RealModScene
Swizzy

Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.4b

I've decided to release this update now, it's been ready for quite some time, i just didn't feel like uploading it anywhere until now... so... here it is ;) below you'll find the readme/changelog ;) the update is attatched to the thread...

As with most of my other tools, it is open source, this hasn't changed since v1.2... the code is however not included with the download, instead you can find it here: https://github.com/Swizzy/XDK_Projects/tree/master/Simple%20360%20NAND%20Flasher

Simple 360 NAND Flasher By Swizzy v1.4b (BETA)

** Please note that this is an open BETA, it have been tested by me and a few friends, but... i don't take any

responsibility for possible bricks, make sure you understand this before you use this new version! **

* Requirements *

- A Hacked Xbox 360 (JTAG/RGH or similar)

- A nand dump to write or just enough space to save your nanddump on whatever device you use this app on

** For AutoMode: **

- A CRC32 hash of updflash.bin (in file updflash.crc32)

- A File named "simpleflasher.cmd" containing a command described in the secton "AutoMode" below

* What it does *

- It'll flash your motherboards nand with the supplied image (updflash.bin) using rawflash v4 or rawflash4g v1

- It'll dump your motherboards nand with to flashdmp.bin using rawdump v1 or rawdump4g v1

* AutoMode *

Below is a list of commands followed by an explanation of what it does:

read - Dumps nand to flashdmp.bin and generates a CRC32 hash in flashdmp.crc32

dump - ^ same as above

write - Writes updflash.bin to nand (if CRC32 hash matches)

flash - ^ same as above

safe - Safeflash (dump + write) requires CRC32 hash like write, but dumps to recovery.bin instead

exit - Just exit the app, mainly meant for just extracting CPUKey...

reboot - Reboots the whole console, mainly meant for FSD plugin updates

In order for these features to actually work you have to write any of the above keywords/commands in a file called "simpleflasher.cmd"

This file is read on launch and deleted once read (NOTE: It'll ONLY read 1 line!)

* CPUKey Extraction *

It's finally here, i could've had it working a long time ago, i just didn't get the test app working... and decided to put it aside for a while...

This feature requires that you have dashlaunch 3.01 or later installed, if you don't it'll warn you about it...

* Credits *

- cOz Thanks for all the help you constantly give me with just about everything, and thanks for rawflash! :D

- Thanks to xvistaman for helping me solve that one last error i had with corona4g writes! i owe you ;)

- Thanks to blaKcat for listening to me about security stuff, CRC32 hashes etc. and not releasing the modified version before my official one ;)

- Thanks to everyone that has helped me test it!: Jonblu @ Consoleopen, Sileandro and Razkar And others that i don't know the name of...

- Thanks also goes to who ever it was that ported rawflash to SDK in the first place and making it open source!

- Thanks also to everyone that reports bugs and/or errors in ALL my apps :)

* Future features *

- Standalone Network controls (AutoMode was designed for AutoGG's network updates and requires FTP access with App Execution)

* Changelog *

v1.4b (BETA)

- Fixed: It'll now properly show you when it detected a bad block that could not be recovered, if it could be recovered it'll mention that aswell

- Fixed: Some output on screen wasn't saved to the log (apart from the progress indication which is quite useless)

- Fixed: Some messages would be added after the progress indication while in NAND mode instead of overwriting the progress indication (it's now shown correctly and logged!)

v1.4 (BETA)

- Changed: CPUKey Extraction now also works with Dashlaunch 3.08 and later

- Changed: The message shown when CPUKey Extraction fails nolonger mentions old dashboards, but instead mentions incompatible Dashlaunch version...

- Changed: Rawflash now tries to recover from a previous badflash (it erases each block and checks it again before thinking of it as bad...)

- Added: It'll now also show you the currently running Dashlaunch version (if there is one running)

v1.3 (BETA)

- Added: Auto/Manual mode, it can now do things straight away rather then waiting for user input...

- Added: CPUKey Extraction this is done before it asks what to do, or even reads automode files...

- Added: It'll display the currently running dashboard version for you (Useful when dumping/updating to see what's running atm)

- Fixed: Output log will nolonger include anything that starts with "\r" meaning anything that reports status...

