RealModScene
Keyser

GaDaBaMa 3.2 for F3

Thanks for the file. Now everything is clear.

For some reason - unknown to me - it writes the header wrong.

As you can see in this picture

Posted Image

There are 15 instances of DDS files packed into the .assets file. The header tells F3 where they start and their sizes.

More info about .assets files here.

Now, everywhere where it should say F8 it says 3F. For example:

Start address of fullcover (Hex 80) is 00 00 01 F8 but in the header it says 00 00 01 3F.

Boxart (Hex 08) is correct, start address 00 0B 06 18

Background (Hex 02) is wrong again, start address should be 00 10 68 F8 but the header says 00 10 68 3F

Somehow it calculates 3F instead of F8. Unfortunately I have no idea why it does that. I guess it doesn't properly understand the function used (?) With all the trouble you had with your Offce install I'm not sure if something is missing now.

The .assets file creation is a bit complex in VBA. I'll see if I can isolate the main (hex-calculations) steps to run some tests.

But what really puzzles me is that 00 00 01 3F thing. Somehow I decided to start with fullcover and hardcoded the start address as it is always the same. (The header size is 504 bytes) so:

'Write Asset Fullcover Hex 80

Select Case HasCover

Case True

myHexValue = "80" 'Asset Hex

myHexValue = myHexValue & "000001F8" 'Startadress is always the same as 504 bytes = 00 00 01 F8

myHexValue = myHexValue & SizeCover & SizeCover & "000000" 'Size is already in hex

objStream.WriteText Hex2String(myHexValue)

Case False

End Select

For the next file:

startHexAddress = Right("00000000" & Hex(504 + DecSizeCover), 8) 'size of cover!

If there is no fullcover, than the startHexAddress for the next file is still 00 00 01 F8 (calculated)

Now why on earth should it write 00 00 01 3F ? Your .assets file has fullcover. So it takes the hardcoded 00 00 01 F8...

And the other addresses are rightly calculated.

Hmm.. Maybe it is a charset problem?

Hardcoded is this charset for the .assets file header:

objStream.Charset = "Windows-1252"

I will test other charsets eventually I get other results.

It must be the codepage/charset. For example Windows-1255/6 uses also a lot of 3F (?).

I guess your Windows is not in english. You can download the english language pack here or use Windows Update - Optional Updates and select English Lng Pack. I suppose that it installs the codepage Windows-1252 as well. You don't have to set Windows in english as default, I guess it just needs some components to support Windows-1252.

From Wikipedia: Windows-1252 or CP-1252 is a character encoding of the Latin alphabet, used by default in the legacy components of Microsoft Windows in English and some other Western languages.

Meanwhile I'll revise the code. Maybe with a few tweaks it can run in UNICODE which is widely supported by the most systems.

Edit:

Regional Settings: mine is set to German (Switzerland) but I guess English would work as well

Edit2:

Just saw that your system is Hebrew = Windows-1255. Try changing the non-unicode to english or download the english pack.

The header is created through a function in GaDaBaMa. Windows-1252 is hardcoded as file codepage. Maybe if 1252 is not installed it falls back to system default, which in your case would be 1255, hence the ??? -> 3F.

hey ,

i have windows 7 pro sp1 in english , and i have changed the 4th tab in my regonal settings ( nonunicode is now english us - before it was hebrew )

i'm running gadabama again strating from step 3 and pressed all games.

and i will see if that help me ... i'll keep you posted..

is there anywhere else i need to check my encoding ? my internet explorer is set to UNICODE UTF-8 ...

i have 4 questions:

1.how do you post your images ?

2.do i need to rollback to clean db in order to check the changes in the .assets file ?

3.how can i check to the assets file so i wouldn't disturb you all the time ?

4. how is it that i can see the brif game text from market ( is it saved as text in the DB )? the image files are saves as a "point location" in the DB ?

i'm just curious to know beacuse i'm a system administrator , and i work with sybase databases ...

thanks a lot

ok103

I give you some short answers as I'm in a hurry.

1. There should be a forum faq. I use the image symbol

2. Nope

3. If you see the images all is good. Otherwise use a hex editor

4. Thats saved in a db data/databases/content.db use sqlite to open it

Sent from my GT-I9100

hey keyser,

I wanted to let you know that after i changed my RS ( 4th tab ) - language to non unicode program - English - IT WORKS !!!!!!!

i wanted to thank you for all your support !!!

and i have a few more questions :

you told me how to manually add pics (coverboxsetbackgroud and screenshots) ,

but can you write me the sizes of each one ( if i want to download a cover boxset ? ) can you recommand sites for coverboxset?

on the gadabama i have DLC and game saves - what are those .. how can i download them ..

what is TU ( title update ) and how do i download it? - if my games are "free"

and one more thing :

is there a problem connecting to the internet with FS3 ? i can't seem to be able to connect to the internet - before the upgrade i could ...

again ,

i want to thank you so much for all your help !!!!

if you need me to help aroud here i would love to !

if you need a beat tester i would love to help out !!

thanks again

ok103

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback. I’m glad it works now. I’m gonna include the solution under known errors as long as the function uses Windows-1252 codepage.

