RealModScene
Swizzy

Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.4b

It's the install probably... take it back to who ever installed the hack for you and have them optimize the installation for you...

i was unable to understand what you said please explain it  sorry for the english and thanks in advance

i was unable to understand what you said please explain it  sorry for the english and thanks in advance

Whoever installed the hack in your console did a poor job at doing so if it's super slow, or they used a bad chip... either way, take it back to whoever it was and have them fix it for you...

Hi Swizzy I have been trying to update my nand, everything was going well got my flashdmp 16.5mb.  Use xebuild 2.094 got my new updflash 48mb followed instructions for corona4g.  Now when I go to flash my nand I get this You are about to flash image that don't contain spare data to a machine that requires it.  Error game:\updflash.bin - size 50331648 is not a valid image size, this is some of the text from simple 360 nand flasher text document.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong and what this means  thanks for your time

Hi Swizzy I have been trying to update my nand, everything was going well got my flashdmp 16.5mb.  Use xebuild 2.094 got my new updflash 48mb followed instructions for corona4g.  Now when I go to flash my nand I get this You are about to flash image that don't contain spare data to a machine that requires it.  Error game:\updflash.bin - size 50331648 is not a valid image size, this is some of the text from simple 360 nand flasher text document.  Can you tell me what I am doing wrong and what this means  thanks for your time

Yes, you don't have a 4G corona ;)

16.5MB = 16MB Console, let it automatically decide for you what model you have and go from there... if it cannot autodetect idk what's wrong...

Also, you need to use xeBuild GUI 2.096 not 2.094, 2.094 is outdated

• Like 1

Thank you Swizzy updated to xebuild 2.096, flashed updated 16.5mb nand everything is updated dashlaunch V3.15 kernel 17349 and FSD 775.  Have one small problem when I go to turn machine off, it turns off fine but then power button blinks every 6 seconds and I can see PSU light is still green and I can hear fan going.  I waited a couple of minutes and then pulled the plug.  Put plug back in and it stays off, this never happened before on last kernel 16203 is there any settings that must be change any advice on this would be great thanks for your time 

Thank you Swizzy updated to xebuild 2.096, flashed updated 16.5mb nand everything is updated dashlaunch V3.15 kernel 17349 and FSD 775.  Have one small problem when I go to turn machine off, it turns off fine but then power button blinks every 6 seconds and I can see PSU light is still green and I can hear fan going.  I waited a couple of minutes and then pulled the plug.  Put plug back in and it stays off, this never happened before on last kernel 16203 is there any settings that must be change any advice on this would be great thanks for your time

It's most likely related to a setting related to background downloads, check if it's enabled or not... if it's enabled and you have a USB device connected it may cause your console to stay on, especially common with play 'n' charge kits

Think u might have the same problem i had i just went into metro dash and disabled background downloads and seems better now maybe this will help you also

• Like 2

Yes, you don't have a 4G corona ;)

16.5MB = 16MB Console, let it automatically decide for you what model you have and go from there... if it cannot autodetect idk what's wrong...

Also, you need to use xeBuild GUI 2.096 not 2.094, 2.094 is outdated

Work like a charm.

It's weird because my Xbox really has 4GB of internal space.

I Followed instructions for Xell GUI Corona 4g, generates an image of +/- 49mb making the "size" error while flashing nand, so I iguinored and made again but just setting imput/output and take cpukey by file that this program generates. Auto detected everything and generate the correct +/- 17mb image...

I'm confusing something?

Thank you for the solution anyway.

Work like a charm.

I Followed instructions for Xell GUI Corona 4g, generates an image of +/- 49mb making the "size" error while flashing nand, so I iguinored and made again but just setting imput/output and take cpukey by file that this program generates. Auto detected everything and generate the correct +/- 17mb image...

I'm confusing something?

Are you 100% sure it's a corona?

Before corona there was Trinity, which had a 4GB Module, Corona have either 16.5MB NAND or a ~4GB MMC the later is referred to as corona4g

There are hacks that allow you to install a USB device inside of the console, allowing you to sorta emulate the internal built in memory...

Keep in mind, this tool cannot create a valid 16.5MB dump from a MMC console, so i'm 99.9999999....% sure it's NOT a corona4g

Are you 100% sure it's a corona?

Before corona there was Trinity, which had a 4GB Module, Corona have either 16.5MB NAND or a ~4GB MMC the later is referred to as corona4g

There are hacks that allow you to install a USB device inside of the console, allowing you to sorta emulate the internal built in memory...

Keep in mind, this tool cannot create a valid 16.5MB dump from a MMC console, so i'm 99.9999999....% sure it's NOT a corona4g

How could I know if is a USB or a really internal and original drive? There is a easy way without open console?

Corona as seen on dashlaunch:

Board: Corona

Flash: Corona

Type: Glitch2

Kernel now: 2.0.17349.0

It's an super slim model.

How could I know if is a USB or a really internal and original drive? There is a easy way without open console?