- Changed: Changed the text color to gold (0xFFFFD700)

- Changed: Font size is now smaller, and i've changed the font from Verdana to X360 by Redge

- Changed: The console will now hard-reset itself rather then power off (same way as a normal Xbox 360 update do)

- Changed: It'll now clear the screen before it starts reading/writing, giving you a more clear picture of what's going on ;)

v1.2

- Added: Full support for Corona v2 (4GB Corona)

- Added: Auto Detect which mode to run in (it'll autodetect if you are running on a MMC type of machine or a RAW type [MMC type = Corona 4GB/V2, RAW = any other older machine])

- Added: Safe-Flash (Read to recovery.bin then write)

- Added: Autoshutdown after flash (it'll tell you it's shutting down then count down starting at 5 seconds...)

- Added: It'll turn off your wireless controllers during flash to keep you safe (if you reconnect them they'll be shut off again while it's working)

- Fixed: If you accidently hit eject the app now stays running! :D

- Fixed: You no longer see the options to write if you don't have a updflash.bin next to the app...

- Fixed: Lot's of code cleanup, making it look nicer and easier to follow/understand :)

- Added: It'll now also check for Spare data before writing, again it's a safety measure, if it finds spare data while in MMC mode it'll warn you about it and give you the option to exit... and of course the other way around for raw mode...

- Added: The above check for spare also checks for the "Magic bytes" (your Xbox 360 image should start with 0xFF4F, i've never seen an image that differ from this, and thus it's an easy way for me to check that the file you give the app really is a nand...)

- Fixed: The app will now clear the line of output before it starts overwriting, this means that you'll no longer see leftover output on screen from previous output ;) (mostly for error messages during progress output)

- Changed: The app now use a different font (it used Arial before, now it uses verdana)

** WARNING!! If you don't let the app exit after flashing a corona v2 you will most likely end up with a machine that no longer boots untill you reflash it using a computer!! You've been warned... **

** Altought this version adds multipile security checks before it starts writing an image to your nand it can still be very dangerous... if you don't know what you are doing, don't do it! ;) **

v1.1

- Added: Now able to dump your nand

- Added: Now also writes a log of whatever output it gave to you on screen (except for current progress output)

- Added: Timer, it now checks and tell you how long it took to perform the task (in seconds... if there is more then 60, you'll have to calculate on your own how many minutes and so on it took ;))

- Fixed: Now properly turns of when you've flashed your NAND

** A Little word of warning: DO NOT exit the app after flashing... turn of your console after flashing it!! or you'll not be particularly happy with what you see ;) **

v1.0

- Initial release, Just a quick mod of the previously released "nandflasher_xex" to fix output issue/problem and make it slightly more "safe" by requiring input from you...

Simple 360 NAND Flasher v1.4b BETA.rar

Simple 360 NAND Flasher v1.4b_Italian BETA.rar

Simple 360 NAND Flasher v1.4b_Portuguese BETA.rar

Simple 360 NAND Flasher v1.4b_Russian BETA.rar

Simple 360 NAND Flasher v1.4b_German BETA.rar

Edited by Swizzy
Added german translation
  • Like 17

Thank you for this swizzy, very nice round of updates, personally I especially appreciate the fact that you keep your projects open source, this really gives us less knowledgeable devs some great examples to learn from! ,, again thanks for all your great work ;)

• Like 2

when trying to dump the nand I get an "Unable to open game:\flashdmp.bin for write" error

I am on a Corona Glitch 2 16197 box

thanks a bunch.

when trying to dump the nand I get an "Unable to open game:\flashdmp.bin for write" error

I am on a Corona Glitch 2 16197 box

thanks a bunch.

Where are you running it from? basically, this occurs when it's unable to open a filehandle to save the dump...

Where are you running it from? basically, this occurs when it's unable to open a filehandle to save the dump...

I put the default.xex onto the root of a USB drive. then I boot the xbox normally. It starts NAND flasher after the bootscreen ok. My understanding is that it shoudl write to the dump to the place the NAND flasher is stated from correct? why does it try to write to game:// partition ?

I put the default.xex onto the root of a USB drive. then I boot the xbox normally. It starts NAND flasher after the bootscreen ok. My understanding is that it shoudl write to the dump to the place the NAND flasher is stated from correct? why does it try to write to game:// partition ?