Sizes

When you click on the image box you want to replace like Covers [] a window will open where you select the file. The title of the window bears the size. For example Cover will be resized to 900x600 (DDS).

Cover/boxarts

Jqe360.com is the official site. Upload your covers there. Additionally I search for covers here, here and here. There might be other sites as well.

DLC / GameSaves

This serves just as an info. If you let GaDaBaMa scan your Content folder (through X360PkgTool.exe – included) you’ll see which DLC is installed. If you download DLC info from xbox.com (get DLC info checkbox) you’ll be able to see if you have missing DLC (through report DLC, TreeView, D hotkey, DLC tab). GameSaves have no practical use. Just information. You cannot download any DLC/GameSaves.

TitleUpdates

As the name suggests, it updates your [Game]Title. This is needed when DLC comes out or Bugfixes etc. You need the latest TU for LiNK. You can download TU for each game separately or for all games (most recent) at once. See the manual for more details (Troubleshooting – TU)

F3 internet

Please ask F3 questions at F3 support.

Thanks for helping.

hey keyser .

thank for your info i got the cover/boxset and stuff covered !

i hope everything will be good with my WIfi ..... and then i'll be happy .

thanks again for all your help

and iof you need any help from me write me ..

ok103

FYI

I have the same problem as member "ok103" - with polish encoding in win7 64-bit. I will change this to english and give it a try.

Will next revision/version support unicode, so It won't be necessary to change this setting?

Also great job with this program. I used it earlier on FSD 2.2, and it worked just fine.

Will next revision/version support unicode, so It won't be necessary to change this setting?

No, this kind of approach does not work with UNICODE. But I found a way to save the header without using a charset/codepage.

As the whole function was created with Hex-Strings they'll just get converted to bytes and written as binary file.

Tested with Hebrew setting and works fine. Now I just have to rewrite some passages to use this method. Sorry for the trouble.

EDIT:

Could somebody please confirm if it works now? Here is the LINK to version 3.1.1

I've tested it with Hebrew and it seems to create the .assets files just fine. Thanks!

• Like 1

Could somebody please confirm if it works now? Here is the LINK to version 3.1.1

I've tested it with Hebrew and it seems to create the .assets files just fine. Thanks!

I'll check and report if it works with Polish.

EDIT : Checked! Works great for Polish! Thanks for this fix.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback! 3.1.1 released

Changelog

New Trailer hotkeys:

-F -> FullScreen on/off

-ESC -> stop video/back to game details

-Fixed err 3018 ImportGameAssetInfo

-Fixed err 91 FieldExists

-Fixed err 2450 GoToImageID

-Fixed err 3078 Init_Imageflow/WriteImageflowIndexHTML

-Fixed err 3259 SQ_Cleanup

-Changed/fixed view for TitleUpdates in TreeView

-Changed/fixed .assets header creation to binary (fixes codepage errors)

hey there keyser ,

i can't download the file .. .

when i try , i get : "download not avalible , file owner's public traffic exhausted.

ok103

• Like 1

I had a little run on my Rapidshare account. Available traffic has now been extented to 30GB. Should be enough for a while. Thanks for your feedback.

hi keyser,

i copy freestyle folder from my xbox hard drive to usb.

then get it to GaDaBaMa (God bless you).

after downloading and syncing (step1 ... 4), i notice that only 'data' folder was changed, therefor i replace it with original 'Data' folder in my XBOX Hrad Drive, an restart xbox.

in freestyle i can not see any game cover but there's description , background image is OK.

please help,

I would like to thank you for your effort

i used Freestyle Dash 30Rev402 and GaDaBaMa_3_1_1

Your assumptions are correct. Only Data folder gets changed.

The question is if the covers where a) downloaded and b.) in the sync queue.

