RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
cozmo72

Dark Souls II langauge issue

Hi there, I have an NTSC-J console and own dark souls II NTSC. When I try to play dark souls ii NTSC, everything is in Japanese. I change all the setting on my console to English but nothing changes. Also there is no language option in the game. Ive ripped it to my hard drive, and when I look at the root directory of dark souls ii there is an English language file in there. I read somewhere some other people had the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution to it. I was looking on the internet to see if I could find a PAL copy anywhere but unfortunately I couldn't. is there anyway I can convert my ntsc version to pal and see if that makes a difference? or does anyone know how to change the language settings?

thanks again

There is a PAL version aswell, did you set the Country to United States aswell? not just the language to english?

Hey thanks for the reply :) yes set to united states and English. I know PAL exists, I meant I just couldn't justifying buying a PAL one if I own an NTSC copy already, and I couldn't find a PAL one anywhere to download. I've had kind of similar things happen with other NTSC games (usually Capcom games) but there always seems to be an in game setting to change the language. I even tried to delete the Japanese language files from the games root, but when I started up the game all the text had just disappeared :ninja:

You really suck at searching... i found a "Region Free" version of the game from americans (iirc they're american, or european at the very least; imars)

thanks for the reply again, really appreciate it. yeah I found a region free copy too but that did the same. Is there anyway to edit some files so the xbox thinks it is pal? also thinking of renaming the English language files to the same name as the Japanese language files and swap them round and see if that works. Can't hurt to try! :unsure: Ill let you know what happens!

I swapped the files round but still came up in Japanese. The file in each language folder is named the same so maybe its all the same file. So frustrating there are about 10 different langauges in there.

I swapped the files round but still came up in Japanese. The file in each language folder is named the same so maybe its all the same file. So frustrating there are about 10 different langauges in there.

It's funky, i remember playing it in English when it came out, try removing your gamesave and doing it from scratch, maybe that'll help?

The language files should be in their respective language... you can do a CRC32 or MD5 check on them, if they're identical, then it's not the case... if they're not identical... then they're for each language...

Hi just incase anyone is in the same boat as I was, if you have a Japanese 360 this game will only play in Japanese as there is no language option and it default starts the game in Japanese. to change to English -

1) start Dashlaunch

2) Behaviour tab/ regionspoof - enabled

3) region - Change to 0x00FF (it will confirm that that's NTSC/US)

4) exit dash launch, hold RB and start dark souls 2.

now its in English :D

• Like 1