Game:\ is a virtual path which lets it dump directly to where it was loaded from...

I think you messed up in that it doesn't mount game:\ when you put default.xex in the root like that... i could make you a special build which allows for that behaviour if you want... it's not terribly difficult to do...

thanks a bunch. that's very kind of you. But I think I realized the issue here, when I run the NAND flasher from the Dashboard game: is mounted properly.

does it do any harm if I start the NAND flasher like this and not the default.xex root drive kinda way?

thanks a bunch. that's very kind of you. But I think I realized the issue here, when I run the NAND flasher from the Dashboard game: is mounted properly.

does it do any harm if I start the NAND flasher like this and not the default.xex root drive kinda way?

Not at all, that's the whole point of it... when you flash however you must restart the console after it's completed otherwise it'll cause damage (that's also why i made it auto-restart when done after flashing)

Not at all, that's the whole point of it... when you flash however you must restart the console after it's completed otherwise it'll cause damage (that's also why i made it auto-restart when done after flashing)

I just flashed my console with 17150. thank you very much again for your support. I will remark the issues I  had in the tutorial forum post that I was following.

When we update to the newest dash can we delete the updateflash.bin ?

Once you're done updating, you can delete it yes... obviously, you don't want to delete it before flashing it... but once it's been flashed you no longer need it, you should keep your flashdmp.bin tho just in case of errors later on, or you can keep the updflash.bin as it was the last image to work (if there was nothing wrong after flashing that image)

hey i am new to xbox 360 so sorry!! i am having a problem. When i dump nand it freezes (not more than 1 sec) and then continues it happens 7 to 8 times in whole process the nand is of 48mb. and when i open it with xebuild it gives and error "Cant determine if it is a big or small block nand" i ignored that message and entered cpu key then i says "unable to decrypt kv either it is corrupt or the cpu key you supplied is incorrect"  i checked the cpu key many times it is correct i cannot acces my kv what should i do i also used j runner but there was no problem in it but i wanted to check my kv if it is banned or not,i used kv checker it skipped the kv.bin file i posted the serial no of xbox in xbox console check website it says "unable to detect the state of this serial number at this time, connect this device to xbox live"  what should i do  MY CONSOLE IS  A CORONA 4GB RHG SLIM MODEL 

hey i am new to xbox 360 so sorry!! i am having a problem. When i dump nand it freezes (not more than 1 sec) and then continues it happens 7 to 8 times in whole process the nand is of 48mb. and when i open it with xebuild it gives and error "Cant determine if it is a big or small block nand" i ignored that message and entered cpu key then i says "unable to decrypt kv either it is corrupt or the cpu key you supplied is incorrect"  i checked the cpu key many times it is correct i cannot acces my kv what should i do i also used j runner but there was no problem in it but i wanted to check my kv if it is banned or not,i used kv checker it skipped the kv.bin file i posted the serial no of xbox in xbox console check website it says "unable to detect the state of this serial number at this time, connect this device to xbox live"  what should i do  MY CONSOLE IS  A CORONA 4GB RHG SLIM MODEL

Why do you even care if it's banned or not?

xeBuild GUI doesn't support 4GB nand's as-is, so that error is normal... the freezing you speak of could be due to the device you were dumping to...

my xbox takes time to start fsd and load covers when i open xbox 360 games in fsd why? i have seen many console on the internet they dont take time what is wrong with my console please reply waiting from 2 days

my xbox takes time to start fsd and load covers when i open xbox 360 games in fsd why? i have seen many console on the internet they dont take time what is wrong with my console

It's the install probably... take it back to who ever installed the hack for you and have them optimize the installation for you...

It's the install probably... take it back to who ever installed the hack for you and have them optimize the installation for you...

Hi there, Swizzy. I hope you're doing well.

I also have a similar issue. It takes at least 2 - 3 minutes for my 360 S Corona to boot but I'm okay with it. If the installation isn't optimized like you mentioned, would I have trouble updating my console?

Also, what I really wanted to ask was about your Flasher. I downloaded v1.3 last week so that I could retrieve my CPU Key as well as dump my RGH's NAND. But it gave me the "Dashboard is to old... Use Xell!" error. So I wasn't able to obtain my CPUKey but I still went ahead and dumped it and got a 48.0 MB .bin. 