To a) xbox.com has no fullcovers. They need to be downloaded from jqe360.com (Tab Jqe360.com) If you download from xbox.com you have the option to exclude boxarts & covers. This option is necessary if you select Delete folder content first and you would like to keep your covers or if you intent to download boxarts & covers in higher resolution from jqe360.com

To b.) If you click Tab SyncQueue and either SQ_Form or SQ_Report it is possible that your sync queue is empty now. So it asks if you would like to repeat the last run. Say yes, and you’ll see the content of your last sync queue (it can be completely deleted afterwars through the SQ_Form). Are the covers part of the syncqueue? If not, see a).

Otherwise I’ll need a few more details. Consider though, that few games do not have covers and some that have, have corrupted images (blank).

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

thank,

it's work like a charm (a.), that's resolve my problem. it downloaded all covers from Jqe360.com. now my son can view game covers and choose games in FSD.

God bless you.

have you any idea about game covers in NXE?

i buyed a slim and jtaged it. and updated it's dashborad version is 16197. but in nxe all installed games doest have any cover.

• Like 1

I'm glad it worked. Thanks for the feedback :)

Afaik NXE downloads boxarts from xbox.com as well but you need LIVE for that.

I don't know where they are saved nor if there is a way to do it manually, sorry.

Maybe you'll get an answer by opening a new topic about this matter.

If it's easy to achieve I might consider add that feature later.

• Like 1

Since GaDaBaMa 2.1 you need to disable this feature on the database you wish to sync and to enable it in another F3 application you use to connect with GaDaBaMa. Under Settings, enable Samba server.

If you’re successful, you’ll see clients connected: 1.

• F3 App with all your content -> Samba disabled
  • F3 App – called Samba App -> Samba enabled

(new install without

scanpaths, games etc.)

Each time you wish to sync GaDaBaMa with your main F3 database you must enter your Samba App. This is done to prevent random errors while reading/writing the database. Of course if you connect your Xbox360 HDD through USB/eSATA you don’t need a Samba App, but you must disable Samba on your F3 App as it performs the check either way. I do not recommend syncing over SAMBA!

Hey,

I just downloaded GaDaBaMa and I'm not sure how to set it up.

It says I need to disable SAMBA somewhere and enable it somewhere else, I don't really understand where...

Also, it says something about a samba app, what is that?

I have used GaDaBaMa before (a long time ago though, way before F3) and there was nothing about a Samba App...

Great program guys but every time I try to import my Db, I get Error 3163: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. . Try inserting or pasting less data.

Any ideas how to get around this??

1. I do not recommend syncing over Samba. During my tests I had randomly crashes over Samba and therefore GaDaBaMa does not allow to have Samba enabled on the database you wish to sync.

That said, if you really have to do it over LAN you'll need a 2nd app with Samba enabled. That's what I called Samba App in the example above. For example

F3 you wish to sync -> Samba disabled

F3 or FSD2 or another app with Samba -> Samba enabled

Error 3163

I would need a bit more details. The bug report says which function causes the error for example.

Yeah sorry about the lack of detail!!

Firstly I've never used Gadabama, so from the start there is no database, So I follow the steps suggested and set the destination for the F3 folder and the content folder. I then go to the next step of importing F3 and content data. This is when the error occurs.

Error 3163: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. . Try inserting or pasting less data.

Then when I run the program again it asks me to repeat the process.

I understand that you can plug in an external drive to your pc and Gadabama will see it, rather than going over samba. However I really want to download covers for my xbla content which F3 is not getting for me, but strangely it has no problem getting the game covers automatically. So Gadabama is my best option or its refresh artwork 3000 + times to get all data for my indie and xbla games. The xbla and dlc are on the internal drive so my only option is to use samba as far as I know.

Could you suggest a samba app that you mention on your post?

I hope this is what you needed?

Running latest F3, dashlaunch 3.05 and 14719

Error 3163

When you get this error, does a window pop up asking if you want to send a bug report? If yes, the title of this window bears the name of the function. This info is crucial.

Content Data

Actually you don't need to scan your content if you just want to download images. In Step2 you import F3's database. Scanning content is optional. It will just show you which DLC you have installed for example + game saves.

Drive/Paths

GaDaBaMa needs to know where F3 is. However, F3 can be anywhere. Doesn't matter if the games are in another drive. For example: my games are on an external eSATA drive. F3 sits on a USB Stick.

Samba App

I think there is a misunderstanding. You can have more than 1 FreeStyle3 installation. Just use a blank F3 installation without building up a database (no scanpaths etc.) but enable Samba - therefore, it's called Samba app in the manual. If you want to sync your F3 database (the one with all your games etc. and Samba disabled) start the Samba App (blank F3 install). 3000 Games over Samba? I synced 3500 images over Samba (3.2 GB) and it took me well over 1h (about 300 games). The same sync over USB 3.0 was 8 minutes long.