RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheExecutter

Updating Xell

Hi, So today I wanted to update Xell Reloaded, i downloaded everything, put it on a usb, renamed the binary and launched Xellaunch (xell doesnt start with eject), it found the update but refused to flash... Is it posible to update it and maybe set it to run Xell with eject button?

My guess is that it refused to flash because you have a 4GB Corona (MMC Corona)? if so; the only solution is to rebuild your nand using xeBuild GUI or whatever GUI (or perhaps direct CLI?) you prefer...

Then you flash the freshly built image using Simple 360 NANDFlasher, once it's done it's job it'll reboot your console for you, and you can from this point onwards hopefully start XeLL using eject (unless something went horribly wrong)

I have a Jasper...

Then there is no reason for it to refuse to do it... unless it is unable to find your XeLL... you can still do the same thing to solve it tho ;)

ok, but im kindda afraid to do it, messed up the first time and had to take it to the store to fix it...

Dump with Simple 360 NANDFlasher 1.4b, send me all the files that are in the folder next to the xex and i'll make you a image and such which should work for you... it's quite rare that there are issues while updating...

I failed couse i selected JTAG insted of RGH2 back then...  Can I dump with flash 360?

See? there's the problem... user error...

Yes, you can use that out-dated peice of garbage, but it's highly NOT recommended

xD thx for that, also when i updated it via Xebuil it said Xell : power on console with IR guide/X button

AND btw i updated the console to the newest kernel and the avatars are not working...

you need to install the avatar data for the specific dashboard version you have updated too

i did it thank you, now i dumped the NAND and put it into Jrunner, entered the DVD Key, chose the motherboard, glitch type and dashboard and build in image... Can I flash now?

i did it thank you, now i dumped the NAND and put it into Jrunner, entered the DVD Key, chose the motherboard, glitch type and dashboard and build in image... Can I flash now?

Yes, you can flash it now, that messages means whoever installed the hack for you changed the xeBuild settings

How can you change them?

EDIT: I found it

Will this update the Xell version too?

Ussually yes, we ussually update everything ;) as long as you have a recent package you should be getting the recent XeLL aswell...

Ok, i downloaded it via JRunner so it should be good... one last thing, do i flash via Xell or Simple 360 Nand flasher?

As long as your dashboard is working i'd say; use Simple 360 NAND Flasher

OH right, should i unplug the external hard drive, to leave just the usb plugged in?

Doesn't matter