I tried v.14 earlier today and for some reason, I didn't get the error from v1.3, does that mean this supports older Dashboards? I'm on an SD TV and it's almost impossible to read the CPUKey on Dashlaunch but so far, with the CPUKey I got from your v1.4 Flasher, it looks the same on Dashlaunch. I also got a 48.0 MB .bin from it.

Which flashdmp.bin should I use? The one I dumped from v1.3 (the one that doesn't recognize my Dashboard)? Or is the v.14 dump more accurate? How can I make sure that the dump is "flawless?"

Cheers!

Hi there, Swizzy. I hope you're doing well.

I also have a similar issue. It takes at least 2 - 3 minutes for my 360 S Corona to boot but I'm okay with it. If the installation isn't optimized like you mentioned, would I have trouble updating my console?

Also, what I really wanted to ask was about your Flasher. I downloaded v1.3 last week so that I could retrieve my CPU Key as well as dump my RGH's NAND. But it gave me the "Dashboard is to old... Use Xell!" error. So I wasn't able to obtain my CPUKey but I still went ahead and dumped it and got a 48.0 MB .bin. 

I tried v.14 earlier today and for some reason, I didn't get the error from v1.3, does that mean this supports older Dashboards? I'm on an SD TV and it's almost impossible to read the CPUKey on Dashlaunch but so far, with the CPUKey I got from your v1.4 Flasher, it looks the same on Dashlaunch. I also got a 48.0 MB .bin from it.

Which flashdmp.bin should I use? The one I dumped from v1.3 (the one that doesn't recognize my Dashboard)? Or is the v.14 dump more accurate? How can I make sure that the dump is "flawless?"

Cheers!

It's not really a issue with old dashboards, or even old Dashlaunch versions... it's more of an issue that 1.3 doesn't support the new Dashlaunch versions (it doesn't get the response it expects)

1.4b supports all versions of dashlaunch to-date that supports the command which allows me to get the cpukey...

Either dump should be fine, using JRunner you can see if it loads your dump fine, if that's the case, it's probably ok... i do have other tools to check, but... right now i don't feel like sharing the Corona 4G compatible ones as they're not 100% complete yet...

It's not really a issue with old dashboards, or even old Dashlaunch versions... it's more of an issue that 1.3 doesn't support the new Dashlaunch versions (it doesn't get the response it expects)

1.4b supports all versions of dashlaunch to-date that supports the command which allows me to get the cpukey...

Either dump should be fine, using JRunner you can see if it loads your dump fine, if that's the case, it's probably ok... i do have other tools to check, but... right now i don't feel like sharing the Corona 4G compatible ones as they're not 100% complete yet...

:-) 

One last question, with either dumped NANDS, I'm getting the "error: unable to decrypt kv! either it's corrupt or the cpukey you supplied is incorrect!" message when I Check KV on XeBuild. From what I've read so far, KVs are related to the console getting banned - I still tried connecting my console to Xbox Live when I went back home with my newly RGHed console. Lol! Is it normal to get this error? Or should I refrain from flashing my console with the hacked image?

*I'll try J-Runner later.

Thanks again! More power to you!

:-) 

One last question, with either dumped NANDS, I'm getting the "error: unable to decrypt kv! either it's corrupt or the cpukey you supplied is incorrect!" message when I Check KV on XeBuild. From what I've read so far, KVs are related to the console getting banned - I still tried connecting my console to Xbox Live when I went back home with my newly RGHed console. Lol! Is it normal to get this error? Or should I refrain from flashing my console with the hacked image?

*I'll try J-Runner later.

Thanks again! More power to you!

That's a normal error when you have a 4GB/MMC Corona, xeBuild GUI tries to read the keyvault as if it was a NAND with spare data, but MMC corona's don't have that... so... it'll read 512 bytes out of every 528 bytes, and thus get wrong data... when it then tries to decrypt it, the data doesn't decrypt correctly as it's incorrect :) when i built xeBuild GUI 2.0 there was no MMC corona's, so i didn't have any need to support anything else... and i've not had motivation to fix this since...