an exact safe temp, is because lot of xbox haves there history beind..(rrod, room for the console, if you smoke or not near it, if its near a heater, if its on a carpet, etc etc..) but if you want to be sure: 60c is defenitly safe.

me what i would do, i would open the console, reball everything (well probably..), and then mod the heatsinks to put a small fan on it, pointing in the direction of the stock fan. I usually take small mini fan that i put direclty on the heatsink (with a little curve to disperse the heat more easyly!..) and i solder it to a 6v source on the motherboard.

but when you're done playing with a game, if you see thta the temperature is near 70c, dont turn off your console! let it cool down a little bit before turning it off because when you will turn it off, the 70c wont be ventilated from the xbox and may damage your console. Most of the rrod for the old consoles didnt happen while in-game, it was when turning it back on and bam! red rings...so if its near 70c when you're done playing a loong time, wait like 1 minutes to cool it down to atleast 60c before turning the power off.

(ps: slim's users should not be stressed of shutting it down while its hot..but still,..have to be logic..i mean..if its 80c well would be good to.....anyway...)

55c for CPU and GPU.  70c for RAM.

hi!well to be honest 70c is a bit to high for only RAMs. what system version do you have? and for this temperature, what percentage do you put your fan settings in FSD ? if you are able to open your console by yourself and have a bit of knowledge, you can and should put some small pad on the RAMS, but its not all the pads that are good! And with the temperature you say you have, we see that the rest of the console ventilate good, so i would suggest pads that will work better when ventilated, so in the same material that the heatsink. You can find those mini mini mini heatsink in most of computer shop, and they already have some kind of sticky-thermal-paste-sticker underneath them, those are great when theres only the ram that heat to much, because like i said, they will ventilate really good..but you can also use those grey pad to put on the ram chips..anyway you're not obligated to do that, its just an advice if you want to be sure that you wont need a futur reflow..

Hello i got question about my temp aswell :) I have Slim 4gb Corona. My temperatures are like this after i start console and its working for a while:

Posted Image

When i play a game temperatures go to like 73/74 in gpu cpu. In DashLaunch under system info target temperatures are set to CPU 82 GPU 78 EDRam 76. CPU Fan is set to 40. So what can i do to get those temperatures down? Or should i just keep those settings? I didnt change anything in FSD Fan settings. I dont want to do anything that would harm my console and im a little bit scared that those temp gonna make rrod fast ;/  I can add that my console is under my tv before i bought console there was dvd player. Its just special place to put this kind of electronics ^^ There's plenty place tbh there so. I dont even know what temp were set during freeboot making ;/

Hello i got question about my temp aswell :) I have Slim 4gb Corona. My temperatures are like this after i start console and its working for a while:When i play a game temperatures go to like 73/74 in gpu cpu. In DashLaunch under system info target temperatures are set to CPU 82 GPU 78 EDRam 76. CPU Fan is set to 40. So what can i do to get those temperatures down? Or should i just keep those settings? I didnt change anything in FSD Fan settings. I dont want to do anything that would harm my console and im a little bit scared that those temp gonna make rrod fast ;/  I can add that my console is under my tv before i bought console there was dvd player. Its just special place to put this kind of electronics ^^ There's plenty place tbh there so. I dont even know what temp were set during freeboot making ;/

i got my slim at 45% and the temps never go over 55°c. is your fan speed set on automatic i.e. when the console reaches your set temperature or is it at a constant fan speed of 40%

i got my slim at 45% and the temps never go over 55°c. is your fan speed set on automatic i.e. when the console reaches your set temperature or is it at a constant fan speed of 40%

Hard to say cause it dont even reach those target temperatures ;/ Only as i mentioned 72/74 when i play a game and i wrote that in Dash Launch its set to 40. I would like to get ur temperatures really. In FSD settings fan is set to auto. I dont really get it and im so confused about it. I would like to get such a low temperatures lol.

i got my slim at 45% and the temps never go over 55°c. is your fan speed set on automatic i.e. when the console reaches your set temperature or is it at a constant fan speed of 40%Hard to say cause it dont even reach those target temperatures ;/ Only as i mentioned 72/74 when i play a game and i wrote that in Dash Launch its set to 40. I would like to get ur temperatures really. In FSD settings fan is set to auto. I dont really get it and im so confused about it. I would like to get such a low temperatures lol.

in Dashlaunch where the fan settings are you have a little box beside where you set your fan %, uncheck the box and the fan should run at 40% speed not on automatic.

''..I didnt change anything in FSD Fan settings. I dont want to do anything that would harm my console..''

dont worry, if in the fsd's fan setting you just put it higher, nothing can happened bad. But lowering-it can end-up damaging your console. So just to be sure while you try some stuff to fix your problem, you should atleast put your FSD fan settings at 100%, that way you will clearly hear-it when you activate or desactivate the ''automatic'' feature in Dashlaunch. Then do like prayer said in dashlaunch.

to do so: go to the second menu of dashlaunch by pressing LB (on the ocntroller..), then go to system info,and you uncheck the green square beside the fan setting..then you will hear you fan run at 100% (since you have put your FSD fan setting to 100% before..) save and quit!.. so Back to FSD, go in your fan settings and set it to how you want until you find your good temp settings.