Corona as seen on dashlaunch:

Board: Corona

Flash: Corona

Type: Glitch2

Kernel now: 2.0.17349.0

It's an super slim model.

Well, send me your dump and i'll tell you if it is indeed a valid dump, if not, you've stumbled upon a crazy console :) (i don't need your cpukey to check for this, just the dump itself)

I'll check in the morning when i wake up again if you've sent it to me (do so by PM/Message, not a post in this thread)

• Like 1

Work like a charm.

I'm confusing something?

the 4gb of internal space has NOTHING to do with the nand.. all it is, is a spare 4gb of memory, for saves/profiles and such.. if you dump your nand in Jrunner, it should state the MOBO type, and it won't even allow you to dump if it is the 4gb nands..

as for xebuild, i assume the same, as Jrunner uses xebuild to do it's work 

• Like 1

the 4gb of internal space has NOTHING to do with the nand.. all it is, is a spare 4gb of memory, for saves/profiles and such.. if you dump your nand in Jrunner, it should state the MOBO type, and it won't even allow you to dump if it is the 4gb nands..

as for xebuild, i assume the same, as Jrunner uses xebuild to do it's work

Actually, corona have 4GB MMC devices which have the 4GB Module on the same device as the NAND ;)

Actually, corona have 4GB MMC devices which have the 4GB Module on the same device as the NAND ;)

well, when you try to dump it with jrunner using nand-x, it will kick an error saying you need another means of getting it(4g r/w kit) 

was just pointing out that you'd know.. but i could've misread something.. as the whole 16MB nands aren't those models.. but i could be wrong??

When dumping nand ive got bad read error(found bad block @ 0x2CD).

That ignor in the end and bin file complete succcessful. So i can open it with xeBuild. But i wana know what is that error. I also use fakeanim tool so i deleted bootanim.xex from flash. Thats why i see this error?

Another question, my console is slim 250gig (trinity). When i open the dumped bin file with xeBuild, default selected to RGH1.x. I guess RGH1 is for Phat consoles so can i set it to RGH2 ?

When dumping nand ive got bad read error(found bad block @ 0x2CD).

That ignor in the end and bin file complete succcessful. So i can open it with xeBuild. But i wana know what is that error. I also use fakeanim tool so i deleted bootanim.xex from flash. Thats why i see this error?

Another question, my console is slim 250gig (trinity). When i open the dumped bin file with xeBuild, default selected to RGH1.x. I guess RGH1 is for Phat consoles so can i set it to RGH2 ?

It's a "normal" error, some get it, others don't... it just means that the block @ 0x2CD is bad, it's remapped to 3FF, as long as you have less then ~ 5 bad blocks in a 16MB machine, it's generally fine, i don't remember the exact limit, but... there more then 5 tends to be pretty bad...

Trinity can be either RGH 1.x or 2.x, it doesn't really matter as it's the same for both really... (Trinity was the first slim to be hacked, and it was released with RGH 1.0 the "style" of the hack is RGH 2 tho)

• Like 1

Hi Swizzy,

My current Dash is 2.0.16547.0 and I did my research and I'm pretty sure that I have a Corona.

I've been trying to update to the latest dash without luck. I haven't been able to make the backup of my nand.

My problem with this flasher is when I open the .xex I got the 'GAME ERROR' windows. So I haven't been able to even open your flasher. I try already with the version 1.2, 1.2.2 and 1.4B. All of then not working for me.. Any clue why?

Thank you very much!

Where do you run it from? what do you use to transfer it to your console? what do you use to run it?

Where do you run it from? what do you use to transfer it to your console? what do you use to run it?

Where do you run it from?

I just copy and Paste the folder into the root of my HDD (the same that has all my games).

what do you use to transfer it to your console?

I connect my external HDD to my computer an use windows 10 to transfer the folder to the HDD, then plug the HDD to my console.

what do you use to run it?

I try to run it through the Xexmenu 1.1 and the Aurora 0.5 getting the same error.

the path in the Usb0 is : \Xbox360\System\Usb0\Simple 360 NAND Flasher\Default.xex

Thank you!

It's very strange that it doesn't work for you in that location, if it would've been something like USB0:\Default.xex and you it started directly from the console booting (dash.xex replacement basically) i would've known exactly what the problem is...

What you should probably do is try a different memory device, a different usb stick or so... perhaps try a different computer aswell, i don't know what problem is except for any of those reasons, unless of course you patched the xex using something? (that's just plain stupid as it'll run as-is with no changes made to it)

It's very strange that it doesn't work for you in that location, if it would've been something like USB0:\Default.xex and you it started directly from the console booting (dash.xex replacement basically) i would've known exactly what the problem is...

What you should probably do is try a different memory device, a different usb stick or so... perhaps try a different computer aswell, i don't know what problem is except for any of those reasons, unless of course you patched the xex using something? (that's just plain stupid as it'll run as-is with no changes made to it)

Problem Resolved Swizzy, you gave me the idea to try with another memory device and thats was the problem. I used a 8GB Memory Flash, and the flasher run perfectly. Thank you!