Thanks for those info and answers guys. I will do as u wrote if u said that changing fan speed wont damage it or xbox. One guy told me to not do that cause it my damage it. Thats why i was worried. Should i also change target temoeratures or leave it as it is? cpu 82 gpu 78 edram 76?

you don't have to mess with it since the fan doesn't run on automatic anymore. Just set the fan speed you want, uncheck the little square/box as instructed and enjoy! :pp.s. I keep my FSD fan settings at auto because I can't set it on 45% as desired and instead I change it in Dashlaunch and save the settings. The changes should kick in instantly! Good luck!

My xbox slim runs at 76-77 degrees Celsius. 

When I try to set custom fan speed, it runs directly to 60%, and it sounds very loud. Why can't I set it to, let's say, 40-45%?

My xbox slim runs at 76-77 degrees Celsius. 

When I try to set custom fan speed, it runs directly to 60%, and it sounds very loud. Why can't I set it to, let's say, 40-45%?

If u would read above posts u would know ;P You can set 40-45% in Dashlaunch in system info. When u are on Dashlaunch just press LB once and then go to system info.EDIT:I changed GPU Fan override in dashlaunch and its now on 40%. Temperatures droped during playing a game to cpu ~60 gpu 58 mem 53 and i didnt changed anything in target temp. So i must say im happier now ;P But i think about seting to 45% Gonna see any difference? And about those fan speeds it wont hurt them too much? I mean like i will play for a month or so and then fan will explode or stop to work heh ;D? Oh i would forgot i didnt change anything in FSD settings so its fine?

• Like 1

on 45% you should get a full load temperature of max 55°c on the cpu and 52°c on the gpu(I keep it at that speed). the only thing that could be damaged is the fan which CAN be replaced (slim chance of that happening). It is worth the risk since you can replace the fan but not the motherboard if it overheats. I personaly own two fans, the stock one that came with the console and a talismoon led slim which i bought from amazon for $20 so I don't worry about my fan "blowing up" :D But then again, as I said there is a really slim chance of fan failure if you increase the speed.

...But then again, as I said there is a really slim chance of fan failure if you increase the speed.

You mean small chances or what? ;P It seems u ate some words there! ^^ So i think im gonna set it on 45%. Can you tell me one thing i should change something in fan settings from fsd? Or just keep it. I can't let fan to stop working! Since i have guarantee on console. 6 months left ;) It's hard to change fan by myself in xbox? Or its like i take off the top and then plug off old fan?

slim/small it's all the same ;)don't mess with FSD just increase the % in Dashlaunch to 45 and exit. To remove the fan you will have to open your xbox case, remove the fan that is on top of the heatsink and the hdd tray, plug the new fan in and assemble the console back. You have many tutorials on youtube on how to do that.

come on Prayer, you're scaring the guy XD

...seriously you cant really damage the fans, you have same fans for pc and they never burn!..i mean like Prayer said its small chances..but seriously its really more then small chances..its 99.999% impossible to burn those fans! so dont worry of putting it high. you could even let it run at 100% most of the time if you would want, and they will still live almost forever

cpu fans are usually made with magnet ring-berrings (..not sure if its said that way in english..) inside and there are no friction at all since the small ring-berring kinda floats in the magnet ring..so they only chance of a fan to die would mostly if there where to much power, but its not possible in xbox's case unless you modifie badly your fan (inside the console with wires etc ..)

And me what i suggest: if you use the fan settings from Dashlaunch, well also put your FSD's fan setting to the same % you've put in dashlaunch. So that way if something happend with dashlaunch or updates or whatever, well your FSD will atleast keep the fan high. Its a good way to have a secure-setting in case something happen ;)

• Like 1

These are my temps for my Xbox360 Slim: CPU: 50.3 GPU: 45.7 MEM: 40.7 CASE: 30.3 after leaving it on over night running Halo 3 intro loop. I added new thermal paste and run the fan @ 85%. These temp should be normal right?

Yeah, they're ok.

i have xbox 360 slim board:corona  flash:corona   type:glitch2   in SMC Cocfig Settings my CPU Target Temp is 83

GPU Target Temp is 78

EDRAM Target Temp is 76 it is all by default is that normal

And CPU Fan Speed Override isn`t checked but it is set on 40

I`am telling you this becouse I saw that my xbox  is very hot while playing games around 80`C

what should i do please help

Amazing! My temp is normaly around 37C gpu, 33C cpu. And im getting annoyed by the high temps of 44C, 36C now during summer time, lol. And yes i have fan modded my xbox like hell. So im fine i guess, lol again.